All member reviews for Godzilla

Kid, 8 years old March 22, 2015

everything in this movie is good... but not the lighting

The movie is great. I think you should at least be ten years old to watch this movie. godzilla crushes everything. In one scene they show godzilla breath fire into another monsters mouth (I think that's inappropiate for kids around 8.) 5 things to know about this movie... 1. Godzilla is the good guy 2. The movie is violent and may be scary to people younger then 10 3. The special effects are crazy good 4. They need better lighting for the movie because you can have trouble seeing what they do 5. There is a sequel to this movie coming out in 2018 if you liked this movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 March 14, 2015

Decent Sci-Fi monster action-thriller

With the exception of the soundtrack and special effects, there is nothing super amazing about this film. But these are very special effects, and this film should have got onto the nominee list for the 2014 Oscar for special effects, not winter soldier! I call this decent because it is, from 2/3rds of the way through, highly predictable, the humans are dull, and it is obviously trying to be the next 'Independence Day'. Still, thrilling enough, at least for the first viewing. Final Score: 5/10: Average
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2015

Awesome

I loved it it was pretty good a bit hard to understand at first but I got in in the end
Teen, 14 years old Written byWhalelover1000 November 15, 2014

Godzilla is great, but may be too intense for most kids.

Godzilla has it all, brilliant CGI, great acting, suspense, and of course, Godzilla himself! But as great as the film is, it could a bit intense sometimes for some kids. - Violence: There is a brief scene of a tsunami crashing over Hawaii (caused by Godzilla's arrival). Godzilla briefly destroys a bridge containing buses full of children (nobody is killed or hurt in any way). Godzilla and the MUTOs battle in huge clashes (there is huge battle between towards the end) Cities are destroyed by the MUTOs. There is also explosions, peril, and a few jump scare scenes. Bodies are strewn about after a MUTO attack. Monsters squash humans as they are nothing but ants. Spoiler Alert: Two minor characters die, both deaths are a bit upsetting. - Sex: Ford and Elle briefly kiss passionately-- they are interrupted by a phone call. That is just about it. - Language: sh-t is used a few times. - Drinking and Drugs: Ford and Elle drink a glass of wine in one scene. Overall, I recommend this movie for kids 10 and up. And not only is this movie thrilling and exciting, but it is perfect for all Godzilla fans.
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2014

A good, if slightly disappointing, disaster flick

A town in Japan is demolished, famous cities (Paris, Las Vegas etc) are destroyed by Godzilla
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byironkid21 October 2, 2014

First off, I have not seen any of the original Godzilla's (unless 5 minutes of Roland Emmerich's one count) but after watching this, I'm really tempted to. This reimagining of iconic fan favorite Godzilla is anything but low on thrills. While many have noted the little screen time of Godzilla and found the main protagonist's bland, I feel the need to disagree. I found the build up to Godzilla saving the day and proving his innocence great, especially when it finally happens, and I was fully invested in all of the human characters and their journey for survival. This also leads me into another highlight, Bryan Cranston's performance. Cranston puts as much courageous, scarred, fearful, heartbroken emotions into the character of Joe Brody possible reminding us why "Malcom In The Middle" and "Breaking Bad' were such hits with viewers. While the other performances don't have as big of an impact, they're still really good! But there is something that happens somewhere in the movie that doesn't really get the impact that it deserved. Otherwise, Godzilla is a smash!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 16, 2014

Visually effected remake has plenty of violence+thrills.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action,language,drug references and gunplay
Teen, 13 years old Written byklassykinksgal September 16, 2014

Brilliant But Not For Young Kids

The movie was very very entertaining but I would say it is not suitable for kids 5-6 and under. The movie's content shows what kids would call "monsters" and it's no secret that they may wake up the next day crying from a nightmare. But overall it is one of my new favorite movies!
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2014

Not that scary, unless you're a car :p

not that scarry except for intense epic stuff
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarvster5 September 3, 2014

INCREDIBLE

I waited for this movie for 5 Years. And I got what I deserved. But some parts are sad, or disturbing. But not too much. And Godzilla is a good Role Model. Stand up to Bullies.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2014

Hes back!

Godzilla comes back BIG! This movie is quite intense, and will most likely frighten kids! I saw it with my 7 year old brother (NOTE: He has seen Hunger games and all the HP movies, so he's used to action) and he was fine. Some language throughout. The main hero's are great, one man even risks his life many times to help others, and in the end SPOILER Godzilla comes through, and saves the city (after causing some major damage...)
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2014

Monster and Military Violence.

Not what I expected at all. There is a weird line between people vs. monsters and monsters vs. monsters. The story is a little uneven but sure to keep teens and preteens entertained although the themes and amount of destruction make it completely inappropriate for anyone under 8 although this is a good choice (and the best Godzilla movie so far) for 10 and up. MPAA rating: PG-13 for Intense sequences of creature violence and destruction.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2014

Omg this is NOT scary

This is not scary.I mean, who's scared of some giant lizard?It would only be scary for LITTLE KIDS.Otherwise,its ok.In fact, its really interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 25, 2014

Solid remake

I saw Godzilla with my dad and the story in the movie is fine, so don't believe the negetive reviews about it. Little kids will be scared by the very loud roars of the monsters in it. Besides that, their is not a ton of language but still some and the violence isn't too bad, but it is still rated pg 13 for a reason. Ford is a good role model and is trying to do the right thing in the movie and save lives so it has goodpoints. Overall 12 and up should be fine with it, unless they really dont like loud noises
Teen, 14 years old Written byShamurocks July 17, 2014

Amazing monster comeback might be too much for little kids.

This movie was amazing. But remember there still are some that could have your kids frightened. First of all the roars are VERY LOUD (with Godzilla's roar being THE LOUDEST). Also ( FEW SPOILERS) Godzilla and the MUTOs fight. While doing so, they wreck some buildings (Nobody is shown inside the building). And there are plenty of jump scenes throughout the movie. The MUTOs can be very frightening sometimes with both their appearance and violent, wrecking behavior. Two main characters die. The MUTOs also stomp on humans as if they are nothing but ants. Some scenes (including roars) can be very loud. Also two characters kiss in one scene. Two character also kiss dirty (close to having sex) briefly but are interrupted by a phone call. Two characters kiss again in the end. Now, language. The word "sh*t" is said a couple of times. "D*mn it" and "bull" is said once. On the positive side, Ford Brody is a great role model. He takes care of a kid seperated from his family (-SPOILER- the boy reunites with his family later on). He is also willing to risk his life for others. And the movie also has some messages about not to mess with nature. Just be careful about this one. Let the younger ones see Maleficent instead.
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2014

Refreshing take of popular monster franchise.

Going in to this movie, my only hope was that it wouldn't suck as bad as Roland Emmerich's Godzilla over a decade ago. Thankfully, it didn't. This movie was springily entertaining, although Godzilla has about 20 minutes of screen time. Parents can expect a definite amount of violence and destruction, however little blood. Early in the movie a man watches his wife die in a terrible accident, he is impacted significantly by the event. One monster battles Godzilla, toppling buildings and smashing cars. Kids could be afraid of the constant suspense and monster violence, possibly because half the time, it's kids who are screaming and running for their lives when Godzilla rampages through the city. Language is very little and never goes about a couple instances of "s**t." There is some minor social drinking, and beyond a couple of kisses shared between a married couple, there is no sexual content. Altogether, Godzilla is an entreating take of the popular monster franchise that was founded in Japan. It could defiantly be compared to the summer 2013 film "Pacific Rim." It's little sexual content and language, make this movie appropriate for Godzilla junkies who can handle some violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHihihi78787 July 7, 2014

Godzilla

In my opinion I think this is appropriate for 10 and up. Because when I saw it it didn't have to much blood and there were great role models in this movie. But people did die, get hurt, or made it out without a scratch and the main character risked his life for much more so I do think it is appropriate for 10 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 June 15, 2014

This could've been so much better

The trailers for this movie were amazing, and I had godzilla as one of my most anticipated movies of the year. I'll tell you this, it was a major disappointment. The movie itself wasn't that bad, but you had to sit through about an hour of human drama before getting to the title character. And a little spoiler here, the two other monsters in the movie really took away from what I was excited for, Godzilla himself! Not a terrible movie but not what was expected. Best for 11+ because of the large scale destructive violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoloswag12 June 7, 2014

It has returned.....

Fun and entertaining movie with amazing special effects and a good story. An amazing remake of the the 54' and 98's one. Some heavy violence and disaster and peril though. Best to watch in 3D!