All member reviews for From Russia with Love

Adult Written byjowriggley April 9, 2008

Old Film with Old Views

I agree that the Bond character is chauvinistic in the sense that he perceives women as sexual conquests. The movie also has a scene where a domineering female villain is telling another female character to submit sexually to Bond (although it is a plot point). In that same scene, to me, there where was some slight lesbian innuendo in the villainess' mannerisms, but nothing overt. The movie is violent, but not gory, reminiscent of the old westerns. People are shot, stabbed, and strangled. Killing, espionage, treachery are recurring themes in the film, but you can see much worse on TV.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer January 25, 2015

From Russia with love

13 and up
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

From Russia with Love

A little boring, but when the action comes becomes more interesting
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2012

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

action-packed sequel is as good as the first
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 18, 2012

Awesome

A really great Bond film that is actually pretty tame
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 2, 2011

Definitely on of the best 007 films.

My rating: PG-13 for some intense action violence and brief innuendo.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypg13rnc17 March 17, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byLord Voldemort January 1, 2009

One of the Best Bonds

From Russia With Love was released in 1963, so it's very different from Casino Royale's car chase and staircase fight. It is, however, a great spy movie - it is much more realistic as far as what a real MI6 or CIA agent might do. I've got to say, the first time I watched this, the ending came a little too abruptly for me, but I was left satisfied with the outcome. The opening sequence doesn't include singing (the next Bond, Goldfinger, was the first to do that), but it does keep the viewer mildly entertained as the credits project onto the bellies and thighs of dancers. Complex characters, fun gadgets, and another attempt by SPECTRE to gain control!
Teen, 16 years old Written byStashTheGumbo November 16, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 16, 2015

Darker but improved sequel has more action

My rating:12+ violence,adult content,smoking
Kid, 8 years old June 13, 2015

Very violent 007 sequel has plenty of racy content.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of comic violence,racy content,some nudity,and some brief language.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2015

'Bond. James Bond.'

James Bond willingly falls into an assassination ploy involving an naive Russian beauty in order to retrieve a Soviet encryption device that was stolen by SPECTRE. PG : 115mins : Action, Adventure, Thriller : 11 October 1963 (UK)
Teen, 14 years old Written byThedude68683 December 29, 2014

my personal favorite bond movie

this 1963 classic deserves all the praise it gets. From Russia With Love is the best movie I've seen in the whole bond cannon besides casino Royale and a few others. When I first saw this movie I liked it then I got older and started to understand the plot a whole lot more with the double crosses and everything else. Fantastic movie highest of recommends
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2014

Good movie

Your average 60s action movie (pistols, some people are shot at and not many die)
Written byAnonymous September 20, 2014

Much improved sequel has cold moments+darker tone

My rating:PG-13 for intense violence and action,scary images,language,sexuality/nudity and smoking
Kid, 10 years old August 29, 2013

the best

the best movie in the world.
Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2013

My 1st 007 Movie

My mom wouldn't let me watch them mostly because of the sex and violence, but this is one of the more mild ones probably. There's only a few action sequences, and only partial nudity. I liked it, but it was a little boring. I'm sure the newer ones have more action. I couldn't decide whether to give it a 3 or a 4, so I give it a 3 1/2
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski October 31, 2012

Classic James Bond

This movie is what Bond films are all about. If you only see one, or are picking one for your first experience, this is a good choice. As usual there is violence and sex, I mean come on, what would James Bond be without those? But there isn't any nudity or blood and guts, so most teens should be ok to see this one.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2012

2 thumbs up!

my favorite 007 of all time
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

good film

No problems for mature children over 7, might frighten kids under 7, but a good film.