All member reviews for Freaky Friday (1976)

Endearing '76 original may feel outdated to kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLindsayphoto January 18, 2010

Freaky Friday

I LOVE this movie! I like it better then the newer one.( with Lindsay Lohan in it) But all of my sisters and brothers thinks that this IS kind of boring and that the newer old is the best. This older Freaky Friday is way cleaner then the newer one but both Freaky Friday have VERY good actors in it. If you (or your kids like the older Disney movies and like the Freaky Friday, then you must watch this! Jodie Foster ROCKS! :D:D:D
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 February 23, 2012

i prefer this one!

I to prefer this one over the new version. cause this one is way funnier the clothes are cooler . this is a way better one than the 2003 one way better!
Parent of a 1, 3, 6, and 8 year old Written byhightide August 5, 2015

Old fashioned and fun

I think this is a great show, I grew up watching it and really enjoyed watching it with my girls (8,6). FYI There are a few body references- the first when the young annabelle makes a remark and obvious stare at her chest while looking in the mirror, when annabelle and her mother switch places and annabelle is discovering her mothers body through her brain, and then when annabelle is coming to her fathers office and meeting his attractive secretary. One bad word that I noticed. Annabelle (as her mother) refers to her little brother as a jack___. The mother smokes but it is obvious that it is distasteful to Annabelle. There are multiple references to alcohol, and one time that Ben pulls out a bottle of gin.
Kid, 9 years old May 24, 2015

Does not have ANYTHING that is inappropriate

There are no inappropriate parts to this great movie. Usually parents like it, but older kids will probably like it too.