All member reviews for Goodfellas

Teen, 17 years old Written byGoodFellas1223 April 14, 2011

Good movie. Ages 13+ if your kids have a thick skin and are not sensitive, they can handle it.

GoodFellas is my favorite movie. GoodFellas is very violent, portrays every Italians as a mobster, im 100 percent Italian and im 13, i think 13 and above can watch this. Excellent movie. Expose your children to this kind of stuff early in life, they grow a nice thick skin on them. Great movie, sit down, Watch it with you or one more person, the more people that your with, the more distracting. Watch it at night. when your not tired. Enjoy, Prepare yourself for the best movie ever
Teen, 13 years old Written byVictorfilth818 August 31, 2010

Awesome film enough said
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaptainFilmz7 February 28, 2009

Fabulous Movie, not for kids

Goodfellas was a fantastic mob movie! Very similar to the entire Godfather Trilogy, but WAY more explicit. The mobsters murder their enemies constantly, the main character becomes dependent on cocaine, and women are treated horribly. Overall though, if you can handle this movie with maturity, you should be fine. This was a great movie, don't get me wrong.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 11, 2012

Martin Scorsese is a legend.

I definitely would not let my kid see it too Lol,@Entropy.This was one heck of a job.Epic work,Martin Scorsese!This movie completely had me.Amazing film.If you want to see it now,go to Amazon and buy it.
Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2011

great movie!

Great movie! Rating r for some strong brutal bloody violence, pervasive language, drug use throughout, and some sexual references.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

Over 10

It's a terrible film
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares July 19, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

Good if somehwat overrated, Martin Scorsese here sacrifices emotional form for technical mastery, and it works.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLedZepFan98 June 11, 2012

for 15 and up

Lots of Violence Profanity and Drug Use
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdam K May 28, 2012

Fantastic Epic

Whilst it is the best gangster film ever made, it is filled to the brim with violence and the worst swearing in a non-documentary film ever. I saw it when I was 13. However I am more mature than most for my age and could take it. The film contains the second highest number of F-words in motion picture history, falling only behind a documentary focusing on the word itself. There is extreme violence, drug abuse and each and every one of the characters, whilst brilliantly created, acted and directed by Scorcese, is a terrible role model, and some are even psychopaths. Despite this, it remains one of the greatest films ever made. I attempted to watch it when I was 8, and was promptly stopped. I'm glad I did, I would not want an 8 year old me watching this film.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 12, 2011

good movie

Good mafia style movie. My rating: Some brutal violence, pervasive language, brief sexual content, and drug use.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest July 31, 2011

really

really common sense media they even show us that movie in history and that was in grade 8!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2011

Brilliant gangster film not as bad as some, but still bad

Excellent movie with great acting from Robert Deniro
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2010

Very violent, but also very good.

Goodfellas is a verry good, interesting, well made gangster film. I enjoyed every bit of it. I would rate it R for Strong Brutal Violence,pervasive language,sexual content and drug use.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviebuff28 July 1, 2010

Utterly amazing

I can't even start to describe how powerful this movie is. This is one of the best movies in cinema history and is my favorite movie that I have or will ever see. This is a perfect portrait of the exteremly violent lifestyle that this movie so accruratley shows. The acting is amazing and the story makes you feel like you are right there with Ray Liotta and his fellow mobsters. Joe Pesci is star of this film. He brings to life his role and I could not help but crack up hearing his lines and dropping several F- bombs in his signature voice. I think this movie is epic in every way. The message is strong and amazing. It shows a young Ray Liotta as he enjoys being a mobster and loves the life of freedom. In the middle he becomes a drug addict and then he goes into the FBI protection program. What you can get from this is that crime does not pay. This is very violent, several stabbings, shootings and beatings. Language is non-stop and drug use is explicit. 5 out of 5, a masterpiece. Cheers, moviebuff28
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed May 9, 2010

So Intense, So Fantastic, So Not For Kids

Goodfellas is definitely among the greatest movies ever made. Everything about it is pure poetry. Absolutely a masterpiece, is not to be missed... by adults. I'm not going to absolutely forbid this for older teens, because I saw it and it didn't bother me too much, but I am going to say that the R rating means business here. Violence is at the forefront of the film. The first thing you see is three gangsters opening up a car trunk with a struggling victim inside then brutally stabbing and shooting him to death, and from there it only stays violent. Numerous beatings, shootings, and all their disturbing aftermaths are shown prominently on camera. The sex isn't quite as bad as the violence, but it is still there. There are a few close-ups of a married couple initiating foreplay, as well as an implied offscreen fellatio (the camera changes scenes as the woman goes down and unzips the man's fly) between that same couple. Adultery is considered a part of the mob lifestyle and there are a few uses of sexually charged phrases such as "bang this broad." The language is extraordinarily foul, even though it is accurate. Easily over 100 uses of f--k and all its variants (Joe Pesci's character, Tommy, has an especially foul mouth). Numerous uses of other, more minor swear words like s--t, d-mn, g-dd-mn, hell, d--k, pr-ck, and a few others. Drugs are all over the half of the movie. Massive piles and bags of cocaine are displayed. Henry and one of his girlfriends both snort cocaine as well... a lot. As far as messages go, they couldn't be worse. The mob life is glorified throughout the entire movie, and, needless to say, this life involves bribery, extortion, murder, theft, assault, usury, adultery, and numerous other unsavory things. The role models, needless to say, are some of the worst I've seen in any movie. Tommy is an out of his mind, hot headed, brutal murderer. At one point in the movie, he shoots someone brutally and suddenly after the victim tells Tommy to go f--k himself. Jimmy, by contrast, is just a cold blooded killer. He murders and tortures with a cold detachment that will send chills down your spine. Henry, while not as brutal as Tommy or Jimmy, is no role model, himself. He is also a murderer as well as a drug dealer/abuser. Henry also hits his wife occasionally. Overall, this movie is morally reprehensible and not okay for children. However, adults and older teens should not miss out on this. Goodfellas is everything a movie should be.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy October 19, 2009

Extremely Violent, Not for kids.

Goodfellas was one of the best mob films ever made! However there is a ton of violence, an insane amount of language, they all cheat on their wives and abuse them, heck, the main character is a coke addict for god's sake. Although I love this movie, I know if I had kids I would not let them watch it.
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2014

This is crap!

bad language bloody and bad refrences to jews even though this happened in the 50s stop talking bad about jews bad they gone thorugh enough in the 40s by the nazis from ww2 6 million killed that is not godly this movie is for 21 and up in age
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsrainingfrogs July 14, 2014

Gangster masterpiece by the gangster master Martin Scorsese

Easily Scorsese's best film and one of the best gangster movies of all time, Goodfellas is follows New York kid Henry Hill and his close friends Jimmy Conway and Tommy DeVito through the 50s, 60s, and 70s and their life in the mafia. One of the greatest movies of all time, boasting great film techniques, a great soundtrack, and great lead performances by Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro, and Joe Pesci. Sex: None. Some kissing. Violence: Fairly mild, with only a few notably violent scenes. A man is beaten, and later stabbed and shot. This scene is shown twice. A man is shot in the foot and later killed. A montage scene shows several bloody dead bodies being discovered. A man is shot in the head. Language: Frequent strong language, mostly by Joe Pesci. Substance Abuse: Constant smoking and drinking. Later in the film, the protagonist becomes a cocaine addict/dealer. Intensity: Several suspenseful sequences. The beating/murder is the only intense scene of violence in the film.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygabrie626 July 9, 2014

You've got to understand that this is a movie based on the Mafia!

The language that some (most) of the characters use are swear words - but I thought Tommy swore the most, the others were fine. I mean it's not like you haven't here the f word before? Not as sexual as I thought, (thank god). A bit of kissing here and there - no nudity though. Quite violent but you have to remember that the director wants you to really get an image of what these 'mafia people' were like - and this movie captures it really well. These characters are horrible thieves. BUT, the movie is lighten by true mafia/Italian humor and they show that family is important - they do everything with their families! That's a part that I loved. Also the way drugs are used (during the last quarter of the film) really made me aware of how drugs can honestly ruin you. I knew drugs were bad, but this film show really make you never want to go near the darn things. I'm 14 and watched it - for me, I enjoy all these 'mafia action' films - had to watch it twice or so to really get the true understanding behind it. A real eye-opener, glad I watched it. It taught me and warned me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNotBK June 14, 2014

its good

This is a good movie, and I think that a nine year old kid could take it my brother could, I could, people need to know that kids can take this at young age it isnt that bad.