All member reviews for Frozen

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 27, 2013

Review for the novelization

I really loved the idea and all, but it just felt like it was going too fast. SPOILER ALERT besides the novelization, though, both it and the movie seemed to have just made Hans evil just for the sake of a twist. I mean it's definitely different, but it could have been done better, in my opinion. END OF SPOILER but otherwise I liked it. I loved the theme of the two sisters learning about bonding and love, and Elsa's character is interesting with her sort-of-tragic story. Violence: Elsa and Anna's parents die in the beginning of the story. Elsa accidentally hurts Anna with her powers twice--once when they're kids and another time when they're adults. Also, Elsa creates dangerous obstacles with her powers, such as a giant ice man. An evil duke sends his men after Elsa to lock her up, and later kill her. Sex: A subplot of the story revolves around Anna finding her true love, but it's not the main focus of the story and is tame.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini November 8, 2014

Overrated

Frozen is Disney's crappy overrated disappointment and remake of The Lion King. Frozen really disappointed me, here's why: To be honest the movie was a little boring, the plot was horrible, and the music was annoying, Anna wanted to marry a man she just met (bad role models) None of the characters are very likeable either, I actually thought Elsa was the "bad guy" Probably a good movie for a 4-year old though. Also the jokes are cheesy and not even funny.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Frozen is the best animated movie that I have seen.

It is funny and adventure-filled. It has a positive message, (SPOILERS!!!) and unlike any other Disney princess movie, the act of true love isn't the true love's first kiss, but the love between Anna and Elsa, who are sisters. It gives the positive message that one shouldn't go on what they think is "true love", but they should get to know the person first. (Anna makes that mistake and finds out that Hans betrays her at the worst time.) Anna is a positive role model when she sacrifices herself for Elsa, as is Elsa when she unfreezes Anna because of her love for Anna. The only real romance would be Anna and Kristoff's kiss at the end, but the whole movie wasn't about that. There is some mild violence such as the snow monster and Elsa using her powers to accidentally hurt Anna, but it's okay for kids over 6. (END OF SPOILERS) The songs are really catchy, and Olaf makes this movie funny as well! The story is wonderful and creative, and I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone 7 and above.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa December 7, 2013

TRUE true love

It's a really good movie that nearly tops Disney's last smash Tangled. It's a movie that doesn't revolve nearly around romance as much as around sisterhood. Parents should know that it is a great family movie and pretty much anyone can watch it. The only aversion they might have is Elsa's powers often turn out dangerous - she hurts Anna twice on accident and nearly kills two men in her anger. Anna and Elsa's parents die in the beginning (you see their ship going under the waves) and a very nice, charming man who seems to care very much for both girls suddenly turns tale and tries to kill them both. Characters consist of Elsa, who has an icy power she can't control and has to shoulder the responsibility of the kingdom after her parents have died, as well as trying to keep her power in, and is suffering under the weight of not being able to tell her sister why they keep the doors closed and why she can't be around her anymore. Her younger sister Anna, on the other hand, is suffering in a different way because her older sister who used to play with her suddenly has shut her out and 'grown up'. Anna is sprightly and vivacious, not hesitating to try to find Elsa and apologize when she realized that it wasn't Elsa's fault. Both girls are good role models for responsibility and a love that proves the central key to the unfreezing of winter, rather than romance. Younger sisters can sympathize with Anna's wondering what happened to their lifelong playmate when their older sister grows up, and older siblings can sympathize with Elsa's want to be with her little sister but inability to due to the harder tasks that come with getting older. Hans is a handsome, charming, kind and absolutely perfect (is a bit ditzy) prince who falls in love with Anna, takes care of the kingdom during her absence, stops Elsa from killing two men and saves Elsa's life. Hans would be a wonderful role model is it wasn't for the fact that he quite suddenly turns evil. If one complaint about hte movie could be made it would be that Disney seems to have turned him bad for the sake of a plot twist, and it wasn't really necessary, because the underlying themes were enough to fill the story line and the Duke of Weasletown could have sufficed as a villain. We all had grown to love Hans and it was disappointing when he turned evil. Kristoff, on the other hand, is grumbling and growly and definitely not a prince but certainly the only one who could be right for Anna. He is brave and completely self sacrificing for Anna's sake. Olaf is a cheerful snowman who provides a bit of comic relief as well as good advice: "True love is putting someone else's needs before your own." Disney played up to this truth magnificently when Kristoff doesn't spare his own feelings to immediately get Anna back to Hans and Anna sacrifices herself to save her sister's life. The film outdoes itself in wholesome characters and role models as well as fabulous songs and beautiful animation. Frozen is a Disney movie that undermines it's traditional "love at first sight" and plays up to the love of family rather than that of a prince and princess.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 29, 2013

even guys/males will like this movie(i garantee it)

I'm a 17 year old guy and I thought Frozen was a pretty good movie,heck i might even buy it on DVD/Blu-ray combo pack
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2013

Some boys might not like it. To much singing in beginning.

Well the reason I give It one star is because there was to much singing and I am so mad at the movies released for little kids because on Friday there was only this or disney on ice and IM A BOY. I hate princesses because I think they are very girly but I liked brave because it was not like other disney princesses. I only like the action Parts. I didn't like the beginning because there was to much singing. When they were singing every word I was hoping my sister was going to fall asleep because we could leave but then it got a little more intense.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynathar31 December 1, 2013

Shocked

I thought that it was just going to be a boring princess story with no humor at all, but it is one of the best movies all year.
Kid, 9 years old January 3, 2014

Very Dissapppionting

I was very disappointed with the movie Frozen. It was a sweet tale but could never be called a great movie for these reasons. Where was the " Whistle While You Work"? While the singers repeatedly say words like oh my god and totally, among with horrible lyrics, this movie is sadly not at all what I expected. Was it really as good as everyone said? No, it wasn't .
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

Wonderful

This movie was so good! SPOILER!!! The violence is fine for me. It has a snow/ ice monster chasing them, some wolfs trying to eat them, men with guns, Elsa almost kills her sister twice and some men, there parents die, Hans tries to kill Elsa and Anna, and Anna freezes (not permanently). None of that bothered me or anyone. Kristoff and Anna kiss and the end and Elsa kind of wears a sexy dress but like the violence it didn't bother anyone. They call Kristoff some names like smelly but I wouldn't worry about that. Elsa also gets called names like murder and monster but I wouldn't worry about that either. Anna is a good role model because she is the only one who will save her sister and sacrifices her life for Elsa. Hans would of been a good role model if he wasn't evil. He saved Elsa life, you can trust him and he told Elsa to stop being mean. Also Olaf let Anna know that 'true love is putting someone's elses needs before you'. END OF SPOILER. This movie is great and I will recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2014

I hated this movie

First off, this movie would actually be fine for kids 4 and up. I just know that no one I know liked it. (Note: I am a boy. None of my friends liked it.) There was too much singing, not enough action, too many female protagonists, and too many cliches ("You won't get away with this." "Oh. I already have."). Now, if every musical number was, like, a car chase or a fight or a war, then I would have loved this movie. Or if Elsa had actually killed Anna, and Hans cut both of them in half. I agree with another review that it seems like they just made Hans evil for a twist. Even Olaf couldn't save it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 November 30, 2013

Frozen is Good Even Given it's Demographic

When it comes down to it Frozen has good voice acting, a good story, and nice animation. I wouldn't classify this movie as a musical even though it tries to be because there aren't that many musical numbers. Anyway this movie is funny and overall like I over said in the first sentence it is good as well.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhugaduckandloveit December 27, 2014

TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most inappropriate movie EVER! Beware parents, this movie is NOT for kids. Epic fail Disney!Don't waste your money, nor your time for this movie, because believe me, it's not worth it.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2013

Fun For The Whole Family, Including teens

This is a great movie to enjoy with the whole family. There is some violence that you may want to warn your small kids about. This is a fun movie for all ages
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2013

Different for Disney

Oh what a fresh breath of air. This is a disney movie, but is more on the different side and yet darker. It's not your typical disney "princess" movie where the princess falls in love with prince charming and happily ever after. It has many twists and keeps your interest in watching because of the tension the film brings. It's also brings lots of laughs and original catchy songs. I think one of the best things about the movie is the characters. Elsa isn't exactly a bad guy she just has problems controlling her power and fear. Anna, is a loving sister who doesn't exactly know why her sister keeps hiding herself and she wants to help her. I found the film's animation wonderful too. The ice and snow both looked dazzling! But, I do think the film is somewhat uneven, it felt a little rushed and a unsatisfying at the ending. Overall, I found the film a pleasant time at the theaters and I think many will too!
Teen, 16 years old Written bygmwbmw35 February 14, 2015

Sweet film!

I love the Frozen musical movie! Elsa and Anna were super nice and cute. Olaf was hilarious, I especially liked his "In Summer" song! I even have a few tee shirts of Frozen, and they look cute with everything I own! Great movie, although I didn't expect hunky Hans to be such a, well, villain...
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2015

Frozen is not a movie worth going crazy about.

This movie is the worst made by Disney so far. Why? Well, because the characters are very poorly developed. Hans, the "villain", wasn't even a villain really - more like a useless addition to the movie just for a twist that turned out to not even make sense. It was inappropriate for Anna to fall in love within 10 minutes of the movie and very stubborn (not to mention strange) for her not to take the advice of her older sister (by 3 years). Anna wasn't a good character either, and Elsa isn't the first princess to not need a prince, but she is a queen. There have been several princesses before her that didn't need a prince to become Queen (Princess Tiana, Merida, Mulan, etc.) Many of the songs don't go with the movie plot either. "Love Is An Open Door" was one of the most senseless songs in the entire movie, along with the most-loved one, "Let It Go" which also made no sense whatsoever. There were also way too many clichés and the ending was very predictable and also cliché. Anna should've simply died, but, unfortunately, that's not how Disney works. Children need to stop being shown movies where the character is "magically" revived because it's not even true. Olaf was the only character in the movie that was well developed. Also, the parents were very dumb in their decision to lock their child up in a cold room for 10 YEARS with no trace of giving her food, water, or any of the necessities of life. What parents would do that?? Abusive ones obviously. They practically didn't love Elsa as much as they loved Anna and they basically tried to kill her with isolation and starvation. Also, what was Kristoff and Sven's backstory besides the trolls which also made no sense? Why did Anna's hair turn totally brown when she had a white streak in her hair at childhood? Why couldn't most of her hair stay brown but she would still have that white strand of hair? What happened to Elsa's ice castle? There are so many plot holes in this movie - more plot holes than any other Disney movie I've ever watched in my life, more plot holes than swiss cheese shot 4123271890e+5438901653405789132213 times. Kids, PLEASE don't watch this movie, and parents, PLEASE don't recommend it to ANYONE. It's not worth going crazy about at all after two whole years of its creation.
Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2014

awful

I mean, it's not inappropriate but it's not... good. It's extremely overrated. No one in the songs know how to sing and they're all cheesy with awful lyrics which just aren't even good at all. Yes, even Let It Go is a stinker in terms of plot and I think was just made for commercials and such. However, at least Idina Menzel or however you spell it is amazing. The plot was bad and was extremely predictable as I knew the ending in about 10 minutes. The characters are all pathetically one dimensional and dim witted, with Anna 'falling in love' in 2 seconds and Elsa going from fearing herself to not caring about screwing everyone over. Don't even get me started on the abusive parents and the out of COMPLETE NOWHERE rock trolls. The ending was stupid and predictable, with Elsa pulling a Harry Potter 3 'I remembered I did it before!' thing but dumber as there is NO reason for how she could magically melt everything all of a sudden. On a side note, how did Elsa get her powers? Why did Anna's hair turn back to brown after earlier she had that white strip in her hair? This plot has more holes than swiss cheese that got shot 3812947982174893718473918749317 times. The only thing that's good in this over hyped commercialized mess is the animation which is breathtaking. And by the way Elsa is NOT the first princess to not need a man as she is A QUEEN. This was THE WORST Disney movie I have EVER seen and my mother agrees as well.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJeniujumpo April 5, 2014

Disappointing and kind of silly

None of this film is very scary, but I think that the humor is/can be rude at times and I wouldn't want my kids watching this movie without a parent or guardian.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySapphireWatermelon January 8, 2014

Not perfect, but pretty enjoyable! SPOILERS

Spoiler Alert! I'm just going to say, the thing about Hans was spoiled for me by tumblr... Anyway this is a movie that has a few flaws but it was pretty fun to watch. The animation is beautiful. Elsa was my favourite character! I like how in the end Hans wasn't exactly what Anna had been dreaming of. Anna is weird, clumsy, silly, awkward, but she cares about her sister so much and their relationship is probably the best thing about the movie. The songs are really pretty, and Fixer Upper and In Summer are really funny/catchy. Love is an Open Door actually has a hint as to Hans's real intentions, which I thought was cool. As for the flaws, sometimes the film felt a little rushed and I didn't really like the way in which Anna fell in love the first or second time. The first time it wasn't true love obviously. Just an infatuation based on Hans's good looks, charm, and him saying he'd never shut her out and was ignored by his siblings as well. Accepting a proposal from someone you met that day is kind of dumb but meh. The second time, Anna and Kristoff just felt a little forced at times. But they were cute at the very end when she gives him a new sleigh and their relationship is still budding since Kristoff ASKS if he can kiss her. I generally enjoyed Frozen and its message of sisterhood. :) In short, this is a visually stunning movie. The animation and voice acting are excellent. I wouldn't say the same about the writing but there's stuff to enjoy about this movie and I'd watch it again.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2013

Frozen is so cool literally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family freindly awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!