All member reviews for Frances: Bedtime for Frances

Great lessons and cute stories for preschoolers.

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byingodslove@hotm... April 14, 2011

I cant recommend it.

My kids (2,4) learned bad behaviors from watching this movie. They started stalling before bed and claiming that there were scary things in their room when they hadnt previously thought of that. Also, Frances is demanding and rude sometimes and this goes uncorrected by her parents. I don;t let my kids get away with stuff like that. Yes, I agree that some of the movie possibly helps little ones learn how to deal with common childhood problems, but for us, it just caused more problems. The music and graphics are cute and colorful and my kids really like to watch it.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byyip95 March 25, 2011

Parent of a 5 year old Written byElizamamma September 3, 2009

Kids will love it (and parents might not) for the music

Good stories, slightly saccharine but my kids love these stories. Heads up, music lovers - classical pieces are freely used and given Frances inspired lyrics. However, my son now can play Beethoven and Chopsticks on the piano because he loved the music in this video so much. Mixed blessing, I suppose. Only con, it gave my son great ideas for stalling tactics at bedtime.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysmi34563 June 26, 2009

Great lessons, fun for little ones!

Sisters learn about how to care for each other when the other is are sick. Lessons about fairness, patience, family time and going to bed on your own. My two year old even picked up on the importance of brushing teeth. She has learned the words to the songs and I catch her singing them to herself. It's a great combo of the classic book and modern dvd produced by Jim Henson. I think it will be revisited often when a second child comes to our family! Well done!