Lackluster action flick has too many smashed cars to count.

Adult Written bychristian2011 September 15, 2013

Complete and utter waste of time.

Getaway is one bad and very poorly executed action flick, which was surprising because Ethan Hawke is a relatively good actor, but Selena Gomez, really? The script was ludicrous, because of the constant foul language, cheesy quotes, and predictable - no effort or creativity put into it. In my opinion, why is Selena Gomez famous? She can't sing. She can't act. There was hardly even a storyline - just characters arguing and cussing, and vehicles exploding in their wake.
Teen, 15 years old Written byiPunk August 30, 2013

Intense movie features a stranger and an impulsive husband

He smashes cars, kidnaps a woman, and drives at a hundred miles per hour because the voice at the other end told him to. He would have said no, if the voice at the other end didn't threaten to kill his wife. The threat to kill his wife made him more impulsive. And he thought he had no choice but to go after her himself. I'm not sure why he went strait to going after her himself, I don't know why he didn't go to the police before taking off on his adventure. There is a lot of damaging cars, but no blood.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez September 7, 2013

14 and up.

this action/adventure movie getaway is a good film with three famous actors stars as Ethan Hawke, Selena Gomez, and Jon Voight this movie is fine for your older teens to see but parents you need to know that getaway has a lot of intense violence such as car crashes and shooting and selena gomez uses strong langauge throughout the movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMovie fan HDR September 2, 2013

Horrible!

The worse movie ever I've seen. Ridiculous action terrible wordings and no actual story line just a dumb stupid movie don't waste your on this putrid garbage! It's too mature for teens to childish for adults . Man this movie is a bummer. Language is frequent , with one possible use of f--k s--t is is mainly used frequently.other frequent uses of h--l d--n a-s b--ch c--p and more .due to the terrible violent action it is not suitable.
Adult Written byHANYA234 November 13, 2014

best movie ever!!!!!!!!

its a good action movie. The director is so smart for choosing selena as a main character ,and of thinking of this beautiful story ,though she curses a lot
Parent of a 12 year old Written byImcourtneywbu November 11, 2014

Lol

I don't know why people hate it it's full of action
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2014

OMG THIS IS BEST MOVIE EVER EVERYONE MUST WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the best movie ever! i couldn't take my eyes off the screen for even a second it was that intense. but it's not right for kids under 9. there's a lot of swearing tho, including a**hole, s**t, b****, and da*n. plus in one scene, selena's (nameless) character dramatically flashes the middle finger, and there's also people holding guns up to each other and a couple people get shot and ran over by cars and cars get beat up and flipped over and ran off the road into buildings. also selena is dramatically thrown from her captator's car. but most kids around nine and up shouldn't be bothered by any of this. if this review helped, PLEASE tell me so down below! thanks, and enjoy getaway!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 December 31, 2013

this film sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated this film it was boring had a lot of mindless car chases and Selena Gomez was the worst part of this film if your interested in a film with car chases go see fast and the furious 6 and skip this film it sucks
Teen, 15 years old Written byRealSelenator July 22, 2016

Selena Marie Gomez

I have no idea why people hate this movie? It's not a movie I would talk about immediately the next day, but I'd definitely watch it again sometime. Selena Gomez rocked her role in this movie. All of the acting was beautiful and a work of art, especially Selena's. There were some swears, but you hear hear way more spending half an hour at a middle school. Again, Selena rocked this. I have loved her for many years now because of her giving soul and astonishing talent. If you like Selena, you'll love the movie. If you aren't a huge fan, you can still enjoy it. If you don't like her, you should rethink your life choices.
Kid, 8 years old May 23, 2015

Actually really good action thriller has lots of violence, and language.

My rating PG-13: intense sequences of violence, and language.
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2014

very violent movie

The movie has Much violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byCheerlover123 January 5, 2014

Umm well....

Selena cusses A LOT in this movie I think the directors thought it would make it more interesting if Selena cussed more because of her Disney image? It made it weird and not comforting. This movie was a little boring because of too much car races other than that it was really good!
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2013

Getaway Review

I saw this movie in the theaters, ( We were the only ones.) Anyways this movie has a lot of violence in it and a body count that is too high to count! Selena Gomez swears a little... yeah.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd August 30, 2013

if you want to watch an action flick watch something alot better such as Thor,Spiderman,Spiderman 2,Spiderman 3,The Amazing Spiderman,Man of Steel,Lord of the Rings Trilogy,Marvels the avengers,captain america the first avenger and you get my idea,its terrible in other words

I like action and car chases as much as the next guy but dude the action and even the car chases are so obnoxious,dumb,constant non stop and repetitive that it gets dull and boring rather than exciting,plus what is it with bad language that everyone finds so fasinating?