All teen and kid member reviews for Good Night, and Good Luck

Not yet rated
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaesar_12219 April 9, 2008
This is one of the best movies that I have seen in a long time. It accurately and rivetingly portrays the sense of fear and oppresion that surrounded the McCarthy era, further accentuating the bravery of Edward Murrow and his crew. Artistically filmed in black and white, the film seems somehow "cleaner", no artificial hustle and bustle to detract from the actual plot of the movie. It also displays the darker part of the media's influence. A great friend of Murrow depressed by constant critisism of him in the New York Times, is finally driven to despair and suicide, including a very moving scene of him sitting in his living room with the gas turned on. From the high points to the low, the story is one of bravery courage, and the true power of the media, artfully rendered, beautifully acted, and masterfully directed.
Teen, 15 years old Written byswruler April 9, 2008

Great movie

I'm a huge film buff, but I'm not afraid to admit that old movies DO bore me. Not all of them, I loved Psycho, Touch of Evil, etc. but some of them (especially the black and white ones) just make me feel tired. This movie is filmed just like an old movie, probably because movies were old (and in black and white) when this film took place. But I found it interesting (once you got into it) and a great historical peace to talk to your children about when they're, say, 11 (if they find it interesting, which few will) Although the movie features extensive smoking, you've got to hand it to Clooney: he made a movie that only some teens and adults are interested in, and he got it a PG rating, and no sex or violence even though he easily could have done that and gotten an R rating. We need more people like that in Hollywood.

see it.

"this is not for kids to see its for adlut or for teens only." I'm wondering what makes you say that...whatever, it's not true. Although most kids 9 or younger won't find this interesting, certainly some will (I would), and it's appropiate for mature kids 6 and up. It's fantastically filmed and very interesting, especially if you're interested in politics. I didn't get all of the references because I wasn't fully grounded in Communist history yet, but I still got the gist of the story. There's smoking, but c'mon, that was normal in that time period and honestly, without the cigarettes the movie wouldn't have been nearly the same.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieBuffMan123 April 9, 2008

very well made and intellectual

great movie but you would have to be a politics lover to under stand the concept and villain, any one who says that taking someone down with force is the only answer is horribly mistaken