All member reviews for Frost/Nixon

Teen, 15 years old Written byapple boy 2 September 9, 2009

the only bad part is the footage they used to make nixon embarresed and a couple impolite words, so if your 10 year-old kid asks if he could see frost nixon, there's no need to hesitate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn July 23, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I Love This Movie. [:
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Good

Fantstic actors make film but its nothing special
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2009

Very intricate plot, enjoyable!

Many reviews of this movie have suggested that children can not see this movie but on the contrary an intelligent 9 year-old can sit down and enjoy the historical signifagance of this movie. It is informative and entertaining.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 13, 2010

Fascinating Historical Fiction

FROST/NIXON is a fascinating look back into the politics of the late 1970s, when Watergate was the word and issue on everyone's mouths and minds. This movie tells the story of David Frost, a partying TV host who decides to tackle an interview with the disgraced former President Nixon to win fame and fortune. However, everyone is skeptical about the idea, and Frost ends up putting everything he has into the project, while Nixon hopes for a return to the political life he loves. Michael Sheen does a very good job as Frost, and Frank Langella is nothing short of brilliant as Richard Nixon. The script cackles with tension and chemistry, and draws its historical strength from texts of the actual Frost/Nixon interviews. This movie won't interest many kids, but teens who are interested in this era of American history will enjoy it. The R rating on this movie is tricky, because, aside from a few crass words, the movie is PG material. "F**k" is said four times, once as "motherf**ker". "B**ch" is also said 4-5 times (frequently as "son of a -"), and some milder curse words also make brief appearances. Frost is shown in bed with a woman, who is presumably naked. She gets out of bed and you see her bare back, but the rest is in shadow. Brief footage from the Vietnam War shows bloody bodies. This is a very tame R rated movie. The language is not excessive, and the movie is educational and interesting. It is a great choice for teens interested in history.
Adult Written bymoviemadness January 3, 2009

Great Historical Drama

Frost/Nixon is an excellent historical movie. It could easily have become boring, but the director does a remarkable job of keeping this from happening. Althogether, it is nicely paced, very interesting, and full of history that many of us younger adults/kids have never before been aware of. Parents: it's completely appropriate for teens. A man and a woman are shown obviously nude in bed (sensitive bits are comvered), we see a nude man and a nude woman from the back, and there is some swearing. Many kids won't understand it, but for those who will, it's great.
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2009

Kids may find this very boring, best acting ever!

Pretty good movie. Nixon asks Frost if he did any fornicating. Several F bombs. Nixon is drunk at one point. Great acting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byMom_and_Son May 15, 2009

AWESOME

This movie is excellent :] for any political junkies like me. Only a few bad words.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

Frost/Nixon is a bit slow but great acting.

Frost/Nixon is a very good film and bio-pic form director Ron Howard I think people will like it more than i did but this best picture nominee is definetly worth seeing mainly because of it's key characters played by Frank Langella and Michael Sheen.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byDP April 24, 2009

Good movie! Loved the acting!

Saw it on DVD. My husband and I both enjoyed it very much. I didn't grow up in the US and the movie made me curious to do some more research on Nixon and the era...
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2009

Good Movie

Well It's about nixon and mostly the president doing something illegal and then trying to cover it up
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2009

frost vs nixxon

this film suprsed me because it was entertaining and smart the r is because of many f words. the film is brilliant recreation of history is entertainig yet thoughtful
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 July 27, 2009