All member reviews for Funny Games

Teen, 13 years old Written by80sfreak October 2, 2009

So...theres no word to describe this movie

This movie is so different I have never seen anything like it.its just plain awesome...but it took me forever to find :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmilyB123 October 31, 2010

I really liked this movie. One of the villains, who takes charge through most of the film, you can't help but like him just a little bit, no matter how harsh he is to the family. Some young teens may not be able to handle this because the effects of the violence is extremely evident. But i think mature teens can handle it.
Kid, 9 years old January 12, 2009

LMAO

So dang funny! LMAO
Teen, 17 years old Written bycourtie December 11, 2008

Original.

I wasn't expecting it at all; but i liked it. When every movie coming out is a Slasher Film (which i don't mind, i love Slasher flicks, (utterly excited for My Bloody Valentine 3D) it was really scary in the more terror sense than anything. I wasn't at all interested in the time-lapse view they had some of the time, but other than that; pretty good.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Don't be fooled kids this movie is not a joy ride to violence

Now if there is parents who let kids watch R rated movies like 'Saw' or 'Hostel' I don't really care. That's your parenting skills I'm perfectly fine with that. But 'Funny games' is not a pleasure of violence it's actually an uncomfortable experience of violence. Listen to how raunchy this is. A boy suffocating, a mom stripping down (no nudity is shown), a guy strikes a male's leg with a golf club, the strangers kills a dog, and the list goes on. The violence is such a big issue. the sexual content is not anything too bad and there's no nudity nor sex but there is some sexual talk. The language is actually mild for an R rated considering that there's only like 5 f words but still it's not something kids should be hearing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystargazerwithalazer April 11, 2012

Warning: deeply graphic images, mental images.

This is a VERY graphic movie, and was kind of strange for myself to watch it; I've never seen a movie anything like it, but most of the "graphic pictures" were off screen, and filled in with the mind. It's definitely a non-mainstream, "different" movie, with an altered plot and violent actions. In the intro, for a few seconds, the movie plunges into a deeply black metal track. Now; I've heard songs similar to such, and I was even disturbed, but with people who have never heard such a musical genre, they are bound to be even more startled as well. Personally, I thought it was a pretty good thriller. The plot was very skewed from of what an original movie would be like, however, this is why I liked it. For people who like strange, upsetting "mental" thrillers with a twist, this movie would be for you. However, this movie is NOT FOR KIDS under any circumstances. I myself am 15, and I strongly suggest that this movie be viewed if you aren't "frightened" easily by obscenely violent plots (for example, if the PG-13 movie, "The Woman In Black" scared you, this is on a COMPLETELY different level. Watch at your own risk). All in all, I give the movie a 3.5/5.0 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 31, 2012

Uhhhhh-how should I put this?

Welllllllllllll,first off,this is no kids.No one under 14.I have seen this when I was 10 at the movies with my dad (my 10 y/o brother didn't come bcuz he was scared) .The movie is funny yes,but in a very dark way.Haha,yes,that is very funny,but do you get the macabre message beneath it?An amazing movie,just too black humored.And the scene where the child gets shot may disturb sensitive viewers greatly.Although a great portion of the extreme stuff is offscreen,the character's reactions are extremely disturbing.This movie won't be disturbing to you if you are a desensitized piece of sh*t or a sociopath,but to others it does.Younger ones may not understand the underlying horror of the movie,but older teens will and it's not very nice when they do.This is a psychological horror.That just proves horrors don't need to be extremely gory or have tons of jump scares to be scary.It's the realism that is scary.A home invasion could happen to anyone,and that's what makes it disturbing.The director makes the atmosphere tense for the viewers to feel as if they were in the situation and emphasize with the characters.And if anyone were caught in this clusterf*ck situation,they'd be ten times more scared,knowing what they have witnessed at the movies can actually happen in real life.Thumbs Up to Michael Hanake for a great piece of emotional art.The most disturbing movie I've watched since Requiem For A Dream.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjaclyn1021 January 16, 2012

Disturbing

Watching this movie was a huge mistake. Please do not make the mistake of watching this if you're under 16. I wouldn't even recommend it for anyone over that age. This movie is awful. The storyline is creative, but it's EXTREMELY disturbing. I was watching this in shock, wondering what I was looking at. I'm normally an fan of thrillers, but I wasn't into this one at all. I'm scarred for life after watching this.