All member reviews for Freaky Friday

Mother-daughter switch is fun comedic chaos.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMissE1000 April 19, 2011

LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

Awesome movie, relevant for a lot of moms and daughters. There is one reference that is failed to be pointed out where Anna, who was in her mom's body at the moment, refers to a girl "doing it" in a sexual way, but it is used appropriately and will go over most kid's heads.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 September 8, 2009

Great Fun

This movie is quite fun with solid performances from the leads.
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2010

tweens only

The girl is mean to her mom and the words ewww
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2010

Cute Movie for all ages interested.

Younger children won't be interested, but older tweens and teens will enjoy tame humor and smart writing. It is work to be admired for the comedy and work put in by Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. I enjoyed it. The only concerns are schoolyard words "scr**ed", "s**ks", etc, but nothing too awful.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 15, 2011

Really funny!

It was a really good movie that shows how life can be in someone else's shoes. Plus, it's really funny! Violence: Some mild slapstick violence Sex: Some mild cleavage, flirting, and kissing. Drinking: Alchol at the rehearsal dinner.
Kid, 10 years old June 2, 2010

Not bad...

Some language when daughter is mom, Anna is a bad role model when the movie starts but gets better, same with messages...
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

This is a fun movie that almost anyone will enjoy!

This movie really shows the daughter that their mom's lives aren't prefect and the mom that the kid doesn't make their life look hard, it just is. Any kid will enjoy this movie ages 5-13. Enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuddrey. November 19, 2009

Kid movie.

i didn't really like it. just wasn't funny. loved it when i was little.
Adult Written byEllen Raff April 9, 2008

Proves good movies for parents/kids are possible!

Thanks to help from CSM rating, I dared to take my 7 year old boy. He had no problem following the identity switch and was delighted with the ensuing action. I had many a good laugh and so did all age groups seated around us. Everyone should see this, but especially moms and daughters. How can I express my gratitude for a clever and entertaining movie I can actually enjoy with my kid and recommend to others without hesitation? Kudos to the makers of this film-- we want more like it! I agree with the PG rating for language, but it is mild and no worse than the (uncalled for!) potty humor in Finding Nemo.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... June 2, 2011

cool movie!

its movies like this when u wish sometimes u could be ur mom for a day that be so cool! and Freaky Friday is exactly like that hey u might even get closer to ur mom after watching this movie a really good movie for all ages!
Kid, 8 years old August 14, 2010

nice movie watch it if you can

this is a good movie watch it LANGUAGE- one use of hell sucks blows SEX- some harmless kisses HIGHLIGHTS- anna and her mother learn to get along together RATING : PG for mild thematic elements and some language kind of movie : comedy
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion June 7, 2009

Fun, Funny, and Sometimes Genuinely Touching...

FREAKY FRIDAY is a studio's nightmare. The sucess of the movie rides completely on the strength of the two main performances. The script and direction mean nothing if those two actors aren't cast perfectly. Lucky for us, they were. Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan are perfect in this movie, believable and very funny. Also, there's little objectionable material. There is no language, only some crude terms like "sucks" and one use of "h*ll" ("makeover from h*ll"). There are some mild, harmless innuendos that will go over kids' heads, like when Mark Harmon's character causes Curtis to trip over a couch, and her dad says "save it for the honeymoon". No violence, drugs, or negative role models. Quite the contrary, actually. While both mother and daughter act immaturely to begin with, they each act out of love towards the end.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

Great for the whole family

My five-year-old daughter and ten-year-old son both loved this, as did I. I still do, many dvd viewings later.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

Well worth the BUY for 10+

I had a lot of fun watching this on my birthday so I bought it. A few bad words but it could fly over a kid's head or say "oooo no that movie said a bad word, plug your ears."Worth it.
Educator and Parent Written byCommonSenseChristian February 5, 2013

Too Freaky to be a Friday Family Film

The premise of Freaky Friday is overwhelmingly positive. Mom and daughter, having significant problems understanding each other, switch roles and bond through the experience. Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis put their own interesting twists on this modernized version of the story, with Mom as a high-powered psychologist and daughter Anna as a wannabe rocker with a crush on a guy Mom feels ambivalent about, mostly because he rides a motorcycle. The bonding and lessons do occur, quite realistically, and that's gratifying. However, this movie does have quite a few caveats. Anna and her mother's disrespect for each other is, at the least, grating. Anna and her crush, Jake (in Mom's body) discuss controversial bands like The Hives, and Jake develops a rather disturbing crush on Mom/Anna. Anna dresses provocatively, and makes a crack about Bible-sellers (readers?) Yoga and voodoo are invoked, which might make the film a no-go for some families, especially those of the Judeo-Christian persuasion. Anna, in Tess' body, sets off a mosh pit, and signs an enamored fan's behind. In all honesty, this film has too many "freaky" parts to make it enjoyable for a Friday night.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 29, 2012

ok

Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda411 April 17, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 17, 2009
Adult Written byMovieMan101 April 9, 2008

FREAKY FRIDAY- Great fun!

FREAKY FRIDAY was a great funny movie. I haven't seen a better performance from Jamie Lee Curtis in years. Sex- 4: I know you're probably thinking why did I give a "CAUTION" on sex, but I found there were some sexual references but not anywhere near explicit. Nudity-1: A brief shot of Jamie Lee Curtis in a thong. Violence-0 Drug Use-0 Language-4: Some brief moments of language. Diversity/Racism-2: Over-stereotyped Asian character Scariness- 0 Commercialism- 0 Rude Humor- 0 My Rating: PG for some language/sexual references and thematic elements
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Lohan and Curtis provide loads of laughs in cute family comedy

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): Some passionate kissing, mild references to sex. Violence (Not an Issue): Some comic violence. Language (Pause): Three uses of "hell", plus obnoxious schoolyard language ("blows", "sucks", "old fart", etc.) Social Behavior (On): Anna and Tess learn to be selfless. Strong female characters. Commercialism (Not an Issue): The House of Blues. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Some social drinking.