All member reviews for Get Smart

Silly and fun, but edgier than the classic TV series.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypatton1942 April 6, 2011

very good for tweens

very funny movie a little sex talk but very entertaining
Adult Written bygarfield2711 March 20, 2009

A good movie with Sexual Innuendos.

This is a great movie but you need to be warned about the sexual content. There is a scene that resembles gay man sex but it's not really happening. Sexual Innuendos are quite common but they are not graphic. This movie is funny, but is a little stupid. If you don't like goofball comedies you won't like this one. Otherwise, this is a good movie.
Kid, 9 years old March 3, 2011

Steve Carrel is so funny! He is my favorite charactar, except for agent 99, who rocks. The movie is funny and awesome! WATCH I!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byjmch April 9, 2008

Lots of action ... yet very funny!! (best for teens)

I loved this movie...BUT could have done without the language in it. I took my kids 11 & 6 to see it, some of the 'bad' words went right over her head and my 11yr old picked up some new ones. They thought it was funny and liked the action, but I was uncomfortable with some of the words they used not to mention seeing Max's bare butt in the end! Wish I found this web site before going to see it.
Adult Written bylysmom April 9, 2008

agree with the others, but...

I took two rather mature 10 year olds to see it and I agree with the other reviews that it was mostly harmless. HOWEVER, there are two things not mentioned in other reviews that I wished I had known about before going: 1) a rather lingering "flipping" of the bird by a heavy girls at some thin girls 2) a sight gag about 2 men having sex against a table. I think this went over the kids' head, but I think it was out of place and distateful in an otherwise totally entertaining film. I laughed more than I've laughed in a movie in a long time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMartian86 March 21, 2010

Don't watch the movie; just go see the original

Being a fan of the original series, of course I hated the movie. No one can act like Don Adams. He was simply a comedy genius. Not even Bill Dana (who played CIA Agent Quigley in the season 5 episode "Ice Station Siegfried") could get Max played right. It's simply not to be done. Don Adams, and only Don Adams, was born to say "would you believe..." Now, don't get me wrong, Steve Carell's a great actor, but he's JUST NOT MAX! Lay off, filmmakers, and let people see the original! That goes for you, too, colorizing people, leave the black and white shows black and white!
Adult Written byseto006 April 9, 2008

Perfect Remake of the old Series.

An almost Perfect Recreation of the Old hit Show, "Get Smart." There is quite a bit of sexual Indo, but nothing an 11-year-old Hasn't heard by now! There are a few parts involving kissing, like when Max kisses agent 23 (Note that Agent 23 is a GUY). The violence isn't something to get worked up about. There is shooting, and Max almost always gets himself hurt, but nothing Horrable. There is quite a bit of language, but a 10-Year-Old would be allowed to hear it. Overall, Take you 11-Year-old sons to see this!
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

Get Smart

This movie is hilarious! When I first heard about it, it sounded pretty dumb. However, I couldn't stop laughing! You should know that Get Smart has a few inappropriate moments but and some language, but it is so funny that your kids will probably forget about it. It is pretty violent, but not too much for kids 10 and up. Definitely watch this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byc12341234 March 1, 2013

Wow... I <3 Steve Carell

This was a great movie, very funny. Watched it with my sister (9) and we both were cracking up. Great for family viewing.
Adult Written bycommin July 30, 2012

Steve Carrel Does It Again!

Funny
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 April 28, 2012

Funny

Just watched it and liked it. :)
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

prepare to laugh

It was an awesome movie.Some freinds and I{ages 10 to 11}went to see it and it was hilarious. Though i would not go any younger than 9 due to the s word.
Adult Written byjoeltims5 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Get smart is a great film for families but it's not that good of a film.

Get smart is a film for children and families. I thought it was well-done with great humor and cool action but I think it missed it by that much like in the sitcom and in the movie. The sexual content is honestly mild for a PG-13 movie but there are some jokes that are for like high schoolers and up but I think it's not really bad. The profanity is also mild for a PG-13 but the only word that threw me off was 'w***e'. But that's it. The violence is not bad but it isn't kid friendly either. Overall it's a fun film for families.
Kid, 8 years old January 2, 2015

Really funny!

Great humor! Funny movie, great acting! Good movie! You should definitely watch it!
Parent Written bydavidrox February 2, 2013

good, nothing like the TV show though

a good movie, with lots of action, not like the TV show though. a lot of violence, and some bad language including b***ch, w****e, d***, s***, and a**. some sexual enteres, but the real problem is the violence. lots of shoot outs, some comical, some not, big explosions, and big threats for the main characters. this movie is good for kids 12 and up.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2012

get smart

i think the movie is really good and funny

Love It

I was so excited to see this movie but then I saw the PG 13 rating and i was very mad. My parents and I read some reviews and thought it looked fine. I had some big laughs. This movie overall was good and ok for kids my age.
Adult Written byhomeschool mom April 9, 2008