All member reviews for G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Teens may like violent sequel, but it's too much for kids.

Written byAnonymous September 16, 2014

Less violent then the first still has plenty of violence but also more thrilling then the first

My rating:PG-13 for intense sci-fi violence and action,language,sexuality/nudity,gunplay and drug refrences
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson June 4, 2013

Gi joe movie review by Daniel khan .

The best movie in the world . This should've been a Disney movie and marvel movie .but some edgy content .but the rating expamation is not Right. It should've been ,PG-13 for: some sexual content .some mild language.and intentence sequences of and action including violence throughout.that how the explanation should have been. But that's the Least of my concearn .the mild language includes several uses of h-ll d--n a-s , one character dose middle finger jesters .the main character says Mother- but is innturrupted before he can say the second half of the word.sexual content includes some flirting that is mild. A women chan- Ges her cloths her bra and panties are shown but nothing more.no n- unity.the same women is shown in a revealing skimpy low - cut alfit.she also dresses up in a revealing jogging suit .and where's a sport bra with It.constantstrong violence throughout fist fight to guns and lots of combat.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 August 9, 2013

Has it's flaws

This film rocks the action and humor but has its dumb moments. Gi joe retaliation is better than the first but does have something similar to it. The first film Rise of the cobra was only dumb towards the beginning, but retaliation is more dumb toward the end. One more flaw is that one of the main characters dies in the first 15 minutes! Seriously?! 3.5 star iffy for ages 9+ Grade C
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2013

Great!

Great movie!!!!!!!!! Amazing movie with lots of unnecessary violence. I saw this with my dad and loved it! There was lots of funny "wow" moments and some creepy/disgusting images, too. This movie was great with everything but the script, the script being exceptionally weak. Very quickly an extremely extremely sad event occurs involving a mass killing! Parents should know that there are very few bloody scenes and deaths with consequence. There is some "helping other characters out", but not a whole lot.
Parent Written byamols April 16, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Review

John M. Chu does an outstanding job directing the action sequences. What a relief to see clean action scenes where everything is in clean sight. No more shaky-cam BS please, Hollywood. Give me G.I. Joe: Retaliation like action scenes any day over it. The swinging lines scene is just amazing! pls sociosquare com for social media services india & watch indian comedy show Tarak Mehta episodes on dittotv What really makes this film, is it’s overflowing with energy. Not only in the action, but the actors. From the Rock leading the way to supporting characters like Jonathan Pryce, Walton Goggins, Ray Stevenson, and Bruce Willis in his cameo, GI J:R understands humor, swag and wit is essential to a film like this. Pryce’s humor especially KILLS as Zartan/the president. When the first line out of Cobra Commander’s mouth was “You’re out of the band, Destro”, I knew this sequel would have self-aware wit and sharpness the original lacked.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great April 7, 2013

OK

Barely any blood and minimal swear words.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 22, 2015
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat June 20, 2015

Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

GI JOE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this was so action but it had a story to it too! The main people in the movie acted very well but their maybe some clips in the movie that little kids may believe in some of the action in real life!
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 14, 2013

13 and up.

this second sequel of the G.I. Joe: first film G.I. Joe: Retaliation is a good Action/Adventure movie stars with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson as the rock fine for your teens to enjoy but parents G.I. Joe: Retaliation has a lot of intense violence shown such as hand-to-hand combat and punching with some cuts and bruises, bloodless shooting of weapons, chase scenes, and explosions. There are also martial arts fighting sequences, with shurikens and sai swords there's also some little language used overall the movie does have a little message about teamwork.