All member reviews for G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2013

Good Movie

Its a pretty good movie though its violent at times. I watched it a week ago and it was better than the last few movies.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 8, 2013

Kick-ass sequel to a decent movie

This sequel kicks major ass. While the first film fell flat on ponderous buildup and self-seriousness, this film, like Terminator 2, evens out the tone to a crisp, with nothing too out of place. The CGI and action sequences weren't really anything new, but they were still thoroughly entertaining and riveting, particularly the mountainside ninja battle and the destruction of London. The casting is some of the best I have ever seen in an action movie, particularly Dwayne Johnson, Jonathan Pryce, and the king himself Bruce Willis, who all fit their roles perfectly (although I wish Willis got more screen time). And, in a significant step-up, the white house takeover plot was actually very intriguing and interesting, a vast improvement over the clunky and messy plot of the first film. The humor also worked better, largely due to the fact that it never takes itself too seriously. I also thought that, both in terms of characters and plot, the film was closer to the source material, particularly with Cobra, who finally regains his evil suit from the cartoon, an element which was not present in the previous film. But the plot, although interesting, was still filled with holes: how did Storm Shadow get Snake Eyes' suit? Where was Snake Eyes during all this? Where are the other G.I. Joes from the previous film? Where is Dennis Quaid? Why did Cobra abandon Destro? Why is the destruction of London almost completely glanced over? But these didn't get in the way too much. This movie is so cool that I saw it in the theater twice, and I don't regret the extra money I spent. Ultimately, G.I. Joe: Retaliation is fast, furious, fun, exciting, humorous, and engaging, one of the better movies of the year.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGaberdoodle March 30, 2013

Lots of Action, Mild Swearing

G.I. Joe: Retaliation is a great movie, especially if you're looking for a non-stop action thrill ride. Throughout the entire movie, you will see ninja fighting, huge explosions, lots of hand-to-hand combat, and plenty of guns. Despite all the intense action, there is no blood at all. Along with the violence, there are frequent uses of "h***", "d**n", and once or twice "a**". At the beginning of the movie, it is implied that a character uses the "F" word, but it is stopped as soon as he is about to say it. There are two scenes involving a woman wearing risky outfits to try to get a man to do something for them, but it doesn't last very long and there is no nudity. Overall, this movie is filled with intense bloodless action, frequent mild swearing, and small scenes of sexual content. However, if you are taking your twelve year old, think about what I just said before taking him/her.
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2014

Sucky mc. DooDoo

THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN! There was hardly a plot! It went on on forever! And it was a 2 hours from my life I'll never get back! DON'T WATCH IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byketan kharadi December 29, 2013

sex

sex
Teen, 13 years old Written byyodiggidy August 27, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

very violent and moderate language. not for kids under 13 an OK film
Teen, 15 years old Written byAbe1998 August 15, 2013

Solid, well-made movie. Much better than the first

This story focuses on a military team inspired by the popular 80's franchise "G.I. Joe." In this story, the President of the United States has been captured, and the United States Government is now being controlled by the Commander Cobra and his forces. After a set-up attack by the enemy, it is up to the three remaining "Joes" to stop the Cobra forces, and save the world from destruction. Violence 7/10: *SPOILER ALERT* While mostly having no blood, the violence in this movie is fairly brutal. The Joes use a wide range of weapons, containing anything from machine guns to swords, hand-to-hand combat, the death of a leading character during a surprise attack from the enemy, and a character suffering from a severe burn after an explosion. Towards the end, a man posing as the president (but is really the enemy) is killed when a sword is thrown in his stomach. Language 5/10: H-ll, d--n, and a-s are used. One character says "mother," but the second word is interrupted. One character uses two double-fingers at someone. Sexual content 4/10: One scene where a female character wears a sexy outfit to a formal event. Later, the same character is seen taking her clothes off, and a man in the room is obviously tempted to look (but she doesn't go any further than being in her undergarments, yet some cleavage is shown, and some men might feel uncomfortable.) I didn't notice, but the site said that her bare buttocks could be briefly seen. Overall, a solid movie with a good plot, and lots of action. I recommend it for ages 12+
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb223 August 5, 2013

Very Dumb

This one was better than the First but it was still Incredibly Dumb this film is not as good as Common Sense Media says it is, It was very Stupid.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson June 4, 2013

Gi joe movie review by Daniel khan .

The best movie in the world . This should've been a Disney movie and marvel movie .but some edgy content .but the rating expamation is not Right. It should've been ,PG-13 for: some sexual content .some mild language.and intentence sequences of and action including violence throughout.that how the explanation should have been. But that's the Least of my concearn .the mild language includes several uses of h-ll d--n a-s , one character dose middle finger jesters .the main character says Mother- but is innturrupted before he can say the second half of the word.sexual content includes some flirting that is mild. A women chan- Ges her cloths her bra and panties are shown but nothing more.no n- unity.the same women is shown in a revealing skimpy low - cut alfit.she also dresses up in a revealing jogging suit .and where's a sport bra with It.constantstrong violence throughout fist fight to guns and lots of combat.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2013

Pg

I calculated rating and disturbing content got 10 and I'm tell I'm really good Im starting to not trust this website but I will give it a few more chances P.s it's more of a pgmotionpictur
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 April 6, 2013

Action packed, extremely entertaining sequel is a big improvement on the first installment

Teen, 13 years old Written byCount of Pomerania April 5, 2013

Quite Awesome.

This movie is just fun. I don't think anyone should take it seriously. It's ridiculous, and implausible but a lot of fun to watch. The dialogue between Duke (Channing Tatum) and Roadblock (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson") is funny, well-written and comes across as natural. Obviously, the highlight of the movie is the fight between Snake Eyes and the prison guard goons hired by Cobra, whose voice they made deeper instead of the nasally, annoying voice that makes the cartoon just a bit more enjoyable. In this he slices a bullet in half, causes an avalanche, and has a zip line katana fight with said goons. It's a popcorn flick. Just an overall fun, enjoyable film. I think that any age would appreciate this, particularly of you have nostalgic feelings about the 1990s show. Go see other things first, but...if this is the only thing you're stuck with, it's easy to make the best of it.
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2013

the best but watch out

A very good movie, there is a lot of violence, people blowing up,bombs,few language- da#n, h#ll,and a#s, little sex-a woman getting dressed (no nakedness, just underclothes) , while a man tries not to look.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 August 9, 2013

Has it's flaws

This film rocks the action and humor but has its dumb moments. Gi joe retaliation is better than the first but does have something similar to it. The first film Rise of the cobra was only dumb towards the beginning, but retaliation is more dumb toward the end. One more flaw is that one of the main characters dies in the first 15 minutes! Seriously?! 3.5 star iffy for ages 9+ Grade C
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Slightly better then the first but not a great action film

“Although the plot is predictable, there’s lack of character development, and the characters are one dimensional; G.I Joe Retaliation still has a solid pace, non-stop(at times thrilling) action, good music and some funny moments make this a recommendable movie especially for action fans”.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe May 26, 2013

To all teenagers: This violent sequel to "The Rise of Cobra" is amazing

Every teen or preteen who loves action or adventure movies should see this!! After the Pakistani President is assassinated, an imposter named Zartan poses as the President of the USA (he gets is disguise in "The Rise of Cobra") to frame the G.I. Joes for killing him. Amazing story; you should see it, no matter what!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Mutch improved from 2009

Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2013

Great!

Great movie!!!!!!!!! Amazing movie with lots of unnecessary violence. I saw this with my dad and loved it! There was lots of funny "wow" moments and some creepy/disgusting images, too. This movie was great with everything but the script, the script being exceptionally weak. Very quickly an extremely extremely sad event occurs involving a mass killing! Parents should know that there are very few bloody scenes and deaths with consequence. There is some "helping other characters out", but not a whole lot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 4, 2014

G.I. Joe: Retaliation movie review

"G.I. Joe: Retaliation" was a lot better than the disgrace to cinema known as "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra". You could tell by the synopsis the direction has changed.The characters are so much more interesting and the plot was much more riveting. There are some things with movie that are not quite right. For example, the pacing can be very bad at times. Also, the movie drags at certain parts. I do like the acting. The Rock is a very good actor and he saved this movie from being terrible. I really liked the action in this movie. It was amazing. The best part of the movie, in my opinion was Bruce Willis. I liked his character a lot. The villain was fine and I guess the synopsis was good. I recommend checking out "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" if you have absolutely nothing to do on a Saturday night.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 16, 2014

Less violent then the first still has plenty of violence but also more thrilling then the first

My rating:PG-13 for intense sci-fi violence and action,language,sexuality/nudity,gunplay and drug refrences