All member reviews for Frozen

Wintry Disney musical is fabulous celebration of sisterhood.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byMerc December 14, 2013

Wonderful movie

Disney knocked it out of the park with this one. The music is beautiful and the characters are all memorable and fun. The movie is gorgeous visually and should win an award. Great movie for kids of all ages.
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

Wonderful

This movie was so good! SPOILER!!! The violence is fine for me. It has a snow/ ice monster chasing them, some wolfs trying to eat them, men with guns, Elsa almost kills her sister twice and some men, there parents die, Hans tries to kill Elsa and Anna, and Anna freezes (not permanently). None of that bothered me or anyone. Kristoff and Anna kiss and the end and Elsa kind of wears a sexy dress but like the violence it didn't bother anyone. They call Kristoff some names like smelly but I wouldn't worry about that. Elsa also gets called names like murder and monster but I wouldn't worry about that either. Anna is a good role model because she is the only one who will save her sister and sacrifices her life for Elsa. Hans would of been a good role model if he wasn't evil. He saved Elsa life, you can trust him and he told Elsa to stop being mean. Also Olaf let Anna know that 'true love is putting someone's elses needs before you'. END OF SPOILER. This movie is great and I will recommend it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa December 7, 2013

TRUE true love

It's a really good movie that nearly tops Disney's last smash Tangled. It's a movie that doesn't revolve nearly around romance as much as around sisterhood. Parents should know that it is a great family movie and pretty much anyone can watch it. The only aversion they might have is Elsa's powers often turn out dangerous - she hurts Anna twice on accident and nearly kills two men in her anger. Anna and Elsa's parents die in the beginning (you see their ship going under the waves) and a very nice, charming man who seems to care very much for both girls suddenly turns tale and tries to kill them both. Characters consist of Elsa, who has an icy power she can't control and has to shoulder the responsibility of the kingdom after her parents have died, as well as trying to keep her power in, and is suffering under the weight of not being able to tell her sister why they keep the doors closed and why she can't be around her anymore. Her younger sister Anna, on the other hand, is suffering in a different way because her older sister who used to play with her suddenly has shut her out and 'grown up'. Anna is sprightly and vivacious, not hesitating to try to find Elsa and apologize when she realized that it wasn't Elsa's fault. Both girls are good role models for responsibility and a love that proves the central key to the unfreezing of winter, rather than romance. Younger sisters can sympathize with Anna's wondering what happened to their lifelong playmate when their older sister grows up, and older siblings can sympathize with Elsa's want to be with her little sister but inability to due to the harder tasks that come with getting older. Hans is a handsome, charming, kind and absolutely perfect (is a bit ditzy) prince who falls in love with Anna, takes care of the kingdom during her absence, stops Elsa from killing two men and saves Elsa's life. Hans would be a wonderful role model is it wasn't for the fact that he quite suddenly turns evil. If one complaint about hte movie could be made it would be that Disney seems to have turned him bad for the sake of a plot twist, and it wasn't really necessary, because the underlying themes were enough to fill the story line and the Duke of Weasletown could have sufficed as a villain. We all had grown to love Hans and it was disappointing when he turned evil. Kristoff, on the other hand, is grumbling and growly and definitely not a prince but certainly the only one who could be right for Anna. He is brave and completely self sacrificing for Anna's sake. Olaf is a cheerful snowman who provides a bit of comic relief as well as good advice: "True love is putting someone else's needs before your own." Disney played up to this truth magnificently when Kristoff doesn't spare his own feelings to immediately get Anna back to Hans and Anna sacrifices herself to save her sister's life. The film outdoes itself in wholesome characters and role models as well as fabulous songs and beautiful animation. Frozen is a Disney movie that undermines it's traditional "love at first sight" and plays up to the love of family rather than that of a prince and princess.
Parent Written byBridgit Anderson December 2, 2013

it was pretty good

it was pretty good...... there were kisses in between ( at the end ), but it ended up being a pretty good movie. just make sure your there to watch with the kids because there are some scary scenes for little kids.
Adult Written bymimijunebug December 17, 2013

Best Movie Ever!

Amazing! My favorite movie ever!
Parent Written byDJM45 December 12, 2013

Positive female role models

I took my 5 and 9 year old to this movie and settled in for another snooze fest. Boy was I surprised as we my 9 year old. We thoroughly enjoyed this film. The movie focus' on 2 sisters and their relationship. There were 2 scenes that I needed to help my 5 year old through and 1 friends highlighted to me later. Its a disney movie so some tragedy has to happen near the start, there is a scarey ice monster that my 5 year old didnt blink at and further on one of the main characters appears to die. This really disturbed my 5 year old after a whisper in her ear she was fine. I loved this movie for its great twist on "true love" and the relationship of the 2 sisters. We will be seeing it again.
Parent Written bymomwhosupercares December 2, 2013

NOT if you care about strong, healthy, emotionally stable role models for girls...

I was horrified to have taken my 9 year old daughter to this movie. It would be SO easy to come up with a story line that included girls who don't stupidly fall in love and agree to marry a handsome boy the NIGHT they met! Too much sexy flirting in this movie for a young girl. But mostly, I very much dislike that Disney makes these HEROINES so skinny that in real life, they would be on death's door. What is that? Why not make them with figures that reflect someone who is physically strong and healthy and eats a balanced diet? I regret seeing this movie and was very disappointed I didn't do my homework before taking my healthy, strong, independent daughter to see it...
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byH2Clark December 1, 2013

Not your typical princess movie!

I saw this with my 11 & 9 yo SONS. They LOVED it! The jokes were spot on (they are starting to see the double humor), the action had them on the edge of their seat, and the story kept you hanging on until the end. You can't tell how this one will end right away. It's a great movie.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byHoliztic December 13, 2013

Good, but Disney-intense!

Frozen is a really visually beautiful movie with some good messages about sisterly love and connection, I really enjoyed it. However, it has all the high intensity of the Disney movies and I personally do not think it is appropriate for most kids under 6 and only some at 6. My son is nearly 7 and slightly sensitive to media drama, but he handled it pretty well. Not scared, but overwhelmed by the first 20 minutes, which were hard-hitting intensity, darkness, and sadness. I wish these movies weren't quite so serious!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycaribbeandream December 16, 2013

Great lesson about the many facets of love!

I took my 9yo son to see this movie and we both loved it! Like another reviewer mentioned, the previews don't to justice to this great movie. There is music, there is humor, there is bravery . . . And did I mention the music?! Don't be surprised if you see Anna and Elsa's story re-written for the Broadway stage. The music is THAT amazing. But what I loved the most is that this is not the "and they were happily ever after" story that we come to expect from Disney. You will be pleasantly surprised by the ending.
Parent Written byNorthWoodsMom December 12, 2013

Great story, great characters, great message - what's not to love?

My whole family loves this movie (husband and daughters ages 13 and 7). It's almost as good as Tangled and much better than Brave (Brave was way too predictable and relied too much on negative stereotypes for its humor - e.g. men are stupid buffoons who are way too violent, enjoy killing things, and need women to keep them in line, speak for them, and solve their problems). I really like that Disney is creating such strong, independent princesses as role models for little girls. In fact, this movie even speaks AGAINST thinking you are in love with/getting engaged to someone you just met and therefore cannot possible know well enough! (Unlike Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, etc) The movie does speak of true love, but it is love between sisters that saves the day here, rather than romantic love. Olaf the Snowman was by far everyone's favorite character among my family. Way to go, Disney!
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

Holiday Movie For Everyone!

I went to see this movie thanksgiving weekend with my little bro and younger cousins. It was funny and cute for all ages.
Educator and Parent Written byJavabeanMochabean January 6, 2014

Skip the "short" before the beginning of Frozen.

The short animated film (Mickey Mouse) at the beginning was "modernized" to be more graphic. My 4 year old son was so upset by the short that he did not want to stay for the main feature! He said it was too scary and mean. He especially did not like the character popping out of the screen. He also said that he thought Mickey Mouse was supposed to be "nice"? Not for preschoolers! What was Disney thinking? They trashed a classic with the "modernization".
Parent of a 3, 10, and 10 year old Written bychaney79 December 11, 2013

"Pretty" magic is still magic

I feel the need to add my 2 cents about the magic. We are a family that tries to avoid magic/sorcery in our entertainment and this movie was FULL of it. It was "pretty" magic not like some of your darker evil witches. Still if you are a family that avoids magic, avoid this movie. It will suck you in. I also really disliked the first 10 minutes, it was very fast and very sad. The music was beautiful.
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

LIKE A BROADWAY SHOW BUT A MOVIE!

I think this movie is for the whole family! It had so good songs that the whole family could enjoy and remember forever! Maybe for children at the age of 3 may be scared of some of the images shown! But it is a very good movie to watch in the winter
Parent Written byPrimrose Mary Wright December 4, 2013

Review of FROZEN by Disney

The movie was enjoyable; the contents are suitable for young ages. My son, aged 6, just watched the movie with my family and I. He said and I quote," I liked the songs the most." I liked the storyline of the movie as well, it was similar to that of a fairy tale, something children will definitely like.
Parent of a 5, 7, and 9 year old Written byDad__ January 7, 2014

Did I see the same movie as you guys?

Wow, the whole family (Mom, Dad, 5yo, 9yo, 12yo) disliked this one. What is up with the princess going up to the castle and suddenly dressed in a wholly inappropriate way? I would love an animated movie that did not involve becoming orphans. As the parent of an adopted child, it would be nice to have a movie with loving parents for once. I thought the whole concept that the younger sister FINALLY gets a day out and promptly spends it falling in love a lost opportunity. Could she just enjoy the town without having to find a Prince? As an adult I found this painful to sit through.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2013

Fun For The Whole Family, Including teens

This is a great movie to enjoy with the whole family. There is some violence that you may want to warn your small kids about. This is a fun movie for all ages
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Frozen is the best animated movie that I have seen.

It is funny and adventure-filled. It has a positive message, (SPOILERS!!!) and unlike any other Disney princess movie, the act of true love isn't the true love's first kiss, but the love between Anna and Elsa, who are sisters. It gives the positive message that one shouldn't go on what they think is "true love", but they should get to know the person first. (Anna makes that mistake and finds out that Hans betrays her at the worst time.) Anna is a positive role model when she sacrifices herself for Elsa, as is Elsa when she unfreezes Anna because of her love for Anna. The only real romance would be Anna and Kristoff's kiss at the end, but the whole movie wasn't about that. There is some mild violence such as the snow monster and Elsa using her powers to accidentally hurt Anna, but it's okay for kids over 6. (END OF SPOILERS) The songs are really catchy, and Olaf makes this movie funny as well! The story is wonderful and creative, and I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone 7 and above.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bymomof2bears December 8, 2013

Good Movie, specially for girls

A fun movie. Both my children enjoyed it, though the older one (9) wishes there had been more fighting and violence in it. I had to explain the treachery to my 5 year old. We've had some interesting family discussions about it. Very positive role models, SPOILER ALERT..... with the A fun movie. Both my children enjoyed it, though the older one (9) wishes there had been more fighting and violence in it. I had to explain the treachery to my 5 year old. We've had some interesting family discussions about it. Very positive role models, SPOILER ALERT..... with the princess saving herself rather than depending on a cliched kiss or the handsome prince.