All member reviews for G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Teens may like violent sequel, but it's too much for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAbe1998 August 15, 2013

Solid, well-made movie. Much better than the first

This story focuses on a military team inspired by the popular 80's franchise "G.I. Joe." In this story, the President of the United States has been captured, and the United States Government is now being controlled by the Commander Cobra and his forces. After a set-up attack by the enemy, it is up to the three remaining "Joes" to stop the Cobra forces, and save the world from destruction. Violence 7/10: *SPOILER ALERT* While mostly having no blood, the violence in this movie is fairly brutal. The Joes use a wide range of weapons, containing anything from machine guns to swords, hand-to-hand combat, the death of a leading character during a surprise attack from the enemy, and a character suffering from a severe burn after an explosion. Towards the end, a man posing as the president (but is really the enemy) is killed when a sword is thrown in his stomach. Language 5/10: H-ll, d--n, and a-s are used. One character says "mother," but the second word is interrupted. One character uses two double-fingers at someone. Sexual content 4/10: One scene where a female character wears a sexy outfit to a formal event. Later, the same character is seen taking her clothes off, and a man in the room is obviously tempted to look (but she doesn't go any further than being in her undergarments, yet some cleavage is shown, and some men might feel uncomfortable.) I didn't notice, but the site said that her bare buttocks could be briefly seen. Overall, a solid movie with a good plot, and lots of action. I recommend it for ages 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written byyodiggidy August 27, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

very violent and moderate language. not for kids under 13 an OK film
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 4, 2014

G.I. Joe: Retaliation movie review

G.I. Joe: Retaliation was a lot better than the disgrace to cinema known as G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. You could tell by the synopsis the direction has changed.The characters are so much more interesting and the plot was much more riveting. There are some things with movie that are not quite right. For example, the pacing can be very bad at times. Also, the movie drags at certain parts. I do like the acting. The Rock is a very good actor and he saved this movie from being terrible. I really liked the action in this movie. It was amazing. The best part of the movie, in my opinion was Bruce Willis. I liked his character a lot. The villain was fine and I guess the synopsis was good. I recommend checking out G.I. Joe: Retaliation if you have absolutely nothing to do on a Saturday night.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 16, 2014

Less violent then the first still has plenty of violence but also more thrilling then the first

My rating:PG-13 for intense sci-fi violence and action,language,sexuality/nudity,gunplay and drug refrences
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeleeman243 April 29, 2014

Good movie could have done with better actors though

Its a good movie hardly any blood which i guess is good for the younger ones sounded like the actors were reading what they were sayng though they didnt seem into it overall a good movie fine for littler kids 8+ i would guess not bad for a sequel
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2014

Sucky mc. DooDoo

THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN! There was hardly a plot! It went on on forever! And it was a 2 hours from my life I'll never get back! DON'T WATCH IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byketan kharadi December 29, 2013

sex

sex
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

GI JOE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this was so action but it had a story to it too! The main people in the movie acted very well but their maybe some clips in the movie that little kids may believe in some of the action in real life!