All member reviews for Funny People

Stand-up saga has a foul mouth but brains and heart, too.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydarkness18 August 15, 2009

for parents

i hatedthe movie cause its not funny an its not what you think parents i wouldn't take no kids to see that movie and you be disappointed
Teen, 15 years old Written byeastside01 August 19, 2009

Funny People

Funny People is Judd Apatow's third film in his comedy trio but this one feels as a dramedy. Adam Sandler gives one of his best performances on screen they give Sandler something to work with and challenge himself with. Seth Rogen gives comic relief as his writer and suprisingly Leslie Mann is enjoyable in it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydawtpbwv July 18, 2011

Not Funny People

Funny People is not a funny movie, don't get confused. This IS Adam Sandler's best movie. Switching from a kid's entertainer to a mature comedian with issues. Seth Rogen is great as his assistant who is now starting to move up in Hollywood. (Seth) There is foul language around every corner and sexual content has never been greater. However, this is a good look at the reality of superstrars and life around them. Don't be confused and think that your favorite actor/star has the perfect life. It may be bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

funny funny funny

funny people in a funny movie it teaches us about humor and in a raunchy way it has its heart in the right place and has two hilarious men: adam sandler and seth rogen. a little sad too
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 January 18, 2010

First off, i may not remeber everything cause it was so long..., but it was worth it. It wasnt as innaproprite as i thought. For sex, there is explicit dialogue thruought, and two sex scenes (one shows breasts) but these last for like 5 seconds each. The language is continuous with f**k (myb 50-100 times), c**k (1-5 times) and other minor words.
Adult Written byMovie Man November 26, 2009

Funny People is Funny, but it Still has that "No One Wins in the End" Feel to it.

Although very funny, this is a highly innappropriate film. There is almost nonstop foul language and crude sexual humor. There are also three sex scenes with brief nudity. This is a warning to parents. Now, yes, at times this movie is heartwarming, but in the end it feels that it was all for nothing, which is very disappointing. Oh well, thanks for reading - Movie Man
Adult Written byEyes Care September 8, 2009

Save your time and money

endless crude language and unfunny jokes. Tkhe base of the story cannot redeem this mess!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byoneshotkill27 August 13, 2009

good for older teens but too much for younger

ehh not the best movie but its worth watching kids may enjoy it
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2010

Funny movie

Funny movie might not interest kids because of length and it is mostly standup but amazing story this shows that judd aptow has some range with movies
Parent of a 15 year old Written byxnirvana21x August 21, 2009

Good movie for 14+ but not under

It was pretty good movie but not appropriate for kids that arent ready for dirty language and sex.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 March 29, 2011

Funny and Kinda sad towards the beginning.

This was a great movie, more dramatic than I thought, but that was sa very good thing. Loved it!
Adult Written bymoviecritic May 27, 2011

Enjoyable

First of all, a lot of young teens probably want to see this movie because it has Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, along with endless celebrity cameos, that's initially what drew me to this movie in the first place. Plus I love Judd Apaow movies, of course I was 16 when this movie came out, and looking back I'm really glad I didn't see this with my parents! Funny People is full of language, including over 150 f-words. The sexual content is pretty extreme, including a quick but kind of graphic sex scene (there is female nudity). But the actual movie itself is great, with a great message in the end. If you like stand-up comedy you'll probably really enjoy this movie, just be prepared for lots of adult humor and situations. Kids 16 and up!
Adult Written by4Spice December 12, 2009

good adult humor lots of sex talk 16 and over

very good movie but no kids too dirty adult humor lots of sex dirty jokes and cussing 16 and over
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 November 26, 2009

Hated it

Parents need to know that this movie isnt even worth watching. the jokes are stupid, the language is really not necessary, and a lot of crude sexual talk. I thought it was so bad that i didnt even watch it all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. March 5, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Adult Written byYung Doe August 17, 2010

I think funny people is a very intelligent and great movie.Its a good way to get across the point that death is guareented so why not have a sense of humor while here.The movie address many of lifes obsticles but in a funny way for the audience.Funny people is a great movie that alot of people wont fully grasp the concept,its very underrated and overlooked.It actually was one of the best movies that year.Great cast and Directing,keep up the good work.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvzmoosyk August 18, 2009

Loved it!

This movie is great. I loved it. But if you're over 16, don't go with your parents, only because it talks about awkward subjects. No offence to parents. -i-luvz-moosyk
Teen, 13 years old Written bybdunn98 August 9, 2009

This is a good movie. It is one of sandlers best yet. Keep in mind though there is sex and a lot of language and penis stuff.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 17, 2011

sad

Great sad movie. My rating: Strong language throughout, some sexuality and nudity, and some drug use.
Adult Written bydaniel.nicholas... August 5, 2009

Funny, but long and disjointed movie.

I laughed at this movie quite a bit, but there were definitely parts where it dragged -- for a comedy. The movie gets caught up in a subplot (for an hour or so) that never really seems to get resolved. It felt like you were left with something incomplete. This subplot makes it a very long movie (especially for a comedy) at around 2 hours and 20 minutes. It really starts to drag at the end. Beware of lots and lots of penis jokes. No kids...there are two sex scenes, one mildly graphic (breasts shown), language is all across the board (like all Apatow films) and lots of brands: Apple (quite heavily), Nike, MySpace, Facebook, PayPal, Target, Craigslist, Wii Fit. By the time the movie was over, I felt at a loss for what I just saw and what the whole point really was: a story about George's love life or about him coming to reality with life and death?