Hilarious, fast, funny, fresh fun for the family.

Adult Written bylartisane May 1, 2009

Think twice before showing to a young child...

THE TORTURING OF THE ALIEN HAS BEEN DISTURBING FOR OUR CHILD AS WELL AS THE DEATH AND THE SMALL CHILD LIKE ALIENS WHO ATTACK IN NUMBERS TO EAT ONE OF THEIR OWN WAS THE FIRST DISTURBING PART THAT MADE ME RECONSIDER THE MOVIE FOR OUR CHILD.AS ADULT WE DID NOT SEE ALL THAT CONTENT BEFORE HAVING A CHILD AND I HAD FORGOTTEN THOSE PARTS TO MY REGRET.ONCE AGAIN I WILL SCREEN THE MOVIES BEFORE HAND...!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bybobsax May 24, 2010

good for older kids over 10 or 11.

It's a funny movie but I agree that it has a fair amount of adult humor that wasn't mentioned . It seems that in the old days movies had to have profanity to be cool. To bad. Good for older kids .
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Spoof type movie

This movie would be an excellent spoof movie if they had less breast shots.
Adult Written byrhileman April 9, 2008

this movie made me laugh out loud

this is a movie the whole family can watch and also enjoy.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byDavisflyer March 13, 2013

IT is a great movie, but the language is not mild as indicated

This is a good movie, but the 8 yr old rating is way too low given the language in the movie. I started watching it with my 11 year old and felt bad afterward. Boobs, sh*t, GD, A$$, are used, probably a couple others I can't remember either!
Parent of a 3, 4, and 6 year old Written bymarianpriegel February 12, 2010

Beware of the "more than mild" language for younger viewers

"God D--n" "sh-t" - among others were used in just the first few scenes of the movie. Also, more adult humor than expected.
Adult Written byrjricci April 9, 2008

we laughted out loud

i just watched this with three 10 year old girls and and 8 year old and my husband and we were all laughing out loud. i had to explain a few times about the setting - a star trek like group of actors and all their fans at a huge convention - but the kids all really enjoyed it, even though they've never seen star trek or anything similar. this is just a funny movie! it's worth grabbing at the video store.
Parent Written byathenix22 January 12, 2014

Not for 8-year olds, but really funny!

Tim Allen is hilarious and this movie is about a group of former TV stars who meet up at sci-fi conventions (it is a spoof about Star Trek) until they are actually drawn into a real life out of this world experience with aliens from another galaxy. I loved it but it is not okay for 8-year olds with the drinking, cussing (GD, sh*t, D*mn it), sexual suggestiveness (women's breasts and making out), torture and threat to life. I think kids 12 years old or above and adults will really enjoy this film.
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Parent of a 9, 9, and 16 year old Written byebmunz May 23, 2009

Fun but edgy for kids

My son said this was either the funniest scary movie or the scariest funny movie he'd ever seen. There are some frightening images even in a scifi context. You need to watch this with your kids.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 19, 2014

It should be for 6

Parent Written bymondo64 August 18, 2014

Worth the "Quest"

I watched this film when it first came out some years ago and for me, it's just as clever and funny today as it was back then. This time, I got to enjoy it with my children. Although many of the references in this film can be construed as too complicated for kids, there is enough alternate entertainment to ensure all-around enjoyment for all. And, you certainly don't have to be a fan of Star Trek to understand and enjoy some of references made by this film. This film goes out of its way to ensure that it can be enjoyed by all. The only disagreement I have is with Common Sense Media's rating of this film where they indicate "No" positive message. I disagree as I believe this movie demonstrates team work, honor and loyalty - especially when facing adversity. In fact, it is the entire basis of the film and the reason the Aliens seek-out the former TV characters in the first place. It is by watching the show, and by observing how the actors work together that the Aliens decide to seek out the actors; and of course, these are qualities that have to be repeated by the actors when facing danger once again. I totally love this film, and I highly recommend it!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byhipchick97 May 22, 2009
Great movie very funny!!!!!
Parent Written byrydisme March 3, 2015

Not for younger kids

Common Sense Media got this age rating wrong again. This is one of my favorite films - so funny, great acting, - but because it was rated age 8, I let my younger daughter (who was 8) watch. She was petrified of the villain and had nightmares afterward! Also, there is a little bit of sexual content, which was gratuitous. This is really a great film but not for young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug November 4, 2012

Galaxy Quest

Hilarious. At the end a lot of cleavege is shown with the Woman. There are a few scary images and some viloence but nothing an 11 or 12 year old cant handle. Its a hilarious move though and i loved it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 24, 2013

Love it!!!

I love the 1999 film Galaxy Quest. It is so awesome. I love the humor. When I saw it in theaters back in 1999, I was laughing NON-STOP. I'm not joking. I recommend this film to any sci-fi fan. P.S. I'm a sci-fi fan!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 22, 2013

I was six when I saw this for the first time

I must admit, any kids who love sci-fi movies that mix thrills with laughs should watch this.
Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2013

My Review Of Galaxy Quest.

Galaxy Quest Is A Spoof of Star trek,The Popular Line Of Movies, Tv Shows,And More.The Plot Is How A Group of Tv Actors Who Once Acted on star trek type of show, are Called By Some People Who Think they Are Really Fighters.So Basically,Actors Are Actually Put In Battle.Now,I Have Not seen Star Trek,And I Really Liked This Movie!It Had Lots Of Jokes,And If I Remember Correctly,Lots Of Puns. The Only Downside is that there is LOTS Of Bad Things. People Swear Lots in Galaxy Quest,And There Is Some Violence Too.Some Other Bad Stuff Like Cleavage,And The Main Character Gets Drunk.Even though Galaxy Quest Is Downright Brilliant, It Is Not For Young Kids.
Kid, 7 years old August 29, 2009
i love a parody of star trek,but it's kind of scary.
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2009

I like it

Some parts are surprising and scary and it has some violence but it has no nudity. This film is too violent for 6 or 7 year olds but for ten year olds (like me) it is very good.