All member reviews for Good Will Hunting

Moving story of brilliant, troubled youth for older teens.

Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2014

A MASTERPIECE!!!!!!

a must see!!! , a fantastic movie
Educator Written bysimpleseth August 19, 2014

An Amazing Masterpiece!

If parents are concerned by the content, the only thing I would say is the frequent amount of strong language. Other than that, it's worth a watch!
Kid, 9 years old May 18, 2014

would be better with less language

they say the f-word a lot about 150 times and will talks about sex alot
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2014

The best

Great inspiring story
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2013

Brilliant Movie.

I am 12 years old, and the first time I watched this movie was last year. I absolutely adored it, and It's probably one of my favourite movies. It is beautifully done, and Damon and Williams' are brilliant in it. There is much swearing in it, but who cares about that, because in the end it is up to your child to use their own common sense and decide if they want to swear or not. I wouldn't be too cautious about that. Messages are hidden and concealed within this movie, so, I'd say it's only for the more mature kids who can handle such intense things as this. A gorgeous movie full of thought and wonder. I recommend to all adults and some children.
Parent Written byBeatrix Kiddo-Orteza October 3, 2013

INSPIRING, EXCELLENT. But watch out for seriously strong language.

Inspiring. Almost all characters are role models. Children can learn about what happens to the 'less fortunate' people. Although, the f-bombs and sexual references are spread throughout. 14+
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse August 9, 2013

Very real, moving, wonderful, film

This was a fantastic film that deserved every Oscar for which it was nominated. I loved it. I found that well there was lots of swearing, it portrayed the kind of life this kid lived. There was a lot of fighting, with a scene of bloodied faces and beating up. In one scene, Will was yelling at his girlfriend and said to her that his foster parents had put out cigarettes on him and he also said that he had been stabbed. In a scene near the end Will was shown with lots of bruises from abuse. He also said that his foster dad told him to pick a wrench, belt, or stick to be abused with. The violence was very real. Although, Matt Damon did really well with his performance. His character seemed very real, like the kind of person you would see wandering the streets. The film was FANTASTIC.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 19, 2013

One of Damon's best performances

Keep this one away from kids, the language is non-stop and will detract them from the beautiful story that lies within this film, about realizing potential and breaking out of the box. It's really Damon and Williams' movie of course, and the Academy clearly agreed with me! Their chemistry is superb, and a joy to watch as the minutes fly by and you wonder if Will really can just drop his charade and embrace what life's given him.
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2013

Great Movie With Good Messages But Not For Kids Who Aren't Ready

I'm an 11 year old, but I'm extremely mature for my age.I was sick recently and my mom and dad said this was a good movie. I watched it, and even though it was rough and I wouldn't recommend it for kids not ready, I loved it. The story is great, there are good actors and it's actually pretty funny. This is one of my favorite movies, and while I wouldn't recommend it for the average kid my age, if you are a parent and think your child can handle swear words (a lot xD) and drinking then I'd say this is an excellent movie which has a great message which is crucial to todays society with all of the kids walking around trying to be "ghetto" and whatever.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski September 10, 2012

Excellent film for teens and adults

This is a great movie about a mathematical genius, with the intellect to solve any problems, except the ones in his past. Even though the ending is fairly predictable, the performances by the lead actors are superb. Hollywood just doesn't make enough of these kinds of original, heartfelt, but entertaining films. Most parents will be able to watch this with their teens. There is some violence, foul language and drinking, but this is the reality for many young men living and working in South Boston. This one is definitely a must see movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 2, 2011

this is a great movie there is quite a a bit of language but its not to bad there is also some brief crude diolauge younger kids wouldn't really understand.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Coming of age movie

There's a bit of language. There's also sex themes in there. Not for younger kids or preteens. I think older teens will enjoy this movie. It's a coming of age movie about finding one's self in the face of pain and challenges. Got drinking, too.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Good Adult Movie

This movie makes you feel for the characters. Great mature movie.