All teen and kid member reviews for Gravity

Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2014

A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a REALLY good movie. has some bad words but won over 5 Oscar awards. this is a good movie for a 10 yr old
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2014

Great movie for young teens and older

Gravity is a short movie but a very well done movie, it has a strong amount of violence some swearing.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2014

Well..

I was watching this and I thought it was very very good. The only thing you need to watch out for is- SPOILER ALERT- there was a ma that had been hit in space and a chunk of his face was missing but all you can see is a tiny bit of blood and I would say that was the only gory bit in it. There is also some dead body's of the crew floating around because the ship had been smashed to peaces. Apart from that the film is great but it can make you a bit frightened if your maybe below 10. Hope this helped
Teen, 15 years old Written byMel3000 May 17, 2014

Overrated

I thought that this movie was absolutely awful and completely overrated. Although the CGI is good, the film lacks a story line and what is there lacks any depth. The only other good point about it I can think of is that it does make you feel like you are in space (just guessing, I have never been). There are not many upsetting scenes, but one near the beginning after what happens to the shuttle happens (no spoilers), a man has been hit by shrapnel and you see his remains inside his suit. There is some blood and scenes that may make young children feel disorientated or give them nightmares, but overall, apart from that one moment with the dead man, it's not too bad. On average, I'd say seven and up, I saw this movie with an eight year old who had no problems with it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysalagol May 1, 2014

stupid, and boring

Teen, 13 years old Written byIan_hga116 April 21, 2014

In space no one can hear you scream "Give me my money back!"

I don't get why everyone is saying it's such a good movie. I also don't understand how it won 7 oscars and many more awards. Don't bother watching this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byconnor mann March 30, 2014

BORING!!

Ride along with astronaut Ryan Stone, who should never be allowed in space, on her struggle to grab on to things, and be bored by the dumb predictable story with visuals that distract you from the awful dialogue for an entire five minutes. I want 93 minutes of my life back.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2014

Aw Yeah!

I seen this movie and it is great. Just it can get scary for young kids and has two uses of the f word
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 16, 2014

A must watch!

This is an excellent movie that has some very well done visual effects that I thoroughly enjoyed. This movie has very little objectionable content. There is a slightly disturbing image of a man with a piece of his head missing, but that's it for violence (no blood, really). Then, there is a little language every now and then. I would say 10 or 11 and older.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydawg1551 March 9, 2014

Gravity was overall a very well made movie, but it got very predictable and there were some scenes that could be disturbing to younger audiences.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKrazyreviews March 7, 2014

Great film with great effects 9.5/10

The movie gravity is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It works better in 3D. Although the film is outstanding, it may be too intense for young viewers. And there is one scene that might disturb sensitive viewers. There is one f bomb in the film that may offend some. Other than that, I recommend gravity for fans of thriller movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefanatic88 March 6, 2014

Quite Amazing.

You don't need me to tell you how good this movie is. It won countless Oscars, had great animation, and great performance. Sandra Bullock delivers as you'd expect, same with George Clooney. Heartbreaking, Hysterical, but also Intense. I was 12 when I saw it and I did just fine, so did my 12-year-old friend who is 5 months younger. Not much of a message, but if there is one it might be to preserver because, no matter what, life is worth it.
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

Don't understanding phenomenon - poor acting, nice effects.

One jump-scare involving dead bodies, explosion, some "f--k" and "hell", "damn", "God", "Jesus". Know your kid. Oh, and some drinking. And... NASA logo. Just saying.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 March 2, 2014

Very Surprised, good movie with beautiful cinematography

Dead bodies and broken heads, 1-2 f-words, very intense, and lots of dramatic themes. I thought this would stink, but it was surprisingly good and exciting.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJrAguja1997 March 2, 2014

Great movie, but note some viewers might get bored

While it's age-friendly despite its occasional use of swearing, the movie Gravity has a good message and has a great role model. Note that violence isn't quite big and no sex references were made in the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThenextdirector March 1, 2014

Amazing!

I just saw this movie last night. I thought it was amazing! The graphics were awesome and it had a great storyline. There were some disturbing images of dead bodies, and some struggling between the two main characters. That's why I think this movie is good for 13 and over. If you have not seen this movie, you have to! It was way better than I expected!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byragtagmisfit February 20, 2014

Fantastic movie!

I loved this movie! It is meant to be a thriller but without the typical ghosts or murderers. I think whether or not you can handle it is less about age and more about what freaks you out. It is scary in a more oblivion sort of sense rather than a Chucky-murder movie. This movie can be scary for a lot of viewers of a lot of ages. The movie also has many four letter words, but nothing any tween or teen hasn't heard. I'd say it all depends on the child (or adult!), but most 12 year olds and up can handle it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMattdirect10 February 18, 2014

One of the best Sci-Fi films of all time

Gravity has some of the best VFX I've seen in 2013. The film is very intense and goes by pretty quick. Definitely earns the Oscars for Best Cinematography, VFX and Director.
Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2014

Emotional, powerful, and utterly astonishing!

What parents should know: I think Gravity is a beautifully done film, but there are several things you should take note of. The overall plot is highly intense and stressful, and that might be too much for young viewers to handle (especially in 3D). One scene is really violent (it's not too much, but it's graphic and obviously noticeable), and there is a bit of bad language every now and then (some of which is pretty bad for smaller kids). The stress and drama can really attract you, however, and Sandra Bullock is usually an amazing actor. Some of the MUSIC, surprisingly, adds to suspense, and startled me a little bit, and the total silence of the first scene kind of freaked me out. If you like drama, action, and awesome actors (even with all that stuff I said), Gravity is the movie for you! What kids should know: The movie itself shocked me, amazed me, kept me on the edge of my seat, and partially scared me. Sci-fi isn't my average genre, but I love dramas too. Gravity is both! The one scene I mentioned in the other part of this review might disturb younger viewers, and if you haven't seen a drama film before, the overall intensity might be too much for you. However, if you have, then see this right away! I honestly think it's awesome in 3D, but that might not work if you get a headache from it! :D What I like about it: Almost everything! This is a powerful film about never giving up, no matter how horrible the circumstances may be. The visual/special effects are breath-taking, and I started crying at the end.........that was how happy I was! If I had a rating for this movie, it would be: PG-13 for strongly emotional thematic material throughout, one scene involving violence, some stressful situations, and strong language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBoyOfDestiny55 January 21, 2014

Gravity: Great for most kids: unnecessary gore in 2 scenes.

Gravity is an AMAZING film by Sandra Bullock. This film features a strong female lead, and is an amazing film! Most Tweens can handle the intense suspense and "Running Out Of Oxygen" stress, but what really threw me off was a scene that was not only scientifically inaccurate, but disturbing and unnecessary. In 2 scenes, (Maybe lasting a combined 45 seconds) It is shown, graphically, that all of the other astronauts are dead, impaled by bits of metal and their faces blown off. This sequence will be easy to just close your eyes during, but was not needed and I feel in fact degraded the film. The only other real issue is swearing. An occasional F--- and S--t are peppered throughout the movie, but only in extreme peril. It is passive and the viewer usually drains it out with the tension of the current scene, so it's not much to worry about unless you have a parrot for a kid. I guess this is a small note, that doesn't matter if your kid can already handle the listed issues, but George Clooney's character is definately flirtatious with Bullock, but it is mainly played for laughs, which are valuable in such a tense flick. Overall, I say pause for 11 and under, only because of the easy to avoid graphic sequence, and the swearing, which is not a thing that happens very frequently.