Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Dance to the cheesy '80s beat with tweens and up.

Adult Written bydranaqueen June 22, 2014

i love this movie!

I love this movie! its so cool and puts ya in a great mood when ever ya watch it. Jonathon Sliver man is so cute in the movie. there is a funny part , The tune in Tokyo part but kids might not get that part unless you explain it to them. I told a little girl that part and we both laughed . but the dancing is amazing and the clothes and music is cool. I l love this movie so much!!!! yay!!!
Adult Written byMarieB 2 September 21, 2015

My 13 year old daughter really enjoyed it!

This was a very entertaining movie for my daughter and I to watch together. The only "uncomfortable" part was during a french kiss scene ~ I wish the tongue action would have been excluded.
Adult Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

80's era!

if you grew up in the 80's then this is probably a good movie for you . unfortually i was born in 1985 and grew up in the 90's but i still iove this movie. its a movie basically for girls.the 80's was the best.

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byCrunch03 January 6, 2010

Great for girls over 9.

Great for all girls when at the appropriate age to discuss bad decisions such as lying, sneaking out of the house, etc.
Parent of a 12 year old Written by[email protected] September 2, 2011

cool movie

great movie love the 80's perfect movie oh yeah!

Adult Written byjmberryhill88 April 9, 2008

Great 80's Dance Movie

This movie is a classic 80's movie full of great dancincing and music. Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt are AMAZING! A must see for every girl.
Adult Written bygoodgirl November 10, 2015

love this movie.

such 80's fun cool clothes dance moves and a very cute young Jonathon Silver man.

Adult Written byScofiel9 September 28, 2018

Fun movie with familiar 80’s sexual assault themes

I watched this movie as a kid and liked it. However, it wasn’t until I was an adult I noticed that many of these 80’s movies made light of sexual assault. If the ‘harmless’ or ‘geeky’ guy did it, it is funny. “Tune in Tokyo” is one example. I would have a discussion about consent before watching this movie.

Adult Written bydvdgirl January 6, 2019