All member reviews for Frozen

Wintry Disney musical is fabulous celebration of sisterhood.

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 29, 2013

even guys/males will like this movie(i garantee it)

I'm a 17 year old guy and I thought Frozen was a pretty good movie,heck i might even buy it on DVD/Blu-ray combo pack
Teen, 13 years old Written bynathar31 December 1, 2013

Shocked

I thought that it was just going to be a boring princess story with no humor at all, but it is one of the best movies all year.
Adult Written bymimijunebug December 17, 2013

Best Movie Ever!

Amazing! My favorite movie ever!
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

Wonderful

This movie was so good! SPOILER!!! The violence is fine for me. It has a snow/ ice monster chasing them, some wolfs trying to eat them, men with guns, Elsa almost kills her sister twice and some men, there parents die, Hans tries to kill Elsa and Anna, and Anna freezes (not permanently). None of that bothered me or anyone. Kristoff and Anna kiss and the end and Elsa kind of wears a sexy dress but like the violence it didn't bother anyone. They call Kristoff some names like smelly but I wouldn't worry about that. Elsa also gets called names like murder and monster but I wouldn't worry about that either. Anna is a good role model because she is the only one who will save her sister and sacrifices her life for Elsa. Hans would of been a good role model if he wasn't evil. He saved Elsa life, you can trust him and he told Elsa to stop being mean. Also Olaf let Anna know that 'true love is putting someone's elses needs before you'. END OF SPOILER. This movie is great and I will recommend it.
Parent Written bylauralibby88 December 2, 2013

Frozen is a Must for the whole Family!

This is one of the best Disney Films to come along in awhile. Like Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid in music but an updated theme. There's less violence and scare factor in this one, though still a few scenes. And sure there's a love angel, but the story is about the importance of family (specifically sisters) and not so much about the need to find true love. The actual villains are less seen in this film. It's about finding yourself, being true to yourself, about discovering the good and the bad in life and overcoming obstacles. It was fun to watch for the whole family. My 5 year old son was enchanted and wants to see it again (it's already on his Santa List!), while my Parents were pleasantly surprised with how much they enjoyed it. We didn't see the 3D, and honestly, save your money. The film is gorgeous and you don't need to see it any closer. Take your whole family out and enjoy this new Disney Classic.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byAmoretti December 2, 2013

Lovely family entertainment.

We went to see it this weekend with my 8 year old son. He was on the edge of his seat! There is some violence in the form of a scary snow monster but nothing the kids haven't seen before (unless they are very sheltered). Perhaps very little ones would be scared but I don't think over fives would. The music is really beautiful and enhances the story, which was a nice surprise as I'm not a fan of musicals usually. As others have already said, the story is full of positive values like the relationship between the two sisters and how Anna saves herself and her sister and doesn't wait for a man to do it. It also has a warning not to get engaged to someone you just met. Overall a lovely family viewing experience. Oh, and my son remembered the lyrics and music to one of the songs the next day! That never happens. It isn't just a "girl" movie; boys also enjoy it, even those who are usually into video games and typical boy stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 November 30, 2013

Frozen is Good Even Given it's Demographic

When it comes down to it Frozen has good voice acting, a good story, and nice animation. I wouldn't classify this movie as a musical even though it tries to be because there aren't that many musical numbers. Anyway this movie is funny and overall like I over said in the first sentence it is good as well.
Parent of a 2, 5, 7, and 7 year old Written byFowlerFan January 10, 2014

Not what I expected

I had seen the trailer for this movie several times in 2013 while at the theatre for other releases. The actual movie was a surprise for me, I did not expect it to be what it turned out. I found the trailer showed it to be more of a comedy with the snowman playing a large role. In fact, it wasn't as much a comedy as I thought it would be. I also had no clue that it was a musical (maybe I missed that in the trailer). There was definitely more of a dark edge to this. ** SPOILER ALERT ** ... at one point we see one character leave another one to die. That's somewhat intense. It's a good movie, enjoyable. I had a 5 year old who was 'okay' with it, but if I'd seen the movie ahead of time, I might've waited until he was a year older, or at least prepped him ahead of time for some of the scarier content. FWIW, he said he enjoyed the movie, and didn't seem scarred for life :) My 7 year olds had no issues, and enjoyed it.
Parent Written byDr Widgit December 30, 2013

Great movie, just be careful if your kid is sensitive...

Spoilers... this is an excellent movie for both kids and adults. As others have noted, the messages are great and it brings some new content to the Disney themes. The twists on the stereotypical princess stories pokes some fun at older Disney works as well. Also as others have noted, this movie is intense. I think most of my 5 year olds' fears were rooted more in what might happen than what actually happened, but once things get rolling, a lot happens. While the death of the parents near the beginning of the film is relatively subtle, without knowing they died, it makes the story confusing. Still, my son who is normally quite sensitive to issues surrounding the death of a parent didn't seem too bothered by this. While the wolves and ice monster didn't really scare my son, there are two lingering questions that still bother him. He was scared of the ice magic that Elsa couldn't control and asked why she kept hurting people if she was supposed to be a good person. My answer to this was that she spent her whole life trying to hid her powers so she never had the chance to learn how to control them. It was only after she no longer she lived in fear of discovery that she started to learn how to control her powers. At first, the ice castle, and finally when she understands her sisters love for her, she can fully control her abilities. While nodding at understanding, I think the idea of having any ability beyond your control which can hurt someone is fundamentally what is bothering him. The second question that keeps coming up is why the bad princes' sword shattered when it hit Anna after she turned to ice... As he pointed out, they were cutting much thicker ice at the beginning of the film just fine, and the sword wasn't cold enough to just shatter... I couldn't come up with an answer to this one. While I doubt this will give him nightmares, I also doubt I have heard the last of this question...
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2013

Fun For The Whole Family, Including teens

This is a great movie to enjoy with the whole family. There is some violence that you may want to warn your small kids about. This is a fun movie for all ages
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMerc December 14, 2013

Wonderful movie

Disney knocked it out of the park with this one. The music is beautiful and the characters are all memorable and fun. The movie is gorgeous visually and should win an award. Great movie for kids of all ages.
Parent Written byDJM45 December 12, 2013

Positive female role models

I took my 5 and 9 year old to this movie and settled in for another snooze fest. Boy was I surprised as we my 9 year old. We thoroughly enjoyed this film. The movie focus' on 2 sisters and their relationship. There were 2 scenes that I needed to help my 5 year old through and 1 friends highlighted to me later. Its a disney movie so some tragedy has to happen near the start, there is a scarey ice monster that my 5 year old didnt blink at and further on one of the main characters appears to die. This really disturbed my 5 year old after a whisper in her ear she was fine. I loved this movie for its great twist on "true love" and the relationship of the 2 sisters. We will be seeing it again.
Parent Written bytwinangel December 7, 2013

A definite crowd pleaser!

This was a wonderful film to watch with my daughter and her friend. The heartwarming ending left me smiling days later. The action isn't too intense for little ones and just enough to keep older ones watching. The musical score was great. Even the older brothers dragged along were laughing at Sven and Olaf's antics. I plan to buy the CD as well as the DVD. Naturally, Disney has marketed a ton of clothes, toys and books that will have children begging for stuff they likely don't need.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byheather13 December 3, 2013

Must-see for kids with siblings

Overall my family and I loved this movie. The message is fantastic - that even through rose-colored glasses of romance, family is the real true love. As my 8-year-old noted "this is the first princess movie where no one gets married at the end!" It started some very good discussions with my two young daughters about their love for each other despite how they sometimes unintentionally (or intentionally) hurt each other. Scariness factor is low - the scenes I thought would be frightening (wolves attacking, huge snowman) were treated with a bit of humor and were really so brief (20 seconds maximum) that they barely blipped the radar. My girls are terrified of Beauty and the Beast and of Sleeping Beauty, and these scenes were nothing to them. I was NOT a fan of the language however, but I'm very particular about this: nose picking and peeing, butt (used many times), there are others but these are the ones that stick out. Even behind me, I heard a mother say to her son who repeated the line, "we don't use that word in our house." But the message outweighs this big flaw. My daughters are 8 and 5, though I wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger because... BIG SPOILER - I had to explain to my five-year-old later why the princess turned into ice, and it was still a bit confusing. Even my 8yo didn't quite catch the nuances of the sister being hurt at the beginning and the impact on the story.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byH2Clark December 1, 2013

Not your typical princess movie!

I saw this with my 11 & 9 yo SONS. They LOVED it! The jokes were spot on (they are starting to see the double humor), the action had them on the edge of their seat, and the story kept you hanging on until the end. You can't tell how this one will end right away. It's a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2013

Different for Disney

Oh what a fresh breath of air. This is a disney movie, but is more on the different side and yet darker. It's not your typical disney "princess" movie where the princess falls in love with prince charming and happily ever after. It has many twists and keeps your interest in watching because of the tension the film brings. It's also brings lots of laughs and original catchy songs. I think one of the best things about the movie is the characters. Elsa isn't exactly a bad guy she just has problems controlling her power and fear. Anna, is a loving sister who doesn't exactly know why her sister keeps hiding herself and she wants to help her. I found the film's animation wonderful too. The ice and snow both looked dazzling! But, I do think the film is somewhat uneven, it felt a little rushed and a unsatisfying at the ending. Overall, I found the film a pleasant time at the theaters and I think many will too!
Parent Written bymovie-mama November 30, 2013

sisterly love

I like the emphasis on the sister's relationship
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written bysingj November 29, 2013

Way better than the previews would have you believe!

What a delightful surprise, and what delightful twists and turns the story takes to the refreshingly unconventional ending! One subtle joke about the size of the protagonists' fiancé's feet, and a quick response implying that size doesn't matter - right over the heads of the little ones, but a slightly naughty aside for the adults in the audience. Not too scary. A great movie for girls in particular, with strong female leads and surprisingly deep themes relating to love and fear. Loved it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySapphireWatermelon January 8, 2014

Not perfect, but pretty enjoyable! SPOILERS

Spoiler Alert! I'm just going to say, the thing about Hans was spoiled for me by tumblr... Anyway this is a movie that has a few flaws but it was pretty fun to watch. The animation is beautiful. Elsa was my favourite character! I like how in the end Hans wasn't exactly what Anna had been dreaming of. Anna is weird, clumsy, silly, awkward, but she cares about her sister so much and their relationship is probably the best thing about the movie. The songs are really pretty, and Fixer Upper and In Summer are really funny/catchy. Love is an Open Door actually has a hint as to Hans's real intentions, which I thought was cool. As for the flaws, sometimes the film felt a little rushed and I didn't really like the way in which Anna fell in love the first or second time. The first time it wasn't true love obviously. Just an infatuation based on Hans's good looks, charm, and him saying he'd never shut her out and was ignored by his siblings as well. Accepting a proposal from someone you met that day is kind of dumb but meh. The second time, Anna and Kristoff just felt a little forced at times. But they were cute at the very end when she gives him a new sleigh and their relationship is still budding since Kristoff ASKS if he can kiss her. I generally enjoyed Frozen and its message of sisterhood. :) In short, this is a visually stunning movie. The animation and voice acting are excellent. I wouldn't say the same about the writing but there's stuff to enjoy about this movie and I'd watch it again.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bykaloren December 28, 2013

Excellent Princess hero movie!

We loved this movie! Even Grandpa had to admit it was good (he dislikes animated films). On the way home my daughters, 8 and 12, discussed how the story kept changing to unexpected turns which made it new and different from the normal princess story. I liked how the previews only hinted at the fun and excitement in the movie and didn't give you any idea of how the story truly was going to go from one moment to the next. The animation was spectacular, the images looked alive (saw 2D). The music was fairly modern. Although I first thought the intro music remind me of Africa, not a mountain city in the mountains of Europe.We'd love to see a spin off story short with just Olaf and Sven like in the previews! And something with the trolls too.Spoiler alert: Parents of young kids beware there is peril involved with one of the Princesses life being in question at one point. Also there is a scary snow creature---but he's like a scarier snow version of the Ghost Busters' marshmallow creature. Although Elsa changes to a "sexy" dress that reminded my husband and I a bit of Dolly Parton, I don't think it was overly provocative for young girls to see. Elsa is not built quite like Dolly and the dress is more of a spectacular magical gown that she changes into as she realizes her powers.