All member reviews for Frozen

Wintry Disney musical is fabulous celebration of sisterhood.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 July 19, 2015

Best Disney movie Ever!

This is my favorite Disney movie. It is unique from other Disney princess movies. I almost did not give it a chance and then I liked it. Most people I know love this movie too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviereviewawesome9 July 17, 2015

Very innipropriate and very sexual and very very violent and consumerism and language

A use of the "F" word So mush Vilonce No positive themes
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2015

): ) : ):

Wow I can't believe people are calling this the best Disney movie yet! All the songs are annoying the ONLY song that actually made sense was the song 'rain deers are better than people' and that song went for 5 seconds really it's possible a girl might like this movie but you might not. ) :
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 10, 2015

Perfect!

You parents in the other reviews saying, "its sexual, its violent, its scary, this movie makes me hate Disney." You all sicken me writing those reviews. Its not Sexual or any of those things. Its a kids movie sheesh.
Adult Written byFrozen18 July 1, 2015

Love it!

Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2015

Worst Movie Ever

Don't both watching it
Teen, 13 years old Written byrainwolf_thunder June 22, 2015

Terrible Movie

Stupid singing and annoying characters. Disney movies are very stupid and every movie seems to have some lame theme that is disguised as showing powerful women, but in actuality isn't really portraying them that strongly. Olaf annoying and obnoxious. If you want a real movie about family and an independent woman, watch Brave, which, by the way, is Pixar, a company owned by Disney but that produces its own seperate ideas, until of course Disney axed it a couple years ago.
Parent Written byAybee June 16, 2015

Watch and Discuss; Disney is Geniu$

The first time my daughter watched this movie, she lost interest after about 15-20 minutes. (There is too much happening during this time, to "explain" the back-story without REALLY explaining WHY anything is as it is.) She spent the remainder of the movie with her back to the TV, playing with toys instead. But a mere 2-4 months later, she heard nothing but "Elsa this" and "Anna that" from all of the other girls her age, watched it with her cousin, and is suddenly obsessed with all things Frozen. So I really question the "quality" when it seems that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon...or band-sleigh? Here are some of my concerns with this movie: violence or suggested violence (not just of the slapstick variety; it's not easy to explain to children why a formerly-beloved princess is suddenly misunderstood and hated to the point of extermination); unexplained and almost unlimited powers (sure, a character who freezes things and needs to learn to control her powers/emotions - I can go along with that; but she can also create "living" snow creatures by accident AND make clothes and skates!); female body misrepresentation (Do you hear us, Disney??? We want to see REAL bodies represented. A variety of shapes and sizes, with dimensions that are possible in real life, and not just "token" colours and shapes. And can't a teenage girl look pretty without every curve being emphasized and displayed?); lack of consequences (Yay, true love! Now EVERYTHING is fixed! They don't even have to shovel the snow away.); song lyrics (I know, the story addresses Elsa's poor method of dealing with things; but I don't really want my kids singing the lyrics of "Let It Go" and thinking that Elsa's feelings are okay. She needs help, counseling, and more than just the acceptance of those around her. She needs to acknowledge and build her own good qualities, and address her struggles. I know from experience: the love of a sister can't replace self-examination. And what about that troll song?!)... If you're thinking, "The kids don't notice these things. They just love the music and the animation and the characters and animals"... well, shouldn't that be concerning? Should they just accept what they see as normal? I have to answer a lot of questions from my daughter after movies. But what about the kid who is afraid to ask, or who doesn't have a mature or responsible adult to attempt to answer. In "Frozen," Disney is just giving the people what they want. It's genius! I can imagine the discussion preceding this movie: "Girls love princesses - let's give them TWO! Now, how do we hook the boys? And the theme MUST be love - everyone LOVES love!" I'm not saying, "Don't watch it." But I am saying, Don't miss the underlying messages that your child may be getting, even if Disney didn't intend them. Don't let the sisters, snowman, and singing distract you. (And am I the only one who didn't find Olaf funny? It felt like mocking someone with a developmental/intellectual disability. The only time I ever appreciated him was during the teaser trailer - where he and the reindeer fight over the carrot - before I met his character in the full-length film.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byyukon399 June 16, 2015

NOT FOR KIDS!!!!

Hot steamy sex scenes not allowed for kids!! T his is bad!! Too much gore and swearng!
Kid, 8 years old June 13, 2015

Amazing, fantastic, fun, family movie is great for kids.

My rating:PG for some violence.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2015

Five Stars

Really good, must see!
Educator and Parent Written byCommonSenseChristian June 9, 2015

A Disney Musical That Will Warm Your Heart

Make some soup and cocoa and prepare to curl up with your little princesses for this flick, especially in winter. Elsa and Anna have a great, realistic sisterly relationship anybody with siblings can relate to. Discussion fodder exists in the form of Elsa's ice powers, why she fears this, and what they help teach her about love. Families can also talk about Anna's reactions to Elsa, her engagement to Hans, and why it was so easy for the villain to deceive her. Appearance vs. reality and the mix of beauty and danger are big themes here. Minor caveats exist. Elsa creates and employs a potentially scary abominable snow monster, and her powers themselves may scare younger viewers. The villain's actions are particularly underhanded for a Disney film; Anna responds by punching him. Sentient snowman Olaf makes a reference to yellow snow, and references are made to hero Kristoff liking to "tinkle in the woods" and smelling bad, as well as having a relationship with a pet reindeer that's "a little outside of nature's laws." Overall, though, this is a truly pleasurable frozen treat with plenty of warm family-friendly morsels.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 May 31, 2015

Ok storyline, too many awful songs

I only watched this movie to see what all the fuss was about and I was quite disappointed with it being a Disney movie. Don't get me wrong, the plot was good but the songs are what spoiled it for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperman13 May 25, 2015

Wonderful musical adventure from Disney.

Many people hated this movie. I am not among them. Frozen is great. It is fun, emotional, and the songwriting is genius.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2015

why is everyone making a big fuss about this movie?!?

It is an ok movie. I don't really care for it. Everyone makes such a big fuss but whats so special about it? It is also really annoying how afterward no one stopped talking about it or dressing up like the characters. I don't know why Disney is trying to make it worse. Sequels are almost never good. Sadly every movie is almost predictable these days so it wasn't as good as it could have been. The only reason everyone likes the character Elsa is because she is pretty and sings one song about how she ran away. Other than that you should watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 20, 2015

It's not the best that Disney has to offer but it's definately not the worst

However the song "Let it Go" is possibly my least favorite part (GASP). Only because it's one of those songs that is so popular that it gets more annoying the more you here it
Adult Written byjamallaafou@out... May 16, 2015

frozen review

Frozen is good film
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2015

Strictly for girls

It's good but in my opinion it's a girls-only thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFan-Reliable April 26, 2015

One Of The Greatest Disney Musicals Of All Time

FROZEN has captivated the world and all the audiences loved it. Even boys will love it. Disney has taken years to think about, let alone make this masterpiece of a movie. If your not already a fan of musicals, I asure everyone reading review, will we a fan of it if you HAVENT watched it yet. Nothing really to worry about except it is the usuall type of storyline for a Disney movie. SPOILERS- im sure you already know, Elsa And Anna's parents died, Han's tried to murder both sisters- nothing to graphic for a typical Disney movie. Make sure you buy a copy of it because I guarantee, that you will be rewatching it over and over again. Happy Days!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhappylittlekitty March 29, 2015

Beware

I watched "Frozen" with the expectation of a good, hearty Disney movie that encourages strong role models and good values. Then I saw this movie and lost all my faith in Disney. The producers of the movie mocked their roots (Love is an Open Door was an obvious self-parody). This movie encouraged running away from your problems and hurting your siblings with ice powers. I believe the only reason this won any awards was because of the song. This movie's protagonists are an idiot (Anna) who is a pretty obvious rip-off of Rapunzel and a queen who basically ditches her kingdom. Now, I am all for characters making mistakes, if they resolve them in a way that is responsible and admirable. That is called character development. However, the characters of Anna and Elsa were horribly static. This could have been a great movie if it were executed better. For a film that has been praised as the best film of our generation, I expected a bit more. My younger cousin (5) was scared at the part when the parents died and when there were wolves and snow monsters.