All member reviews for Get Smart

Silly and fun, but edgier than the classic TV series.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymonkeyman April 9, 2008

Great movie! I think it may of had a little to much profanity in it but otherwise one of the best movies of the year.
Adult Written bydfk1010 April 9, 2008

okay for kids 6 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm123 April 9, 2008

Predictable, but cute!

This movie was predictable, but cute. Most of the funny parts were shown in the promos, but it's still good enough to see! There are some surprising twists.
Kid, 8 years old January 2, 2015

Really funny!

Great humor! Funny movie, great acting! Good movie! You should definitely watch it!
Written byAnonymous October 25, 2014

Silly but exciting spy comedy has great jokes and funny humor

My rating:PG-13 for comic violence,sexuality,langauge and drug references
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 27, 2014

Hilarious, one of my favourite spy films. However, there is tonnes of language, plenty of violence and some sexual innuendo. Great for teens and adults, but not a kid's film.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2013

Fun and exiting movie may want to preview

I watched this movie when I was nine and thought it was funny. I watched it again recently and found it funny again. This movie never gets old. It is spectacular, but hard to understand. Also young kids may find it scary. After a scary part they do throw in a few jokes. If you don't know if your child will be scared preview it. It was really funny!
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010
Very funny Steve Carrol movie. Violence is not too intense, cars catch on fire, bullets fly in the air, and fist fights occur.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycverlb March 29, 2009

Adult Written byvlfountain April 9, 2008

Overall not that great but there were a few good laughs.

I would have never brought my children to see it if I had known about all the sexual banter/situations, gay man scene, and swearing. Smart/s charecter not only was staring at Agent 99's behind but also obviously up her dress. And Maxwell Smart's bare behind in the end of the movie did not thrill me. My 10 1/2 year old boy really was not thrilled with the movie either as he is starting to "get" some of the stuff in the movie and I think he was embarressed. He stated that he wished we had not gone to see it and it was inappropriate and not very good. I do not think common sense media did a very good job reviewing this movie.
Adult Written byjwhite6114 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byhomeschool mom April 9, 2008

Everone said it was hilarious.... It wasn't!!!!!

In this movie everyone made it seem like it would be hilarious, well it wasn't... It had a few funny moments, but I went with a few friends and they agreed with me. I think people should go see it if they want to but don't look forward to it being that funny!

I loved this movie. It flowed nicely and was great to watch. I loved how it had a happy ending too.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

real good movie

the funniest awesome moviE! real cool! but luv guru is more funnier

this had to be the funniest movie i have ever seen, steve carell is great as maxwell smart and alan arkin is hilarious as the chief all in all great movie. sex is on because there are only mild references. violence pause because there is some shoot outs,language pause because of a good amount of swears. my rating PG-13 for languge, comic violence and some sexual references
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnmcclane April 9, 2008

Pure summer fun

Steve Carell is Agent Maxell Smart in the adaptation of 1960’s TV sitcom Get Smart. You should be aware that kids are going to want to see this thanks to the cast which includes stars such as The Rock and Anne Hathaway. The good news is that if they’re 10 and up you could let them see it. As a matter in fact, join them. It’s great fun for the family and I actually had more fun at this than all the other movies to come out this summer except for Iron Man. Although keep in mind that there’s still a fair amount of action violence, but it’s mostly played on laughs. There is surprisingly some swearing which might go over your kid’s ears, so beware. Other than that Get Smart is an action packed summer adventure that the whole family would enjoy. I too had a lot of fun and it actually brought my mood up a bit. Steve Carell did such a good job as Smart that no one except for Don Adams could have done better. This might not be a comedy classic but it still beats Indiana Jones, Prince Caspian and You don’t mess with Zohan. If there’s a summer movie you need to see this is the one to go to unless you haven’t seen Iron Man
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

It was sooooooooooooooooooo AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the movie it doesn't show to much sexual stuff. Just agents talking about sleeping together, kissing, and dancing. The language is basic stuff you hear about on the bus, it says whore, a@#hole, damn, freakin, and shit.
Adult Written byaidans1 August 7, 2015