All member reviews for Free Birds

Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2013

Great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

this movie was greeeaaatt!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was all out hilarous! peple were litterly crying away their laughs.their is a little fort bombing violence and scenes where characters are in grave danger.it has mild turkey innuendo and some sad moments.But i was literally laughing my pants of!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 1, 2013

if your a kid 12 and under you would give this movie 5 out of 5 but if your a teen or an adult you will find yourself facepalming and would prefer to see Thor the Dark World instead

It's better than escape from planet earth but is the second worst animated movie I have seen for 2013 plus I wanted to like this movie due to its goofy plot,me being a big fan of Owen Wilson and me being a fan of animated movies in general but unfortunately what could have been a really funny seemovie turned into a clique lowbrow humor movie that was kinda boring and the comedy isn't really funny and only kids will will find the comedy in this movie funny,teens and adults will fall asleep,plus I like mindless action as much as the next guy but it gets annoying when there's action for no reason other than the sake of adding action
Teen, 13 years old Written bysophie14799 May 5, 2014

not good

there is so much violence in this film i don't recommend
Teen, 15 years old Written byJonathan Arrel May 31, 2014

Fun Idea, bad movie

The film starts out okay, however, what could have been a great movie turned out boring. The plot line was boring, the humor wasn't there. Even more so, the portrayal of colonial turkeys as stereotype Indians, and misrepresentation of the pilgrims and colonial America was disappointing. The characters are very one dimensional, and the main character is just plain annoying.
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

Warning Spoilers!

I didn't like this movie. It was annoying. Our main character Reggie (the 'smart one'), tells all his turkey family that they are being fattened up TO BE KILLED. The other turkeys don't believe him and set him to the side where he is an outcast. Then Thanksgiving comes and all of a sudden the turkeys become sane. Despite the fact that Reggie warned them, he is there sacrifice. (Maybe because he's purple? That's kinda racist.) The president's little girl finds Reggie and throws a fit for him to be the 'pardon turkey'. (Maybe because he's purple? That's kinda racist.) Anyway kids, when you have a tantrum, know that the turkey will always be your's :) After a pointless montage of him watching TV and eating pizza we finally get to the plot. He is kidnapped by Jake. Jake was told by the 'Great Turkey' that he has a great destiny and will save turkeys from the dreaded holiday, Thanksgiving. They time travel all the way to the first Thanksgiving and meet Jenny (Reggie's love interest) & her brother What's-it's-face (forgot his name). They are dressed in Native American headdresses and face paint. (That's kinda racist.) Well they are there we have to survive the characters of this movie that probably took 5 minutes for the writers to come up with. OH THE PAIN! Then bam! Reggie and Jake go get fire crackers and explode the darn shack full of weapons that the humans keep to hunt the turkey, deer, and whatever other animals they ate back then. BUT they are stupid, and leave a trail of ash right into the turkey's shelter. Reggie gets very angry at himself, and gives up, and goes home to his old house where he would eat pizza and watch TV. About half a dozen Reggies come to tell him that he himself is the 'Great Turkey'. He goes back into the past and sees the humans surround their shelter and watches it burn in flames. He goes inside looking for Jenny, and finds her looking for a way to get to her siblings/turkey tribe. Jake saves the baby turkeys from being burnt, and they reach safety thanks to their leader, The Chief who dies saving them. Reggie visits the present, gets all the pizza he can, takes it to the past, and gives it to the humans to eat instead of turkey. They are safe and the movie ends with Reggie staying in the past with Jenny and her tribe.
Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2014

Disappointing

well, I think they made a good attempt, and kinda failed. It's not what I expected. Pretty disappointing if you ask me. I thought "Free Birds" was going to be a good, special, movie. Instead, it was a good-ish movie that my 7 year old sister fell asleep in the middle of. But it was good enough too get a 3 star rating for me.
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2014

Hate this

TOO MUCH INNUENDO
Teen, 13 years old Written bylimabeanzrule November 30, 2013

Don't waste your time.

When it is not predictable its confusing, don't waste your time. I saw this in a movie theater with a friend of mine, and I thought it was going to be an average Disney movie: sometimes funny; likable characters: a little boring; and a happy ending. Well in this movie, it was rarely funny and I hated the main character, he was so annoying! Not to mention the ending kinda sucked, so to sum it up: Don't watch this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywxwxwxwx November 30, 2013

Ok movie

When the turkey is eating the pizza, it says Chuck E Cheeses. In the first thanksgiving in 1621, kids will learn about the holiday and what year it first celebrated. There is also a time machine named Steve where someone can take to the present, future and past. There is also places in the movie that I have been to before are Auntie Anne's and Old Navy
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2013

free birds

it was good. there is some funny things people say like those are some angry birds but small kids would not get the story line and what happens in it like when the birds launched pumpkins on fire and one hits a guy in the head and it gets stuck on his head
Teen, 15 years old Written byNotreDameFan March 21, 2015

I must admit it was a lot better than i thought

When i saw the preview for this i thought it would suck but it was acutally pretty funny.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 9, 2014

Disappointing thanksgiving way back comedy turns turkey untold

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action
Teen, 17 years old Written byIreview October 7, 2014

Offensive

I cannot believe that NOBODY has said anything about just how judgmental this movie really is. Plus I ha gotten my hopes up too much about this movie First things first, we have the Native American stereotype/racism thing going on. Being Cherokee, I get pretty sick of this. But what bothers me to the point of even bothering to write a review here is the fact that they poke fun at the mentally ill. First you'll see an older turkey talking "alone", and Reggie comes up. He says "what are you looking at, weirdo?!" And continues his conversation. (I haven't seen this in a year so, I may be a bit off) that could also be anyone who hears voices in general, really. But then the Great Turkey thing comes up and Reggie calls Jake crazy, I believe. They always do. He says "it's a voice in your head, it's not real!" Not to mention the fact that Jake has something to accomplish, which they made seen like a "delusion". Nobody caught that, really? And when that kid is blurting out personal things about people, and she says a woman (can't remember) "eats her feelings" Oh sure, kids, lets all laugh at the people who are challenged! Because schizophrenia and binge eating are laughing matters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacob Ebdon July 18, 2014

Movie

Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

fine for 4 year olds

free birds is a fun, family movie. theres one sad scene that might scare or bring tears to younger viewers.
Kid, 12 years old April 25, 2014

Free Birds

I thought it was cute... ^-^ and funny... :D Yeah... that's all. :T Oh and I wish instead of eating turkey for thanksgiving everyone would eat pizza, I really have to find a time machine like those turkeys... But seriously, I really liked the part of the movie when Jake rescued the baby turkeys (it was an adorable 'aww' moment), also that Jenny and Greg were awkward around each other XD (But how Greg responded to 'dogs' >.> ...). Oh and also I just wanted to say me and my homeroom saw the movie today and we all laughed at all of the flirty moments... :3 The bad thing about the movie was the sad parts...it could make a bunch of kindergarten kid cry ya'know... but what is a movie with unhappy consequences :). I give it a... 5! Just because its funny :D.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFriendlyReviewer April 8, 2014

Disappointing Movie, Little Bit Educational Value And Nothing Explicit At All..

Movie Was One Of The Stupidest Thing I Have Ever Seen Although It Contains A Little Educational Value.. Nothing Explicit At All..
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2014

Terrible, terrible movie

The trailers for this movie made it like it was going to be a good one. To put it simple, I hated Free Birds. I could honestly go on and on about how horrible this movie was, and, forgive me, I am. The jokes were stupid, the talking time machine named Steve was probably the most annoying movie character I have ever seen, and the plot just died 15 minutes into the movie. It really looked like the directors had just given up midway through production. I have no idea how they got Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson to star in this movie. Blackmail maybe? I can't continue. Too many bad memories. I recommend this movie if you're looking for a way to burn 20 bucks.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFilm Friend December 29, 2013

I didn't think it was very good

It was predictable. I knew the chief was going to sacrifice himself in the end. I didn't find it very funny. I think they tried too hard to make it funny that it ended up not being funny. And I didn't get why all the turkey chicks were different colors. The only part that I thought was funny was when a couple of turkeys were doing hand signals to each other.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2013

NOT REALLY GOOD.

It has some humour,but it was boring.IT WAS KIND OF SAD WHEN THE CHIEF DIED.ALTHOUGH I LIKE WOODY HARRELSON AND OWEN WILSON.Some romance between Reggie and Jenny.THEY FLIRT (or should i say awkardly) and kiss offscreen.Some violence and insulting.