All member reviews for Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Dance to the cheesy '80s beat with tweens and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAlice_in_wonderland March 13, 2010

:))

Its a awesome movie:P
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2010

awesome

luv this movie
Adult Written bydranaqueen June 22, 2014

i love this movie!

I love this movie! its so cool and puts ya in a great mood when ever ya watch it. Jonathon Sliver man is so cute in the movie. there is a funny part , The tune in Tokyo part but kids might not get that part unless you explain it to them. I told a little girl that part and we both laughed . but the dancing is amazing and the clothes and music is cool. I l love this movie so much!!!! yay!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byChikaChloe January 18, 2010

Amazing movie......but......11+ is resnable

This is one of the greatest movies now I think that 10 year olds can only see this movie if they are sensible and responsible like i was when i was teen so even though i said 10 plus i suggest parents let their children watch this if they are 11 or 10 if really responsible and sensible and make sure they don't go bad
Teen, 15 years old Written byMc876423 May 27, 2015

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

It is a good movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2009

Great for 10 year old girls!

Great movie for any girl 10 years or older. This was my moms favorite when she was young!
Adult Written byjmberryhill88 April 9, 2008

Great 80's Dance Movie

This movie is a classic 80's movie full of great dancincing and music. Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt are AMAZING! A must see for every girl.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPoppy.bath May 28, 2016

Hilarious with a touch of drama

This is a hilarious movie with Sarah Jessica Parker staring! I could watch this movie many times! Lynne is a go-getter fun girl and Janey is an obedient dancer. great for movie night!
Adult Written bygoodgirl November 10, 2015

love this movie.

such 80's fun cool clothes dance moves and a very cute young Jonathon Silver man.
Parent Written byMarieB 2 September 21, 2015

My 13 year old daughter really enjoyed it!

This was a very entertaining movie for my daughter and I to watch together. The only "uncomfortable" part was during a french kiss scene ~ I wish the tongue action would have been excluded.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 April 11, 2015

A Fun, Cheesy, Hilarious, Lighthearted, Feel-Good '80s Movie

Girls Just Want to Have Fun is definitely cheesy and outdated (the '80s clothes, hair, dancing, and music is so outdated!), but it's also fun, hilarious, lighthearted, and feel-good. A good-girl military brat named Janey moves to Chicago and goes to a new school. She befriends a wild and rebellious (but kind and loyal) girl named Lynn. They both love to dance. While babysitting, they watch Dance T.V., a reality TV show about dancers, there's a contest where you could show off your dancing skills and whoever wins gets to be a regular on Dance T.V. Of course, Janey and Lynn wants to join the contest.. Janey asks her strict father to join, but he says no because she's too young. However, she rebels and joins anyways. She is then paired up with a boy who she falls in love with, and they both rehearse every day and night. That means ditching school and sneaking out of the house at night. Expect hilariousness, cheesiness, outdated things, and god-awful music and dancing! Parents: There is a bit of mild teen rebellion, very mild language (one mention of 'hell' and some name-calling), and girls shown in underwear and revealing dance outfits and a boy does a 'tune to Tokyo' joke to grab a girl's breasts. But any kid age 10 and up should be able to handle it, IMO. There really isn't any good messages and role models, but this movie is just supposed to be silly and taken lightly.
Parent Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

80's era!

if you grew up in the 80's then this is probably a good movie for you . unfortually i was born in 1985 and grew up in the 90's but i still iove this movie. its a movie basically for girls.the 80's was the best.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 101

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is a fine movie for kids 10+. Although...I really found the sexual content in this movie....bad! At one part, a guy grabs a girls breats! Some girls are shown in lingerie. Other than that, I found the movie very interesting. Definetly watch if your are 10 or older! Thanks for reading! :)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... September 2, 2011

cool movie

great movie love the 80's perfect movie oh yeah!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucas201 March 21, 2011

greatest!!!!!

i wanted to see this because shannen doherty was my age in the movie so i decided to rent it off netflix and i saw and it three times i just loved,i didnt want to send it back.
Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2010

great for tweens

Tis movie is about beliveing in yourself and sacrificeing things to capture your dream . this movie will make anyone who whatches want to dance and sing
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byCrunch03 January 6, 2010

Great for girls over 9.

Great for all girls when at the appropriate age to discuss bad decisions such as lying, sneaking out of the house, etc.
Kid, 9 years old September 2, 2009

its purfect for kids 9 to 13 and up

It is perfect for my kid! And my kids need to learn to not have to u know u know what. Well it was good anyway