Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Gigi

Charming, pretty 1950s musical with dated gender roles.

Adult Written byavocats May 9, 2010

Not for tweens

It is about prostitution, all being said, isn't it? Gigi says that she will be expected to sleep in his bed in exchange for a life of luxury. I don't know about 12 as old enough for dealing with those concepts, regardless of the happy outcome. The film made also me feel a bit creepy, his being a family friend and all that.
Adult Written byjmo97 May 17, 2016

Pretty to look at, but not very engaging

This musical's about a French girl who is trying to learn how to become a woman. There are some good performances, like the aunt, and I did like the chemistry between Gigi and Gaston. I also thought that the movie had some very beautiful production values. I was so uninterested in the movie though. I could not wait for it to finish. You know there is a problem with the film when the most memorable song lyric is "It's a bore!".
Concerning problematic content, there is virtually no violence other than a few arguments that never go over the top. There isn't any swearing or overt sexual content, but the film has some glimpses of partial nudity, and
the overall themes of Gigi learning how to become a woman isn't portrayed in a very interesting fashion that can interest a lot of kids. 5.3/10