All member reviews for Get Smart

Silly and fun, but edgier than the classic TV series.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLS22 May 16, 2009

I like it free.

This movie is overpriced. Get it free, tutorial here - http://ls22.wordpress.com
Teen, 13 years old Written bysugarpink89 January 22, 2009

Best movie EVER!!!!!!!!

This movie sisn't have an awesome part but who cares with that awesome comedy! there wasn't one joke that didn't crack me up! when it was on paper- view I watched it every single day! I am not even joking, I have every dialogue memorized! MY brother is turning 7 and he wants this movie really bad. I agree it isn't really appropriate for that age but we watched it with our dad the first four times until he got sick of it! Then we watched it alone cause there was nothing new but I still laughed amazing choice of actors and most of all great script! It rocked my socks!
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2009

I laughed till I cried!

This movie is hillarious! But it has a lot of cursing in it, and some violent content, and sexual references. That's why I rate this movie NOT for kids under 13
Teen, 13 years old Written bywondergal December 10, 2008

BEST MOVIE IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE WORLD!!!

omg, i was laughing like no tomorrow!!! it was sooo funny, and the swears were kinda bad, but just made it more funny!! my ten year old brother loved it and i dont know if he should have seen it, but he didn't mind the swear words. BEST MOVIE EVER!!! WATCH IT NOW!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old November 17, 2008

A funny yet sort of disappointing movie

Yeah I watch PG-13 movies all the time. Get Smart. . . I expected a lot more from this movie. I had a few laughs. Some sexual humor, but doesn't ALL funny movies have some of that?

Everone said it was hilarious.... It wasn't!!!!!

In this movie everyone made it seem like it would be hilarious, well it wasn't... It had a few funny moments, but I went with a few friends and they agreed with me. I think people should go see it if they want to but don't look forward to it being that funny!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

prepare to laugh

It was an awesome movie.Some freinds and I{ages 10 to 11}went to see it and it was hilarious. Though i would not go any younger than 9 due to the s word.
Adult Written byjoeltims5 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byBlackFamily96 April 9, 2008

It Was A very funny movie me and my son saw it i was Good
Parent Written bydavidrox February 2, 2013

good, nothing like the TV show though

a good movie, with lots of action, not like the TV show though. a lot of violence, and some bad language including b***ch, w****e, d***, s***, and a**. some sexual enteres, but the real problem is the violence. lots of shoot outs, some comical, some not, big explosions, and big threats for the main characters. this movie is good for kids 12 and up.
Adult Written bypapareg April 6, 2012

not for kids

2 men pretending to have sex - you must put this in your sex section - very disappointed
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2010

well...

This was a great movie. They often used bad lauguage and talk of sex. I saw this i think wen i was ten? i cant really remmber.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2010

OK movie

This movie is OK. It is not that funny. There is not alot of cussing. No F words. No sex related stuff. For Ages 11 or 12+. I would wait to rent it in stores
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 13, 2010

A few laughs can't quite make up for Get Smart's kid-unfriendliness

With Steve Carrell, Anne Hathaway, and Dwanyne "The Rock" Johnson, quite a bit of people will want to see Get Smart, a quirky 2008 comedy. Many of those people might be kids, but this is a truthful PG-13, and it is best reserved for teens and up. The story and punchlines are OK, but it is mainly the crude humor that penetrates many of the movie's good messages about courage and indifference. Steve Carrell gives a hilarious performance (as usual) but that's not quite enough to save this comic actionier from it's struggles. There is a bit of violence, some language, but, once again, the main problem is crude humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPainter567 November 27, 2009

I love get smart! The only thing that would be inappropriate for young kids would be some minor violence and other minor things. But other than that this is a great funny movie that I can't wait to see again!
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 October 17, 2009

funny movie i liked it 10 + is a good age level
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2009

perfect for older kids

I thought get smart was the best comedy and action movie u could go see it does have a lot of language but also it has one scene where you see anne hathaway's under wear but it is an awesome action and comedy
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn July 26, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

Pretty Good. [:
Teen, 13 years old Written byalexie July 19, 2009

Haha!

I thought this movie was very hilarious. I actually saw it twice in theatres, once with my friends and once with my family. Both times I saw it, I just laughed and laughed. I feel that some kids around age 11 and under wouldn't get the jokes. But it is a great movie if you are looking for a laugh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 June 12, 2009

Okay

A lot of the jokes don't work, but others do very well. Not a bad movie, but there are plenty of better choices.