All member reviews for Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

Heavy violence in convoluted but dazzling anime fantasy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAk1epic May 6, 2012

One of the best anime movie

Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeFan3000 September 10, 2014

[The only reason I rated it low is the plot!] Watch them all! (ex. The sacred star of milos) Part.3

I am a 5 star otaku, I was so excited to watch this movie because the sequel movie to the 2003 FMA was just great. The description said it was a sequel so I thought Ed and Al we're going to meet back together as they parted ways in FMAB, But It Was Not At All Like That! This movie begins talking about a county that was never mentioned in the show and had NOTHING to do with anything in FMAB at all. Their way to make a philosopher stone was flawed in many ways and did not have a SINGEL joke about Ed being short. They are in another country and people INSTANTLY know who Ed is unlike in his Home county. The rest of it is good but the description was flawed and lies. I really don't like being 'That One Hater' but it disappointed me. :'(
Adult Written byrazor25 August 29, 2012

FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos soars and impresses

FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos is hands-down one of the most well-made animated films outside of Disney and any Hayao Miyazaki film to date. The movie has an impressive story-line and characters you grow to care for as you reach the end of the film. The violence in the film can be intense at times but it is never down in bad taste, and the language is mild as well, mostly spoken from one of the main characters when he is on screen. The only complaint I can see is that if you or your kids are not familiar with FullMetal Alchemist or the show it is based on, you will have some trouble following and understanding specific details about the characters. Having said that, I highly recommend this film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byYomimaru May 8, 2012

Best Anime Movie I've Seen in a While!

I have to say, in response to the original review, the movie was more or less supposed to be a stand-alone type of film. That's why the "supporting" characters are more detailed; It's made to get those who saw the first Fullmetal Alchemist animation and even those who haven't to watch the newest series, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Even watching it after Brotherhood, the movie got me back into Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and I ended up watching it over again. Of course, a little bit of prior knowledge doesn't hurt, but it's not exactly necessary; I took a friend who didn't know anything about Fullmetal and he understood most of what was going on thanks to the movie's separate story. Some of the jokes that reference to the original animation series, however, flew right over his head and needed explanation. Other than those, this movie's great for those who at least know Ed and Al are brothers who broke the laws of human transmutation (They tried to bring back their dead mother), alchemy involves the law of equivalent exchange, and the Philosopher Stone allows them to bypass said law. In reference to the violence, yes, there is a LOT of blood. But then again, we have to keep in mind the original anime had blood and gore too. If you kid's used to blood as most children above 10 or so are, this will be no worse than anything else they've seen. I don't know your child or what they've seen; so parents should make the judgement calls themselves.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byjojovonjo January 26, 2012

Your review is a joke.

FMA has always been a favorite anime of mine. It has some of the most powerful characters I have seen in some time. I wish the idiots who write the official reviews for this site would have some knowledge of the content they are reviewing. This movie is the ending to FMA Brotherhood. I will write a full review latter, because the one on this site is a joke.