Kid reviews for God's Not Dead

Earnest faith-based drama is heavy on dogma.

Teen, 13 years old Written byiheartwriting June 30, 2016

Inspirational

God's Not Dead is a truly beautiful story in my personal opinion. It has a wonderful message that teaches you to stand up for your faith even in the most difficult situations. This really was a learning experience for me and it inspired me. The reason I put 13+ is because there is some violence including physical contact such as slapping and a few more violent acts. There are some scenes that are definitely extremely intense, especially for the more sensitive audience. All in all this was an awe inspiring and uplifting film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPlissken January 25, 2016

This moving is amazing!

God's Not Dead is by far one of my all-time favorite movies. The main character, Josh Wheaton (played by Shane Harper), is extremely brave in standing up for his faith against his hard-core liberal, atheist professor. The movie addresses many issues including evolution and the Big Bang theory. It also explains many reasons why people reject God. Overall, this is a must-see. Please watch it! It's definitely worth your time.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycallofduty6 December 29, 2015

Great Christian Movie!!

God's not Dead is a great Christian movie. Josh stands up to Professor Radisson when he makes everyone sign a paper saying God doesn't exist. Josh being a Christian refuses to sign it and is challenged to a debate. There are some scary parts but nothing too gory. There is no swearing although there is some mild social drinking at a party and Josh and his girlfriend mildly kiss each other on the cheek but nothing else.

Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2015

Okay, but too much violence...

I think that God's Not Dead should be rated ages 11 and up. I think so because there's too much violence and the story is very obvious and just a waste of time. Not a good movie for little children to watch. People should consider that more strictly because little kids just walk into a theater and watch the movie that's too violent for them. I think it should be rated PG-13.

Teen, 14 years old Written byadriana1295 April 5, 2015

Amazing movie!!

I absolutely loved this movie because it has such a great message and is very inspirational

Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2015

For All Christians

This is a movie that is Christians only. It makes athiests look very bad. I'm a Christians, watched this and was amazed. It's not all that violent, but there is a atheist getting hit by a car right before being saved, and a girl who's Muslum father throws out of the house forever. There is also a scene of the main character breaking p with his girlfriend. I enjoyed this movie. This is a very clean movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysarahcronin92203 January 13, 2015

an okay movie

this movie was okay. i got a little bored about half way through but loved the debate. i thought the death at the end was a little graphic but other wise the movie was pretty good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams January 5, 2015

Wonderful movie.

I saw this movie with my Church's Youth Group. We all loved it. It had a great plot, nice acting, and I loved everything about. I also love the song God's Not Dead. It has great guitar playing, beautiful lyrics, and perfect lyrics.
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2014

It was really good!

It was a great movie, but a few scenes were too violent for younger viewers. I would say it would be best for ages 11 and up.
The overall message of the movie was great too.

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2014

The best Christian movie ever!

Very,very good and encouraging. I'm surprised to see that guy from Good Luck Charlie to act in a Christian movie. Anyway I love this movie, enjoy it!
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2014

God's NOT dead he's SURELY alive!

AMAZING movie!This is a movie that has no bad words.Some of the words might be big for some kids.This movie is teaching childen that God's not dead.So the guy was in a philosophy class and his teacher said to write on a piece of paper God's dead and someone said I can't I am a christian.The Newsboys and a man and woman(Husand and Wife) from Duck Dynasty were in the movie(famous people).I noticed that the boyfriend of Teddy from Good Luck Charlie was in it too.Faith in God!PLEASE watch this movie.ENJOY!

Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2014
I don't really see the big deal about the movie. It wasn't bad. Shane Harper was good, but Kevin Sorbo was brilliant as the professor. He was the only person that gave a good performance in the movie. Like what I said, it's not bad, but could've been way better

Teen, 17 years old Written byWestingame May 13, 2014

Very Impressed

I went to see this movie the first week it came out and was greatly impressed with it. The movie sends out a great message about standing up for what you believe in even when you are the only one. There are some people in the movie that I thought were really good role models, such as the pastor and the missionary who came to visit. There was no swearing and I cannot recall any sexual scenes in it besides the possibility of a married couple briefly kissing. There was a scene at a dinner where adults were drinking wine with there food and at the end, someone did get hit by a car, but there was little to no gore, if I can recall. The plot line was extremely good, though younger kids might get confused during the debates held at the college. I would highly recommend this movie to pretty much anyone.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysugarbear210 April 23, 2014

Great movie, some violence

This is a great movie that lets the true meaning of trusting God shine through! However, there are some violent/emotional scenes that some kids might not be ready for.

Teen, 17 years old Written byZaneW April 16, 2014

God's Not Dead

This is a great movie for all families to see. It offers a great story, well acted, and a great message for parent, teens and kids. This is a must see film.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 13, 2014

My God's not dead, he's surely alive!

Amazing movie! This is a good story, had funny bits and no offensive content at all! I said 8 and up because it's probably a little boring for younger children, but don't worry about them seeing it, it's appropriate.