All parent member reviews for Get Smart

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion February 1, 2009

An Enjoyable Comedy

GET SMART succeeds at being a comedy, with many laugh-out-loud jokes. It succeeds at being an action thriller, with many engaging stunt/adventure pieces. It succeeds at being a romance, with a sweet love story. In fact, though it is far from the perfect movie, this film succeeds at almost everything it tries. Language is the biggest issue, with several "s**ts", "a*s"s, "d**n"s, and one "bi*ch". Some "hells" and other insults ("whore" and "dickhead") are thrown in on the side. A woman flips another off. There are some mild innuendos, consisting of 99 asking Max if he's "staring at her butt" while crawling through laser beams. A woman misinterprets Max's questions as an invitation to sex, and two men passing by misinterpret Max's attempt to move a man as inappropriate contact. There are several big booms and fires, and some people are shot, one point-blank in the head (no gore). There are threatening scenes and fistfights as well.
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Silly and fun, but not quite mission accomplished

Commonsense is exactly right
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byTristan62 January 22, 2009

NICE!

Hilarius! 23 is great the whole movie! EVERYONE should see this!
Adult Written bythinkpink2 November 7, 2008

This movie is just okay....

This movie had a few funny moments, but was not very entertaining overall. I loved Get Smart so I was very disappointed. My kids did laugh frequently and I was not so happy about the language and nude butt at the end which got big laughs from the crowd (low brow em if all else fails). I would not buy the DVD or see it again.
Adult Written byhpdvs2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byvlfountain April 9, 2008

Overall not that great but there were a few good laughs.

I would have never brought my children to see it if I had known about all the sexual banter/situations, gay man scene, and swearing. Smart/s charecter not only was staring at Agent 99's behind but also obviously up her dress. And Maxwell Smart's bare behind in the end of the movie did not thrill me. My 10 1/2 year old boy really was not thrilled with the movie either as he is starting to "get" some of the stuff in the movie and I think he was embarressed. He stated that he wished we had not gone to see it and it was inappropriate and not very good. I do not think common sense media did a very good job reviewing this movie.
Adult Written bysandsharks April 9, 2008

fanominal

I saw this movie twice already! It is one of my favorite movies! Get Smart is hilarious! The cast is amazing! It is`t that bad. In one scene Anne Hathaway asks Steve Carell if he`s staring at her butt. It has some sexual content but not much at all! I`ve seen much worse in pg-13`s! See this movie! You`ll love it
Adult Written byjwhite6114 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byhomeschool mom April 9, 2008

Adult Written bygoldmedgirl April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydfk1010 April 9, 2008

gerat

okay for kids 6 and up
Adult Written byseto006 April 9, 2008

Perfect Remake of the old Series.

An almost Perfect Recreation of the Old hit Show, "Get Smart." There is quite a bit of sexual Indo, but nothing an 11-year-old Hasn't heard by now! There are a few parts involving kissing, like when Max kisses agent 23 (Note that Agent 23 is a GUY). The violence isn't something to get worked up about. There is shooting, and Max almost always gets himself hurt, but nothing Horrable. There is quite a bit of language, but a 10-Year-Old would be allowed to hear it. Overall, Take you 11-Year-old sons to see this!
Adult Written byjoeltims5 April 9, 2008