Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for G-Force

3-D adventure is funny ... if you're a first grader.

Adult Written byBoucha83 July 27, 2009
Parents may find their children begging for a guinea pig after seeing this movie. Speaking as an owner of 2 pigs and an educator, I would like everyone to consider a few things. Pigs are very social, require lots of attention, daily cage cleaning, lots of food (hay and veggies too), are noisy, very temperature and diet sensitive (can pass away in hours if not properly cared for). Many actions are portrayed in the movie which actual pigs are not safe doing such as: jumping, swimming, using a running ball (may break their back), a running wheel in their cage (can break back or toes), being caged/housed with other species of animals or a pig of the opposite sex. Two pigs require at least a 10 sq. ft. cage to be happy and healthy. The small cages you see in pet stores will simply depress your pig. Pigs should be taken out for daily exercise and should not be handled by small children as they are apt to jump out of their arms if startled. Please do your research before considering a pig in your home.

Adult Written byLooking out 44 July 28, 2009
We took our girls to see G-Force this past weekend. My overall feeling was that the movie was inappropriate for children under ten(I'm including music). The sexiness associated with the female and the gray one trying to gain her affection was unnecessary. Some of the slang I wouldn't want my kid using and worst of all for us was the music. We LOVE the song JUMP. I went to itunes and downloaded it. It is by Flo Rida and Nelly Furtado. That was a red flag to me but I thought since it was for a Disney movie it would be ok. The chorus is great but the verses are very inappropriate. They love it but I can't let them listen to it now that I have looked at the lyrics and deciphered them. There are references to drinking alcohol, getting high and sexual references about females. I had to go to urbandictionary.com for help. Black-eyed peas have some music in the movie as well I think. Disney did a wonderful job with the movie UP but G-Force lacks good judgement. Don't waste your money, wait until it's in the Red Box if you really want to see it.

Adult Written bygreta_elisif January 24, 2010
First-graders being typically six, this movie is inappropriate for them. I don’t know how anybody can really think it is a good idea for small children to learn about having girlfriends, about girls being “hot,” how to say vulgar words and the word “pimp,” and how to tell people to shut up. Let them watch this and get read to squirm when you hear, “Mommy (or Daddy), what does ‘pimp’ mean?”

Adult Written by4beauts March 24, 2011
My 4-6 yr olds love it. The fast action occurs mostly when the animals are traveling in a hamster ball. One 5-10 minute sequence at the end where ordinary household items come to life was initially skipped over.

Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written bySharonW July 17, 2012

Transformers-like Scene is Violent and Unexpected

The movie was all cute, a bit like Alvin and the Chipmunks meets Spy Kids. All was well until the last 30 minutes or so when the viewers are thrust into a drawn-out, intense, transformers-like scene where one of the animal characters (the mastermind) controls a Transformers-like entity, destroying the environment on all fronts-- lots of crashing, striking and burning. My 9 year old is a bit sensitive to these types of scenes but I didn't not foresee how upsetting this would be to him. Even I felt on pins and needles watching monster machines violently tearing up everything, and my boy had trouble falling asleep. It was TOTALLY unexpected after watching cuteness with moderate action for the majority of the film. My husband too was shocked by the intensity shift. There is one earlier scene that might be difficult for younger, sensitive types... When a nano-rigged coffee-makers turns violent and crashes through a store-window to attack on-lookers. It is however a short scene. (The later violent scene includes chaos caused by appliances world-wide turning violent in retail stores, in addition to the "transformer" entity driven by the "master mind" mole.) Personally, I just think the intensity and such destructive display was ill-placed and unnecessary to make this movie entertaining and given the younger audience. Massive destruction of things/environment with people and animals running in fear in all directions can be equally "violent" or more so, as beings attacking each other. CAUTION.

Parent of a 7, 11, 13, and 15 year old Written byTexasGirl612 August 2, 2009

Check for the 3D tag or wait for DVD

Two 7 yr olds and mom thought it wasn't that funny. That the best part was the silly mice. And that it was unfortunate that the most memorable thing was the phrase "poop in his hair, poop in his hair". Definitely wasn't worth theatre prices and the theatre didn't even show it in 3D.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byFitMama January 12, 2011

Good pick for family movie night

This is a movie that both the kids and the adults can watch and enjoy together. I love the humor and messages about teamwork but some of the language is a problem for my 4yo (stupid, dumb, etc). It's one of the few movies that I will actually watch along with my boys.
Adult Written by4Spice June 13, 2010

good kid movie

let your kids watch this they will love it nothing bad in the movie
Adult Written bysydneyg81 July 31, 2009
loved it....great family message through out the whole movie

Adult Written byaveruiyzgdfj April 20, 2019

THE BEST KIDS MOVIE OUT THERE FR

I think this movie was very appropriate for children of all ages. There are not any sexual references that me and bujon noticed. If there were, I dont think that was a big deal like that one lady said. This movie was the best movie I have seen in a while and it made me cry.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byLily K. November 22, 2017

Great movie, some potty humor!

In my opinion this movie is great! Any one who thinks otherwise needs to sit down and watch it and try NOT fall in love with the characters ( and not have all your kids begging for piggies!) Some messages may confuse ( piggies jumping flipping TALKING) which may give kids the wrong idea about what G pigs can and cannot do ( make sure that your children don't try to flip a guinea pig) But in the end there was some potty humor, laughs and a heart warming, tear- jerking movie perfect for a family, or a school film! ( The only reason I selected the kiss button was some G pig flirting which may confuse you small child)( Violence because it seems as a charter is squished by a garbage truck a beloved charterers killed (( but spoiler just encase there are tears: the beloved charterer live!))

Parent Written byewe2lambs November 7, 2010

not that great

Our 5yo loved this film, our 8 yo didn't think much of it. Not my sort of film either - didn't appreciate the language and some of the content - certainly wouldn't be our first choice for family entertainment!

Adult Written byDr.Pepper November 3, 2010
The fart jokes really killed it for me. Also do we really need characters saying "pimp my ride" in a kids' movie? Aside from that there is some action and peril that might be scary to young children.

Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byLovemyboyz October 21, 2010

definitely for little kids, but not worth the violence

I think this movie was a bit of a waste to see in the theaters, which we did.....it had a few funny parts, but over all was not very funny as the trailers suggested. I wasn't impressed, anyone younger than 6 would find it funnier though.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byjj2 March 25, 2010

not for 3 as far as i'm concern.

It was a bit scary for my 6 year old but he still liked it and well it wasn't a huge letdown but could of done better.

Parent of a 8 and 15 year old Written bymommalaurie February 27, 2010
awesome!!!

Parent of a 4 year old Written byZenMama February 25, 2010
The characters work as a team and risk their safety for each other. My 4yo enjoyed the cartoon characters and the music. The plot was too complicated for her. One part (the "transformers"-like scene) was a bit scary for small kids, but otherwise, nothing too intense. This movie is a fun way to spend an evening with small kids, but not a must-see film.

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byamyriggsby February 17, 2010
This is a great movie! It is one the whole family will sit down and watch even my husband...which does not happen very often. The only issue we had was my daughter is a animal lover and there were a couple scenes where you might think a couple of the critters are dead but later in the movie you find out everyone lives.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymerrymary December 29, 2009

like transformers and a part of being dead for a bit.

Written by my 11 year old daughter. Ok i have to say it was a fun movie but....... when they told the guy who was keeping them, that the mole got crush in the garbage truck i think it was too sad a little bit. at the end when they see that the mole turned on them that was a little sad and he mad his whole personality TOTALY DIFFERENT. but he realized that what he is doing is wrong. so the team gets the capachino makers out like a tranformer the the mole helped them get all the capachino makers back to normal and get all the chips out. So it ends well. but not a movied I'd see again.

Parent of a 2, 3, 4, and 6 year old Written byXTREMEXTC December 19, 2009

MUST WATCH

I THINK THIS MOVIE IS SO ADORABLE. ALL OF MY CHILDREN LOVES IT.

Educational Value