All member reviews for Friday the 13th (2009)

Horror remake isn't for anyone, let alone teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBubbajean February 22, 2009

Don't tell me CS actually gave this 1 star

I've seen this movie twice because I loved it so much! How could you guys give this 1 star? You guys are serious wimps to give this 1 star because of what it is. I went in expecting to see Jason slaughter stupid teens. I got that and great acting and some sick humor. The deaths were diverse, a few I've seen before (fireplace poker through the eye-Terminator 2, T1000 stabs someone through the eye with his knife pointed finger) but these deaths were very well depicted and believable. The worst (yet best) and most graphic death in my opinion is when a guy gets an ax thrown in his spine, then Jason picks him up and throw him on the ground causing the ax to go through his back and burst out of his chest. The sexual content is plentiful, but again, this IS Friday the 13th so, what else is expected? There are plenty of cuss words, but you don't really pay attention to that when you're watching Jason (who I must say is portrayed/played perfectly in this movie in my opinion) cut down his victims one by one. The acting is good especially with the main character (the one looking for his sister) and Jason is huge and intimidating but never clunky which is what I feared. Best horror movie I've ever seen and CS has a bunch of wimps reviewing horror movies
Adult Written byCSMOfficialAccount February 22, 2009

Horror remake isn't for anyone, let alone teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjmelao February 21, 2009

Don't take so hard on poor Jason

This movie is simply enternaining and I don't want nothing more. It's not like someone gonna be scarred for life, if you turn on the news, and there's the real horror. Overall I enjoy the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byerick112 February 19, 2009

funny horror movie

I thought this movie wasn't going to be any good. As I was seeing it I couldn't stop laughing at the deaths. The deaths were very creative. Couple of scenes during the movie were very dumb but all in all very entertaining horror movie remake.
Parent of an infant year old Written byLizbeth1990 February 18, 2009
Adult Written bylilyofthefield February 17, 2009

2009 Friday the 13th: Don't waste your time.

This movie should be rated X if you ask me. It was not worth $7 to hear many many curse words repeated over and over, see teens meddling with drugs and alcohol, two explicit sex scenes that go on for 5 minutes that show everything but the sex organs, and four women's breasts; they aren't just flashed either. The movie makes sure you get a good look at them because it will give different angles, repetitious moving on to a different scene then zapping back to the woman before you can cover your eyes. I just had to keep covering my boyfriend's eyes and was on the verge of just walking out of the theater. There were really only two parts in the whole movie that made me jump, and those 2 parts were not worth 2 hours of trash. Beyond that, it falls into the category that many "horror movies" are in today: just plain gore, no thrill. Like I told my boyfriend before we even watched the movie, the Jason movies are the same thing over and over except a different group of teens and change of scene. You know they are going to die. Overall, this is a must NOT see.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysilly_samsters February 16, 2009

REALLY GOOD

This movie was really good! I went with my friends and seen it and it keept me wannting to watch it! even though we sat in the front and it was really load but it was still really good!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydevon420 February 16, 2009

A must watch horror

This movie will go down in history it's a scary and parts are funny, now parents i'm thirteen and I saw it opening night and i'm seeing it again this wedsday, and yes there is some nudity, boobs butt but kids have seen it before
Adult Written byDrakos February 16, 2009

Read this before review ever again!!!

Ok i respect what your doing common sense ... im 18 male got a little sister and a girl friend... average kind of guy ... but with scary movies we have to show the kids what the real world is and whats the best way to show them without putting them into it? we let them watch movies and tell them what is wrong and what is right. We should let them watch this movie and then review with them on hte subject . but dont get me wrong, not a movie for soft eyes. real young ones like non-teens probably shouldnt watch this movie. With teens though , they should watch it , becuase my parents limited me in those departments so i had sex at the age of 14 becuase i didnt know the risks i was taking. If we show the kids this kid of movies at home , then we are preparing them for their lifes, what they will run into sometimes . We cant always keep a watchful eye over them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysportsgurl9612 February 15, 2009

BEST/SCARIEST MOVIE EVER!

i just saw this movie about 30 minutes ago, and it was a great movie! Yes there was sex, drugs, and lots of swearing, but it doesnt make the movie bad! children have to learn about this some day, and they will understand it more when they grow up! when they wont showing Jason killing the kids, they usualy showed drugs being used, or sex! And even thoguh I am 13, it wasnt new to me! So you should see this movie if you havent already! If your under 14, just explain to your parents that you are mature enough to understand this! Because I have been seeing Rated R movies since I was 8, and I am very mature!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycollege February 15, 2009

this is better than the other jason movies ive seen.

I thought all the other friday the 13th movies were good,but this one was the best horror movie ive ever seen.This movie wasnt realy scary if your not scared of blood and stuff.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn February 15, 2009

I love this movie. It is actually really good. The ending is pretty odd, but it's still a good movie. If you are 13 or over and mature, you should go see it. (:
Adult Written bygcerda88 February 15, 2009

A movie definately not for kids and parents aren't listening.

I won't go into great detail about the movie, just know it isn't for kids. When you think about it its a guy killing a bunch of stupid teens drinking, doing drugs and conducting in sexual acts. To some people its a classic because of the whole slasher films which go toward Halloween and people just like that stuff. For kids they should stay away from it. The only thing is I work at a movie theater and I see parents walk out of the theater with their kids when of course they would know its not a movie for kids. Things are really bad these days and should ban all kids even with their parents to go into the theater, with movies like this, at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrahamShane February 15, 2009

AMAZING!!

I love all the originals infact i own all of them and after seeing what a mess the remake of halloween was i was worried about seeing it. My dad took Me on Friday the 13th and i loved it we both did. i does have pretty explicit sex scenes and alot of nudity, but pretty much every teen is going to want to see it. Today its all about the sex, nudity, and gore i i think parents are going to have to get over that. Age 15 and up.
Adult Written byDBarto February 14, 2009

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is one of the worst remakes I have ever seen. I mean they take a perfectly good classic and ruin it. The acting is over-the-top, there is sex out the ears, language like you wouldn't believe, and its just not that scary (its just a bunch of gross out scares).
Teen, 14 years old Written byjuderman13 February 14, 2009

Your Fault Parents

Okay common sense, kids will be exposed to this one day. The world isn't made up of angels just to let you know. Don't blame the film companies for Rated-R movies. R is for restricted! Don't be outraged by your kids nightmares. If they are gonna get affected by it then don't let them see it. It's your fault Parents. The film obviously isn't intended for children. It isn't even as bad as you think. I'm 14 years old and saw this movie yesterday. It's nothing i haven't been exposed to before!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJWilliams303 February 14, 2009

loved it!

i saw it today and it was really scary. Definately not for any kids. Has a lot of sex scenes, nudity pretty much throughout, coarse language, some drugs and alcohol, and gory violence. Really really good
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaylababe12 February 13, 2009

Super awesome movie!!!

Today i went and saw the coolest movie friday the 13th on friday the 13th i'm not gonna tell you what happened cause it will ruin it if you did't see it. but youshould see it the movies great!!
Adult Written bysinisterplague February 13, 2009

I had a blast watching this

This is by far my favorite film from the Friday the 13th franchise. It had everything you could want from a a Friday film: boobs, butts, blood, and guts. Okay, maybe not "guts" but still plenty of the other three. I would've given it four stars if it was more gory though. That was the one thing they really skimped on, the gore. Not very disturbing. Jr. Highers could easily handle it. But Jason was a real badass in the film. They designed him well. Basically, if you liked the older Friday the 13th installments, you will most likely like this one too...unless you just have a beef against remakes.