All member reviews for Gnomeo & Juliet

Hilarious and Appropriate!

Two words... LOVE IT!!
Kid, 7 years old February 21, 2011

Hilarious

I think it is pretty awesome because it is hilarious! And it is fun because the gnomes are funny!
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

BRILLIANT MOVIE!

It's really good, and I know everyone is saying it's rubbish and innapropriate, but me and my brother and his friend really enjoyed this, there was a lot of laughs, and although sad at some points, they really enjoyed it and so do I. Alot of parents below are complaining about the gnome in the borat style bikini however to be quite frank, it's just the same as seeing a girl in a bikini when you go to the beach, and this is just making the kids laugh.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 March 11, 2011

Not really great for little kids

For someone my age, it was a cute movie! However, the movie shouldn't be for kids. There are near death experiences for Gnomeo a couple of times and Juliet, too, which might scare little kids. However, some grown ups might enjoy it because it has music from Elton John!
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2011

WHY DO THEY HAVE DOTO IZ FIGHT ????????? WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2011

Geatest movie ever

I loved the movie so much
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

it was pretty good actually

I usually find kid movies pointless and boring, but i kind of liked this one. It has a little bit of violence, but nothing too bad. I recommend it to ages 7-10.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGraceIsSunshine April 2, 2011

I saw this movie on a date with my boyfriend (we are both 13) and I can honestly say we both really liked it. Juliet is a good role model throughout the movie by being strong and not letting anything stop her from doing what's right. It was a somewhat educational movie considering the fact that Shakespeare was evident in places throughout the movie which is definitely a plus. Overall it was really funny and we enjoyed it (:
Teen, 13 years old Written byhorsemaniac2 February 1, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!

Loved it so I would surely recommend this movie for kids 4+
Teen, 15 years old Written byRapstartswithC September 20, 2011

Okay; ??able

Good, but a few "squeemish" parts involving innuendo; a (frog) charactor lays on a layer of rose pedals, which are also laid over her "sensative" body parts. The same froggy-character uses questionable phrases, including "Junk in the trunk" and "You look hot!". LANGUAGE: There is one use of d****.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 22, 2011

Its a good movie though a 5 year olds and under would probaly cry when a gnome breaks.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

Tense G Rated Family Film

I do have to say the violence was a little tense for a G rating. There was also a use of the d word, but I can never find where it is. There is still a cuss word in a G rated movie! Even "stupid" is-believe-it-or-not a little tense for G.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 June 8, 2011

Gnomeo & Juliet

The only reason I watched this was because somebody said *Scott Pilgrim* was terrible (it's not), and said this was great. I was about to insult this movie, and thought it might be a bit harsh without watching it. So I watched it, and I gues I was wrong. It was actually quite amusing, and enjoyable for all ages. Some mild violence (eg a gnome smashing another's hat), and there was a dog that may scare littlens.
Kid, 8 years old May 27, 2011

Should be PG

I think this movie should be a PG because there are some sad moments. I almost cried. The two scenes I almost cried was when Gnomeo looks like that he got crushed by a truck and when it looks like Gnomeo and Juliet had died by a gigantic lawn mower but good messages and role models. Of course sex and one use of loser.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvpie555 February 17, 2011

stupid stuff

This movie is very cute. I think kids will like this a lot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 18, 2011

Fun & adorable!!! :D

I don't get some of the hate. I thought this movie was really fun! And no, it's not a ripoff of Toy Story, it's something totally different. It's a gnome version of Romeo & Juliet! There is some violence throughout the movie, mostly because the the Red and Blue gnomes are mortal enemies. Some characters do get smashed, but there is no deaths. Eventually, the gnomes settle their differences and become friends. I really thought this was a great movie! Very great for the family.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Good for "G" rating.

The language is one problem that makes this movie kind of iffy but it's not iffy or off. It's a bright, colorful, cute, friendly, positive movie. I was cheering for blue team. Gnomes getting into fight's isn't really violent because they're made of plastic and plastic toys like gnomes coming to life and fighting and doing fake violence is not violent. Just the part when one blue gnome got a big dangerous lawn mower that may scare little kids when it is about to harm juliet or the part when the red gnome, Oh crude, I forget what is but he was a red gnome and he crashed into a brick wall and broke into little crystals in one scene and the part when the Gnomes thought Gnomeo died but he was actually still alive. But the Dog captured him which bothers some kids. Anyway it was really funny and I loved it!
Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2011

i liked knomeo and juliet but i would not see it again

it is a bit violent when the red knomes and the blue knomes fight
Kid, 10 years old August 4, 2011

GandJ Good movie

I really like this one!
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet

Gnomeo and Juliet is a fun take on the classic Shakespearean play. As in Romeo and Juliet, two people (in this case gnomes) put aside a long-lasted family feud for love. One gnome is smashed, and another's hat is smashed (even though they were the mean ones). This was slow at the beginning, though it picked up as it progressed.