All teen and kid member reviews for Glory

Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2011

Great movie bad language

I'm a huge civil war buff and i saw this when i was ten i disagree with the rating it was boreder line R There is blood seen in a bowl( its a medic tent) and you see te siloet a an amputation and lastly the all die and one man at the begining has his head blown off by a cannon. Sexual stuff not that bad. The language is pretty bad i think thats why it got its rating of R because they use the N word alot. Over all if you're one of the more mature people that can handle tear jerkers and blood than it is amazing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCesy April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bythundermuffin May 11, 2014

Amazing movie for older kids

We had to watch this movie in history class. This movie is absolutely amazing. I'm pretty sure this is the only movie that has ever made me cry, and I've seen Titanic and all the other famous tear-jerkers. It really brings the Civil War to life in a way you will never get from a textbook. Although it took a little bit of getting used to seeing our beloved Ferris Bueller as a Civil War colonel, Matthew Broderick played the part fantastically. It is violent, which is why it is rated R, but honestly it could have been a lot worse. There are a lot of other movies out there that are a lot more violent. Most of the violence is implied. For example, you would hear a shot and a soldier in battle would scream and fall to the ground. It wouldn't show all the blood and gore and details. However, there are a few instances where you do see blood splattered as a result of a blow to the head. But like I said before, it doesn't focus on it in detail. Also, the N-word is used a lot during the course of the movie. But, like my history teacher reminded us, this is an historical film and is meant to reflect the time period as best as possible. The word was commonly used back then, especially in the circumstances surrounding this film. Just make sure your child knows that the word is not socially acceptable in today's age. Bottom line, know your kid. Out of the 100 kids ages 15-16 that saw this in my school, no one had a problem with it, and everyone loved it. I was sobbing like a baby at the end of it (I won't spoil the ending). If you can handle the violence, it is probably one of the most eye-opening films I have ever seen. You can study the Civil War in textbooks as much as you want, but you won't get the true meaning of it unless you see this movie. It will bring you to tears to see what these men went through.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook June 2, 2010

Good for mature teens

Before I begin, let me say, I watched the "Edited for Educational Purposes" version, which meant no gore (and the little blood we did see looked quite fake). My class seemed fine with the goreless battle scene, cracking jokes and all (and with all the violence in TV and video games, I'm sure most people would be fine), but there was one scene that made the whole class so quiet and shudder a bit. The whipping scene. It was horrible. I covered my eyes, but even the sound made me wince. The ending was pretty bad. You see a shot of two main character's dead bodies. Lots of racial language (such as ni--er). Apparently this is the only mostly-accurate civil war movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written by!!Pride!! July 10, 2011

what it i learn and now from the movie GLORY!!!

hi i am am a 14 year old girl i am in 8th grade going on 9th grade i watch Glory in my History class i thought it was gonna be a boaring movie but it leaded me to whating to learn more allthought the language used in here is not for me. i think that this movie shows that i am lucky for my life and everything that these soldiers did for us are life just so we can be free and have a happy life thats why i think this is the best histrical movie that all history teachers from 8th grade and up should show so that the kids like me can now and learn that they are lucky they dont have a bad life they have a good life.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTAp0ut February 15, 2012

The best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!(((((((((((((((((:

its an amazing movie i watched it at school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(((:
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 11, 2009

It's pretty good, though it inevitably comes short of the impossible standards it sets for itself.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyellowbunny16 July 22, 2011

glory is epic but intense

glory is the first r rated movie iv seen. it has some gross parts but not a lot there is a scene where someones head is shot off and blood sprays onto the main characters face, and there is a scene where they are cutting someones leg but theres a curtain covering him while you hear him scream "dont cut it", the movie is very sad and touching, this is good for 15 and up.
Kid, 11 years old October 4, 2009

great movie

I thought it was a violent but touching story about the civil war
Teen, 13 years old Written bycowe192 March 7, 2009

Good!

A good movie. I saw this in class when studying the civil war, and we always made jokes about the guy who's head exploded.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrainwolf_thunder June 22, 2015

Beautiful movie

Great movie that is a masterpiece to watch while at ℛ we say we time has lots of educational value about the Civil War and African-American segregation. There are obviously violent scenes, but I think the most iffy for any squeamish kid would be a scene at the beginning showing glimpses of a Civil War hospital, and obviously there is death and war scenes. The film is very moving and I remember crying at the end. Touching masterpiece great to watch with your family, movies like this help create well rounded individuals.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNicky12345 May 7, 2014

Great Movie

This movie isn't so bad. There is violence (obvi), and some swearing. I had to see this movie in my history class and it was great. The ending was extremely sad because the entire regiment pretty much dies, but they all die in a symbolic way as heroes.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2012

Favorite movie

Best movie I've ever seen. I watched it at 11 years old. If you are kind of disgusted by gore (like me), then you may not like a few of the parts (one man's head gets blown off, men have their legs/arms amputated). Few scenes have bad language like "the "f" word", but it's not too bad. 11-year-olds and up would enjoy this movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

Teens of all ages will love this movie

Even though glory is outdated, it still has plenty of gore. In the first battle scene, a cannon hits someones head and explodes. then in the hospital soldiers are beaten up and bloodied. then you can hear soldiers scream as they gets their legs amputated, but it isn't shown. In the movie african americans are called racist name. they even use the n word. My MPAA rating: R for disturbing images and language
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

Fantastic but also very violent war movie

My MPAA rating is PG-13 for intense brutal war violence, mature thematic material and brief strong language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeebeeeee November 14, 2011

i seen in class i love it

Teen, 13 years old Written bydragongleem October 2, 2011

Wonderful!!

I think it is good for 12 BUT i am keeping in mind that they have seen violance and heard mild language the worst blood you see is at the begianing when a man gets his head blown off. it is a tear jerker and it tells how people can change and that people are people no matter what. I think that it is a must see but not for all yet.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 29, 2011

Very, very violent.

My rating: R for graphic and bloody war violence, brutality including bloody and disturbing images, and some language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGuard Girl June 19, 2011

must watch if you are an American

first and formost the rating is so young beascuse this is one of the MOST immortent things to happen to america and cildern should know! it was not a fun place and that the world wasnt(isnt) nice and people have do and will die for you the ending and just threw out the movie can be sad (i did shed a tear or 2)
Teen, 13 years old Written byPea789 April 16, 2011

This is a fantastic must-see for history lovers. I watched it last year in history class and everyone loved it. its a very touching movie!