All member reviews for Frozen

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 27, 2013

Review for the novelization

I really loved the idea and all, but it just felt like it was going too fast. SPOILER ALERT besides the novelization, though, both it and the movie seemed to have just made Hans evil just for the sake of a twist. I mean it's definitely different, but it could have been done better, in my opinion. END OF SPOILER but otherwise I liked it. I loved the theme of the two sisters learning about bonding and love, and Elsa's character is interesting with her sort-of-tragic story. Violence: Elsa and Anna's parents die in the beginning of the story. Elsa accidentally hurts Anna with her powers twice--once when they're kids and another time when they're adults. Also, Elsa creates dangerous obstacles with her powers, such as a giant ice man. An evil duke sends his men after Elsa to lock her up, and later kill her. Sex: A subplot of the story revolves around Anna finding her true love, but it's not the main focus of the story and is tame.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2013

Different for Disney

Oh what a fresh breath of air. This is a disney movie, but is more on the different side and yet darker. It's not your typical disney "princess" movie where the princess falls in love with prince charming and happily ever after. It has many twists and keeps your interest in watching because of the tension the film brings. It's also brings lots of laughs and original catchy songs. I think one of the best things about the movie is the characters. Elsa isn't exactly a bad guy she just has problems controlling her power and fear. Anna, is a loving sister who doesn't exactly know why her sister keeps hiding herself and she wants to help her. I found the film's animation wonderful too. The ice and snow both looked dazzling! But, I do think the film is somewhat uneven, it felt a little rushed and a unsatisfying at the ending. Overall, I found the film a pleasant time at the theaters and I think many will too!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 November 30, 2013

Frozen is Good Even Given it's Demographic

When it comes down to it Frozen has good voice acting, a good story, and nice animation. I wouldn't classify this movie as a musical even though it tries to be because there aren't that many musical numbers. Anyway this movie is funny and overall like I over said in the first sentence it is good as well.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 29, 2013

even guys/males will like this movie(i garantee it)

I'm a 17 year old guy and I thought Frozen was a pretty good movie,heck i might even buy it on DVD/Blu-ray combo pack
Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2013

one of my favorites

it may be disappointing when the parents die in a storm while in a ship and when Hans the good guy is a bad guy and when Anna freezes but not forever its a good movie though
Teen, 13 years old Written bynathar31 December 1, 2013

Shocked

I thought that it was just going to be a boring princess story with no humor at all, but it is one of the best movies all year.
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

Wonderful

This movie was so good! SPOILER!!! The violence is fine for me. It has a snow/ ice monster chasing them, some wolfs trying to eat them, men with guns, Elsa almost kills her sister twice and some men, there parents die, Hans tries to kill Elsa and Anna, and Anna freezes (not permanently). None of that bothered me or anyone. Kristoff and Anna kiss and the end and Elsa kind of wears a sexy dress but like the violence it didn't bother anyone. They call Kristoff some names like smelly but I wouldn't worry about that. Elsa also gets called names like murder and monster but I wouldn't worry about that either. Anna is a good role model because she is the only one who will save her sister and sacrifices her life for Elsa. Hans would of been a good role model if he wasn't evil. He saved Elsa life, you can trust him and he told Elsa to stop being mean. Also Olaf let Anna know that 'true love is putting someone's elses needs before you'. END OF SPOILER. This movie is great and I will recommend it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa December 7, 2013

TRUE true love

It's a really good movie that nearly tops Disney's last smash Tangled. It's a movie that doesn't revolve nearly around romance as much as around sisterhood. Parents should know that it is a great family movie and pretty much anyone can watch it. The only aversion they might have is Elsa's powers often turn out dangerous - she hurts Anna twice on accident and nearly kills two men in her anger. Anna and Elsa's parents die in the beginning (you see their ship going under the waves) and a very nice, charming man who seems to care very much for both girls suddenly turns tale and tries to kill them both. Characters consist of Elsa, who has an icy power she can't control and has to shoulder the responsibility of the kingdom after her parents have died, as well as trying to keep her power in, and is suffering under the weight of not being able to tell her sister why they keep the doors closed and why she can't be around her anymore. Her younger sister Anna, on the other hand, is suffering in a different way because her older sister who used to play with her suddenly has shut her out and 'grown up'. Anna is sprightly and vivacious, not hesitating to try to find Elsa and apologize when she realized that it wasn't Elsa's fault. Both girls are good role models for responsibility and a love that proves the central key to the unfreezing of winter, rather than romance. Younger sisters can sympathize with Anna's wondering what happened to their lifelong playmate when their older sister grows up, and older siblings can sympathize with Elsa's want to be with her little sister but inability to due to the harder tasks that come with getting older. Hans is a handsome, charming, kind and absolutely perfect (is a bit ditzy) prince who falls in love with Anna, takes care of the kingdom during her absence, stops Elsa from killing two men and saves Elsa's life. Hans would be a wonderful role model is it wasn't for the fact that he quite suddenly turns evil. If one complaint about hte movie could be made it would be that Disney seems to have turned him bad for the sake of a plot twist, and it wasn't really necessary, because the underlying themes were enough to fill the story line and the Duke of Weasletown could have sufficed as a villain. We all had grown to love Hans and it was disappointing when he turned evil. Kristoff, on the other hand, is grumbling and growly and definitely not a prince but certainly the only one who could be right for Anna. He is brave and completely self sacrificing for Anna's sake. Olaf is a cheerful snowman who provides a bit of comic relief as well as good advice: "True love is putting someone else's needs before your own." Disney played up to this truth magnificently when Kristoff doesn't spare his own feelings to immediately get Anna back to Hans and Anna sacrifices herself to save her sister's life. The film outdoes itself in wholesome characters and role models as well as fabulous songs and beautiful animation. Frozen is a Disney movie that undermines it's traditional "love at first sight" and plays up to the love of family rather than that of a prince and princess.
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

Holiday Movie For Everyone!

I went to see this movie thanksgiving weekend with my little bro and younger cousins. It was funny and cute for all ages.
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

LIKE A BROADWAY SHOW BUT A MOVIE!

I think this movie is for the whole family! It had so good songs that the whole family could enjoy and remember forever! Maybe for children at the age of 3 may be scared of some of the images shown! But it is a very good movie to watch in the winter
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2013

Fun For The Whole Family, Including teens

This is a great movie to enjoy with the whole family. There is some violence that you may want to warn your small kids about. This is a fun movie for all ages
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Frozen is the best animated movie that I have seen.

It is funny and adventure-filled. It has a positive message, (SPOILERS!!!) and unlike any other Disney princess movie, the act of true love isn't the true love's first kiss, but the love between Anna and Elsa, who are sisters. It gives the positive message that one shouldn't go on what they think is "true love", but they should get to know the person first. (Anna makes that mistake and finds out that Hans betrays her at the worst time.) Anna is a positive role model when she sacrifices herself for Elsa, as is Elsa when she unfreezes Anna because of her love for Anna. The only real romance would be Anna and Kristoff's kiss at the end, but the whole movie wasn't about that. There is some mild violence such as the snow monster and Elsa using her powers to accidentally hurt Anna, but it's okay for kids over 6. (END OF SPOILERS) The songs are really catchy, and Olaf makes this movie funny as well! The story is wonderful and creative, and I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone 7 and above.
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah December 1, 2013

Cute and beautiful, but sloppy.

God, this movie is gorgeous. And cute. And pretty funny. Its beginning is a bit sketchy since it seemed to aim towards younger audiences only, but it quickly picks up and appeals to all ages. I usually don't like musical numbers at all because they tend to be just three minutes of rehashed a four-second-long sentence for the sake of filling a runtime, and they did that here 50% of the time, but the other half of them worked rather well. The voice acting is all good and the animation is stunning, and the 3D gives off a very good and immersive depth of field throughout. The biggest thing that doesn't work is the writing. It's distractingly lazy. Honestly, this is SO much like Tangled that it's kind of ridiculous. Everything about it, and I mean EVERYTHING. From the opening titles to the end credits, it's the same exact stuff, even how the resolve the conflict and make peace with each other. It could have been so much better if they didn't just take the Tangled script and use the search and replace function from Microsoft Word. It could have been waaaay better, but oh well. 8/10, good, one thumb up, above average, etc.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2013

Some boys might not like it. To much singing in beginning.

Well the reason I give It one star is because there was to much singing and I am so mad at the movies released for little kids because on Friday there was only this or disney on ice and IM A BOY. I hate princesses because I think they are very girly but I liked brave because it was not like other disney princesses. I only like the action Parts. I didn't like the beginning because there was to much singing. When they were singing every word I was hoping my sister was going to fall asleep because we could leave but then it got a little more intense.
Kid, 9 years old November 30, 2013

Good movie

It was a good movie for kids Idk why it was rated pg it was awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written bySapphireWatermelon January 8, 2014

Not perfect, but pretty enjoyable! SPOILERS

Spoiler Alert! I'm just going to say, the thing about Hans was spoiled for me by tumblr... Anyway this is a movie that has a few flaws but it was pretty fun to watch. The animation is beautiful. Elsa was my favourite character! I like how in the end Hans wasn't exactly what Anna had been dreaming of. Anna is weird, clumsy, silly, awkward, but she cares about her sister so much and their relationship is probably the best thing about the movie. The songs are really pretty, and Fixer Upper and In Summer are really funny/catchy. Love is an Open Door actually has a hint as to Hans's real intentions, which I thought was cool. As for the flaws, sometimes the film felt a little rushed and I didn't really like the way in which Anna fell in love the first or second time. The first time it wasn't true love obviously. Just an infatuation based on Hans's good looks, charm, and him saying he'd never shut her out and was ignored by his siblings as well. Accepting a proposal from someone you met that day is kind of dumb but meh. The second time, Anna and Kristoff just felt a little forced at times. But they were cute at the very end when she gives him a new sleigh and their relationship is still budding since Kristoff ASKS if he can kiss her. I generally enjoyed Frozen and its message of sisterhood. :) In short, this is a visually stunning movie. The animation and voice acting are excellent. I wouldn't say the same about the writing but there's stuff to enjoy about this movie and I'd watch it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysnowinthesummer January 8, 2014

Great job Disney!!

I really love this movie. I watched it with my little brother and really enjoyed it with him. There are a few kisses but there's nothing iffy to worry about. I think this movie has great role models such as Anna- she never gave up on her sister even though it seemed that Elsa didn't want to be with her and later saved Elsa's life. Kristoff is also a good role model because he always wants what is best for Anna an tried to save her life quite a few times. There is a little violence which includes men with swords and arrows trying to kill Elsa and a snow monster which throws Kristoff and Anna. I really think this movie shows how important it is to take care of the ones you love, especially siblings. To tell the truth, I almost cried. It's a great movie for kids 7 and up in my opinion because little kids might get scared that Anna almost dies twice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byakpsoccergirl December 26, 2013

"Frozen" onto the top ten movies for me

This was a fabulous and touching story of two sisters. Though I believe younger children (<8) could watch this, I do think that they would not understand it very well. There is some "olderish" (older kids would understand it) humor that the little ones wouldn't get. There are also times that are either of importance, touching scenes, humor, and some other things, that young kids would not quite understand.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2013

Good

I think it's awesome.One of Disney's best musical animated films ever. Romantic,perilous and humour is all you will expect. We learn that true love is okay and sisterly love can go forever. Two kisses,flirting, mild peril(i said that already) and catchy songs. Little name calling. TOO OVERRATED THOUGH.
Kid, 9 years old December 2, 2013

GREAT MOVIE!!!

I love this movie sooooooooooo much! But younger kids might be scared by the snow monster and wolves, and there is a scene where Anna freezes, but not permanently.I liked how most of the love in this film is the love between sisters, instead of the opposite gender.Frozen is a very funny movie that my mom also enjoyed.I love music, and there's lots of it in frozen that I think kids, teens, and adults will like.