All member reviews for Gordy

Talking pig adventure with a bit of a scare.

(1 review)

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright May 27, 2013

Cute and cuddly pig film

Gordy may not be a masterpiece, but so what? I know Babe is the better pig film from the same year, but Gordy is still really cute, cuddly, and loveable. The film contains solid messages about friendship and family, and kids can learn about public relations, advertising, and what a CEO is/does. The violent moments are less scary than they were in, say, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and there is also a good balance of humor and country music to soften it up a little. If Gordy had come out more recently (especially after critical failures like The Hangover Part III and The Host), had better publicity, a bigger budget, and better talking animal effects, it could have become MUCH more successful from critics and audiences, and made more money. The country music in the movie is also solid. Gordy is available to watch on Netflix. 7.75/10 UPDATE ON AUGUST 1: I have changed my mind. Gordy is no longer a 4 star film. It's 5 stars! Why? Because I just watched the latest episode of Nick's newest failure, The Haunted Hathaways! Gordy is now as good as Charlotte's Web in comparison! And T.U.F.F. Puppy is as good as Old SpongeBob!