All member reviews for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Too violent for kids, too childish for grown-ups.

Kid, 7 years old December 29, 2009

best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why is it PG-13 it is not bad at all it should be PG.sure it has some violent parts but it should be PG.i just mean come on!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2009

violent but not horrible

I liked it stupid but very fun and cool.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybttd December 13, 2009

Terrible

Worst movie I've ever seen. DENNIS QUADES HEAD IS SO BIG! I think that they could have made this movie much better if it wasn't so futuristic.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byfnnkybutt December 12, 2009

More fun than I expected, No problem for my kids

This is one of those movies that to me is like watching a cartoon. Most of the violence is so over the top - not to mention with almost no blood - that it's completely unbelievable. Example - bad guy in an all white suit, involved in an exploding car wreck. Steps out with a minor cut on his head, and his white suit still impeccably clean. My kids and I laughed at that. I'm usually super careful about violence in movies, because my 10 year old can be sensitive to some things, but this was fine for him. I'd definitely say ok for 12 and up, 10 and up depending on how sensitive your child is.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMTRreviews December 5, 2009

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!! this movie is the best movie i have ever seen i have seen it 11 times and it never gets old. my only concern is the violence. peoples heads get blown off and they get stabbed in the eye. but there is no blood exept when storm shadow and snake eyes fight. and snake eyes as a kid is the kid off of leo little big show, and storm shadow is tran off of tropic thunder. this movie is 100% awesome. see it!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2009

The movie that shocked Thanksgiving

Well, we whatched it on.....Thanksgiving. So, It was VERRY viliolent and apropriate for ages over 12 or 13. I was a little shocked that they used a Disney Star! That wasn't a good choice for them. But,if you DO like all the violence stabbing etc. then I think you would apeel to 'G.I. JOE rise of cobra'.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysmokinwilson November 24, 2009
On my...what a waste of my time. As stated before by another member I feel more dumber having watched it. (Proof is in the last sentence). But I always preview movies before allowing my kids to watch. This is one they oh so wanted to see. Not a chance. Only the very young or mindless adults would say anything positive about this sad movie. Don't waste your money and more importantly your time.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylady_bug November 20, 2009
omg this is the best movie you will ever see in your life. when i was little i was a big fan of the cartoons, and when this one came out my brother saw the premier and said it was great. he wanted me to see it, but i said no, i didnt want to, then i saw it with my family, and i watched it again as soon as it was over. there is an excellent plot which explains alot of the cartoons if you saw them, and there are lots of interesting flashbacks. this is overall a very well done movie. i bought it as soon as possible and watch it almost daily without getting bored. there is violence, but it gives the movie an extra kick. they cuss some, but it doesnt take away from the movie. there is product placement, including cisco, hummer and dubble bubble, but who cares? i like dubble bubble anyway. i CANNOT believe common sense only gave this 1 star, that isnt common sense at all! more like no sense! this movie is so amazing i reccomend it to anyone who does not want to be boring. after you see this, even if you didnt want to see it in the first place, you will love it. trust me. ps the casting is great, especially channing tatum(hes so hot). they all exactly match their cartoon version.
Teen, 16 years old Written byarchermatt98 November 16, 2009

A masterpiece!!!

This was a great movie, I saw it with some friends and loved it. The only bad scene, is where a body gets eaten from the inside out. See it today!!!!
Adult Written byTy3401 November 10, 2009

The worst movie of the century

This movie was so mindless i felt dumber for watching it... For all you adults out there don't waste your time or money.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviefreak124 November 4, 2009

Good potential sequel

Sets up for a good sequel!
Kid, 9 years old October 13, 2009

ok

Me, my grandma, my friend, and his grandma saw this movie. The first hour SUCKS but it gets a little better. It is way too violent for kids under 8
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byOR-MovieFan September 28, 2009

Over-the-top violence for under 13 - unecessary for all ages...

I was put off by the extreme violence. I pre-viewed it for my 9 year-old and had to tell him he'll have to wait a couple years to see it. The decapitations (I counted three) were the worst of the violence. Unnecessary in a movie targeting early teens!
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byAuctionmom September 13, 2009

Not for tweens and below - yes for teens

Great movie for teenage boys! My boys (age 7 and 9) were too young for it. My husband and I covered their eyes through most of the previews at the theater and when the scenes with needles and scalpels appeared. It was just too intense for the young guys. Again, teenage boys will enjoy it and I did like the fact the women could be heroes, too!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byRazorback September 2, 2009

This movie is VIOLENT!

This constantly shows people getting shot in the eye with arrows (since they are in body armor), impaled on knives, or killed in another fashion. My entire family was appalled.
Adult Written byaileronguy September 1, 2009

Pretty good movie but...

You know it will be violent, but it is pretty much non-stop. Much less sexual innuendos than the Transformers movies, but stronger language, and not so juvenile.
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2009

great movie

omg this movie was great but its too violent and has too many stuff thats not for 7 years olds and under
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 August 30, 2009

Surprisingly good

Although this is a Hasbro movie, it is filled with a lot of violence (no blood though) (including stabbing (fully shown), people being shot and many more). The language is farly bad (S-word, b-word and many more). There was also some pretty disturbing images for a PG-13 movie. Overall it was pretty good, not for younger then 12
Parent of a 1, 7, and 8 year old Written byNaruto uzumaki August 23, 2009
no way but its ok
Adult Written bykra August 20, 2009

I thought it was pretty good!

That might be because I had 0 expectations going in. But I really thought this was a good movie! Good as in fun, not good as in great, life changing writing with deep, poignant characters. That's laughable. But if you just want an action flick to watch over the weekend, I'd recommend this one. It is a little cheesy here and there, just don't take it so seriously! It's G.I. Joe for crying out loud!