All member reviews for Glory

Teen, 15 years old Written byCesy April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2011

Great movie bad language

I'm a huge civil war buff and i saw this when i was ten i disagree with the rating it was boreder line R There is blood seen in a bowl( its a medic tent) and you see te siloet a an amputation and lastly the all die and one man at the begining has his head blown off by a cannon. Sexual stuff not that bad. The language is pretty bad i think thats why it got its rating of R because they use the N word alot. Over all if you're one of the more mature people that can handle tear jerkers and blood than it is amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyellowbunny16 July 22, 2011

glory is epic but intense

glory is the first r rated movie iv seen. it has some gross parts but not a lot there is a scene where someones head is shot off and blood sprays onto the main characters face, and there is a scene where they are cutting someones leg but theres a curtain covering him while you hear him scream "dont cut it", the movie is very sad and touching, this is good for 15 and up.
Kid, 11 years old October 4, 2009

great movie

I thought it was a violent but touching story about the civil war
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 11, 2009

It's pretty good, though it inevitably comes short of the impossible standards it sets for itself.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJMigliazzo April 9, 2008

Great War Movie!!!!

This movie is a fantastic war movie, but it does have some violence and some swearing. In the beginning of the movie, a man gets shot with a rifle in the head and his head explodes in high detail and a lot of blood is shown... After that part, the violence isn't a big deal; but keep in mind this is a civil war movie, so there's a lot of shooting!! And for the swearing; the f-word is used once and the n-word is used a lot against black soildiers. Thats pretty much everything bad that goes on in this movie. I'd agree with CommonSense, i think 15 is about a good age for this movie... And MAYBE 13-14.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycowe192 March 7, 2009

Good!

A good movie. I saw this in class when studying the civil war, and we always made jokes about the guy who's head exploded.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygracenick2 April 9, 2008

Glory, best civil war movie

I was in my History class when we saw this film I thought it ill be just one more boring historic film but when the fill begin you can see, is a good film, sow I watch and liked sow much than now I’m here writing this review Glory is a good film, with a story of the Civil War where you really can enter on the history The film begin showing a combat where the young colonel is combating, who take you on the history, and after the tram begin when this colonel command the 54th regiment of Massachusetts because this regiment is composed by blacks voluntaries this cried a lot problems because of the racism An interesting thinks on the movie is when the colonel begins to look the black culture, this show the racism in the society because he is form a white family he didn’t now about the black culture. The colonel is to inexperient and have a lot trouble because of the racism, he work hard and after a long time he acquire the respect of the African American soldiers and he discover how to work with his “boss” to have for the 54th infantry what they need to go to the war, shoes… and convince they to dispatch them to the war to I recommend this film for people how like war movies, polemic (because of the racism), action, and tram.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Excellent indeed...

I saw this in eigth grade, so I was thirteen, on a field trip to Washington DC. I recently bought and rewatched it, and I can say that the movie really isn't that bad. There are only three battle scenes (briefly graphic occasionally, but it doesn't focus on being bloody), and the first two are pretty short and far between. Language depends on if you consider racial epithets to be offensive. There are probably twenty or more uses of the "n" word, but other than that, there's really only one "f" word and some minor cursing every now and then. Really, I think if it didn't have the racial slang, this movie would be PG-13 nowadays (it was made before that rating was invented). But if you enjoy war movies like "Saving Private Ryan" (though this is a lot less violent), or good dramas focusing on that time period, then I strongly suggest you watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook June 2, 2010

Good for mature teens

Before I begin, let me say, I watched the "Edited for Educational Purposes" version, which meant no gore (and the little blood we did see looked quite fake). My class seemed fine with the goreless battle scene, cracking jokes and all (and with all the violence in TV and video games, I'm sure most people would be fine), but there was one scene that made the whole class so quiet and shudder a bit. The whipping scene. It was horrible. I covered my eyes, but even the sound made me wince. The ending was pretty bad. You see a shot of two main character's dead bodies. Lots of racial language (such as ni--er). Apparently this is the only mostly-accurate civil war movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGuard Girl June 19, 2011

must watch if you are an American

first and formost the rating is so young beascuse this is one of the MOST immortent things to happen to america and cildern should know! it was not a fun place and that the world wasnt(isnt) nice and people have do and will die for you the ending and just threw out the movie can be sad (i did shed a tear or 2)
Teen, 13 years old Written byPea789 April 16, 2011

This is a fantastic must-see for history lovers. I watched it last year in history class and everyone loved it. its a very touching movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

An excellent war movie! It was a very powerful film with some great performances, and one of the most intense battle scenes I have ever watched. A great movie, some bloody violence (although it is brief for the most part) and language, but appropriate for teens and maybe even preteens.
Teen, 14 years old Written by!!Pride!! July 10, 2011

what it i learn and now from the movie GLORY!!!

hi i am am a 14 year old girl i am in 8th grade going on 9th grade i watch Glory in my History class i thought it was gonna be a boaring movie but it leaded me to whating to learn more allthought the language used in here is not for me. i think that this movie shows that i am lucky for my life and everything that these soldiers did for us are life just so we can be free and have a happy life thats why i think this is the best histrical movie that all history teachers from 8th grade and up should show so that the kids like me can now and learn that they are lucky they dont have a bad life they have a good life.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeebeeeee November 14, 2011

i seen in class i love it

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

ho guys of glory

i think this website is good and glory is also a very good movie for kids it taught me a lessona nd i am only nine years old.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 29, 2011

Very, very violent.

My rating: R for graphic and bloody war violence, brutality including bloody and disturbing images, and some language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydragongleem October 2, 2011

Wonderful!!

I think it is good for 12 BUT i am keeping in mind that they have seen violance and heard mild language the worst blood you see is at the begianing when a man gets his head blown off. it is a tear jerker and it tells how people can change and that people are people no matter what. I think that it is a must see but not for all yet.
Teen, 14 years old Written byChambear April 16, 2009

An important view of segregation in the Civil War

This film starring Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington and Matthew Brodrick showed the intensity and diversity of the Civil War in a realistic and sad way. This film cotains 1 gory scene of a soldier getting his head blown up, and all that is seen is a burst of blood, 1 f-word, pervasive use of the n-word, and the Scottish sergeant is cruel and sadistic to the African-American soldiers by whippings and cruel terms. So anyone 12 and up should view this compelling story of the 54th regiment of Massachusetts.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTAp0ut February 15, 2012

The best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!(((((((((((((((((:

its an amazing movie i watched it at school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(((: