All member reviews for Frog and Wombat

Dated '90s tween mystery has bad acting, iffy content.

Parent Written byKMM5 September 6, 2013

Spoiler Alert: Let your kids watch this if you don't want them sleeping tonight!

They talk casually about mensturation, so make sure your kids know about it before watching this! Otherwise very good.... until the end! You think this is a silly "kids think they know everything" kind of movie and that eventually there will be a logical explanation.... wrong! Turns out not only is the bad guy a total creep, he is also a kidnapper and a murderer. So, the whole movie you're watching thinking it's a Disney-style sleuth movie and in the last 5 minutes you watch horrified as your child realizes every danger there is in the world..... and learns not to trust adult figures.
Parent Written byMargert-jerry September 25, 2014
This movie was absolutely awful! The acting was terrible. but some of the many really bad parts, were the times the obsessive, borderline insane 12 year old breaks in to people's homes, offices, and a country club. All on the crazy assumption that her new neighbor and principle is a murder and to make it worse, in the end HE IS!! He ends up breaking in to her house and kidnapping her, that part was way too intense for kids! (it's also one of the only times the acting is half decent.) there also a bunch of "wow I can't believe they just said that." moments such as the multiple times the young girls talked about being on their period, (I watched this with a male friend!) and "gag me with a 7th grader" I can't be the only one that thinks that is implying something... That's just the first one that I can think of, there's plenty of stuff like that. the movies actually pretty disturbing on many different levels. I'm just glad we watched this movie with just the two of us before letting his little brother watch it!