Remake blends bloody vampire violence with humor.

Teen, 14 years old Written byontario_96 August 20, 2011

Great for teens!!

There is plenty of violence in this film, including some gore. Nothing over the top. The language is frequent. In my hometown this movie is rated 14A, and I think that is a fair rating. There is some sexual innuendo, but nothing a mature 13 year old can't handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythis1s4uandme August 27, 2011

Great for older teens!!!!:)

I just saw this movie last night and i was very plesently suprised!:) It definatly earned its R rating due to lots of violance and launguage. The launguage isnt anything kids dont hear in school it was just used very excessivly. There werent many scary parts so anyone over 13 shouldnt be too terrified. Overall a great vampire movie!:):):)
Teen, 16 years old Written bybanana man13 August 24, 2011

gangsta

its a great movie sure they swear alot like about 42 f bombs sl*t is said twice d***** is mentioned 2 times and there is tons of gore like stabbing neck biting and they start sex but the camera pans away
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2013

epic but not super scary

this is a epic movie but i cant say i found i super scary. the plot was good the actors were flawless and i could say its one of the best movies ever but i only found it quite a bit scary not horribly scary
Teen, 15 years old Written bybobbeta30 October 12, 2011

Amazing!

It LOVED this movie. Mostly David Tennant's performance ; ) . I think this is fine for fourteen and up, because as horror movies go, this one was pretty mild. The gore wasn't bad, and trust me, I HATE gory movies. The only thing was the language. They said f**k 48 times. I counted.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCtreska January 8, 2017

Vampire movies rock

I was telling my parents that I'm a beautiful vampire girl
Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2017

Great Horror Comedy film!

So after recommending my friend to watch this I decided to try watch it for myself. I'll be honest, it was amazingly good. It was also kinda scary with the vampire stuff, you know? But if you can handle blood, gore, burning, and sudden actions, I think you're A-Okay for this film.
Kid, 11 years old November 16, 2015

I Don't Know But...

I watched this at eleven, and I loved it! But I think it really depends on who's watching it, and what they generally hear/play/watch/etc. I think it was fine for me, but of course that highly depends. I wasn't scared at all. Some kids may be... This depends on what the parents think, but I'll say some. -- There's lots of gore, but it is highly comical. -- -- There is plenty of sexual references, and some other stuff, but it doesn't show anything. -- -- Sure, there's tons of extreme cursing, but that definitely depends on the family. If a kid has older siblings, chances are, they've heard a lot of it. I don't know what else to say. --
Adult Written bywhysoserious2 September 10, 2015

Not too scary and a good vampire film

I haven't seen the 1985 Fright Night but I think this one is worth checking out. I'm not a fan of the horror genre so I can say this film is definitely not as scary as I thought it would be (I expected to not be able to sit through it). However, it has some violence especially towards the end. I think anyone over 16 can handle it and have fun with it. There's some comedy throughout that felt refreshing and I liked a lot. Fans of traditional vampire stories will definitely be pleased. The performances are great as well!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinKin5 November 1, 2014

Awesome addicting movie to watch!

I'm usually very smart about the movies I watch. My parents are strict about the movies I watch as well. This movie called Fright Night is raded R but I watched the TV version instead and I LOVED it! I loved this movie so much that I wanted to watch it again. So I bought it. There are frequent used of f*ck and sh*t but it's very mild and easy to ignore because there is lots of action that follows. There's lots of violence but it is not incredibly gorry. I'm a vampire lover so I found this movie to be so interesting and fun to watch. I say to those kids/teens who love hot and violent vampires should most definitely watch this movie for sure!
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 12, 2014

Average, little on laughs or scares

The "Fright Night" remake is nothing groundbreaking in the horror genre, just a fun way to spend a couple hours with your brain turned off. Characters were certainly more developed in this film than most horror movies, and Farrall as vampire Jerry certainly brings a charisma the actor's famous for, sans Irish accent. But Brewster's nerdy background wasn't enough for me to care about him, and I'm afraid that's how most people will view this average film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 July 26, 2013

Really good vampire movie, that is mixed with humor

This is one of my favorite vampire movies next to lost boys, but some of the violence might draw people away. It does contain some strong vampire violence, and gore, but the violence and gore is computer done and I could tell. The blood is done in the same style as the movie 300 so I mean the blood looks pretty fake, but compared to some vampire movies this is not super violent. There is a lot of use of the F word and it is sometimes used sexually, but it is isn't terrible. There are some sexual references and talk of sex, but no sex is shown. This movie is a really good vampire movie and I think a mature 11 year old can handle it
Teen, 17 years old Written byBooknerd101 February 4, 2013

Violent. Like any Vampire movie

What a good movie. Colin Farrell and David Tennant are enough to want to see this movie. Violent? Vampire movie. Language. Lots. Sex? Teen in her underwear.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatherinePertrova December 26, 2012

Great Film for older teens and traditonal vampire lovers.

I love this interpretation of Vampires. Its a great film for 17 year old's. I think that it should not be rated R but rather MA 15+. Its a fantastic film and i recommend it for people who enjoy horrors with a twist of comedy.
Adult Written bymaelinya September 16, 2012

[TRIGGER WARNING: RAPE]

There is a very disturbing rape scene in this film, which is unfortunately not mentioned on this site's film description. It lasts at least a minute. Jerry (the bad guy) rapes a prostitute he has locked up in his house, while Charlie helplessly looks on. It is implied that Jerry habitually rapes his victims (possibly multiple times) before feeding on them. The rape is not sexualized, but it is also not referred to at any point later on in the film. Its only narrative purpose is to show that Jerry is a Bad Guy. Sexual violence always ought to be mentioned in Common Sense Media reviews.
Adult Written bybaba 1 May 13, 2012

Fright Night

Really scary horror movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustino4 March 21, 2012

Liked This One, Didn't See The 1985

I haven't seen the 1985 movie, but I sure as heck liked this movie! The gore is probably worse than the language so keep that in mind. 25 F bombs (Most of them are uttered by Peter Vincent).
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivieluvsu2 February 29, 2012

great way more scary then the original

Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2012

Not as scary as I thought, but a little scary.

Not as scary as the first fright night, but more bloody violence, however the only bloody violence is the vampire biting other peoples necks and blood comes out of the neck. This movie is ok for older teens, however I do not reccomend this movie for anyone under 16.
Teen, 13 years old Written byijustlovemovies January 14, 2012

really cool but gory and ful of sexual content

From beggining to end there is a never ending line of cuss words and throught the movie plenty of sexual content but nothing kid 13 and up wont undestand my main concern is the strong bloddy violence thought the fist half of the movie doesent have much it keeps increasing with the amount of violence, blood, and gore the end of the movie can be very intense. But overall this is a great movie i would be glad to see a couple times more. It is definitly worth buying or renting.