All member reviews for Frankenstein

Classic monster movie still electrifies.

Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Perfect for younger kids

Hate it and I'm 11 years old.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2013

VIOLENCE- 5/10. Some unsettling moments/infrequent violent content. A house is set on fire, Frankenstein throws a girl into a lake. She drowns, and later is shown dead. Frankenstein may be scary for kids 8 and under, and a litle creepy for age 9. 10+ is fine. LANGUAGE: 3.5/10. Mild, like one h*ll, and one d*mn. Good movie for mature 9-year-olds, ten and up is fine!
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2010

CSM has a bad review

"A man and woman kiss"? Really? My mom and dad kiss. My brother kissed his girlfriend.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 16, 2011

One of the best monster movies

There is only one shocking scene in this film, which might not be great for children, involving a young girl. It's not really horror, more of a classic monster movie. I'd rank it up there with King Kong.
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 13, 2011

Yay for classical films!

This movie, while more mildly creepy than actually scary, is a great example of the film industry at its very beginning. The story is grabbing and the characters amuse.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2010

good for twens 10 and up

I love the orginal Frankenstein they aren't as bloddy and gorry as the new ones this is not rated
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014

Not very scary...

Children will get scared when the girl drowns.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJames N. O November 14, 2013

Simply Put, A Disappointment

I went into this movie with little expectation. I had just finished reading the book in my literature class, and we were watching this movie for extra credit. The teacher told us it was unfaithful to the story. I should've listened. I sat watching this movie, amazed at how bad Hollywood had messed it over. I suppose, as a movie, it stands alone, and remains one of the classic "Scary" movies, but, as a fan of this book, I cannot recommend this movie. My advice? Wait until they're a little older, and then watch the Frankenstein from 1994, starring Kenneth Brannagh and Robert de Niro
Parent Written byBigelmer October 13, 2013

A Classic that Still Holds Up Today

This movie entertained by 12 yr olds from start to finish. The action starts immediately and, other than a one to two slow spots, keeps kids entertained throughout. Karloff's monster is perfect - a true classic movie creation. His walk, is blank facial expressions, oversized suit, and drooping eyes are perfect. The scene with the little girl might be a little disturbing for some kids. As this movie came out 4 years after sounds was brought to film, the audio can be a little grainy at times. But, this movie is well worth a watch. 'Bride of Frankenstein' is considered an equal to this movie. And, if you are ever going to see 'Young Frankenstein' with the kids, then this is an essential prerequisite.
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

The special effects are actually very good and the storyline is great.

I was surprised at how good this is.
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2010
Hmm,kissing is a bad thing? I quite like the book, but this is not for the faint of heart. :D