All member reviews for Gone Baby Gone

Deeply affecting crime thriller for grownups.

Not yet rated
Adult Written bymaria1225 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

A fascinating, heartwrenching crime drama that brings up difficult moral questions and doesn't offer any easy answers. It's a dark and often disturbing movie, but a great one. I think this was really overlooked at the Oscars and Golden Globes.
Adult Written bydeevacath April 9, 2008

It was a crazy movie, some freaky parts, but still awesome.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAmR April 9, 2008

Very very good

I saw this movie opening weekend with my dad, and it was fantastic. I don't want to ruin the movie, but I'll just say that you really have to think about the decisions the characters make. Were they right or wrong? Younger kids won't understand the depth in the movie. I gave it a "yellow" in Social Behavior because the film can be very debatable, and I think it depends who's watching the movie, their personal decision, and how they take the way the storyline goes. Overall, Gone Baby Gone is a must see for older teens and up.
Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

Incredible movie

I wasn't too sure I wanted to see this movie. I basically just watched it because it got great reviews, and because I like Casey Affleck. But...wow. This is a great movie. The storyline, the characters...and the ending completely shocked me. Violence is definitely an issue. A lot of violence is shown, and violence toward children is implied. Language is a big issue, too. Plenty of f-words, and many, many more. I think it was definitely appropriately rated R. Obviously, it's not for kids, but I'd highly recommend it to anyone over the age of 16.