All member reviews for Gravity

Intense, astonishing sci-fi thriller has real soul.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur July 19, 2014

it didn't make sense

this is a really boring and stupid movie and it doesn't make sense at all
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2014

Great movie with great messages.

This movie has a lot but not too much profanity. The violence includes a hole in a man's face, no blood is seen but obviously gore. There is no sex, I mean it all takes place in space so what are you going to do? People mention Facebook which goes under the topic of consumerism in Gravity. There is no drinking or smoking because again, it all takes place in space. So it definitely deserves 4/5 stars.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Gravity

Gravity truly is amazing. With stunning and breathtaking videography, it is definitely one of the year's best. The cast offers an amazing and heartbreaking performance. If you have kids under 12, you should know that in Gravity, there is some swearing and near-constant peril, violence, and suspense. There are some disturbing images of dead astronauts. There is one scene where Ryan Stone almost gives up and almost commits suicide by turning off the oxygen in her escape pod. Gravity is a thrill-ride of a movie and will leave you breathless.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 October 15, 2013

Gravity is Very Good

I thought that Gravity was one of the best films of the years. The visual effects are astonishing. There were a couple times I had to remind myself this was filmed in front of a green screen. The acting is incredible also. The two leads (Sandra Bullock and George Clooney) are great. The only problem I had with it was the script. The script is by no means bad but some of it is slow and predictable. Overall I thought Gravity was very well casted and made.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySir Ripley October 5, 2013

Gravity is Breathtaking

(spoiler alert below) Wow. That's all I can really say. The cinematography, the special effects, the acting, the characters and the story behind them are just ... wow. Scenes where the main characters are in danger are incredibly exciting, this experience being even more enhanced in 3D. I remember ducking when a shard of debris came flying toward the camera. The music is loud, and more importantly, effective, and some scenes can be a bit of a tearjerker. Or maybe that's just me. I didn't stop crying throughout the entire thing. The positive messages in this movie are fantastic and Ryan Stone is a fantastic role model. In my honest opinion, I find her a more inspirational and stronger character than Katniss Everdeen, who pales with unreal-ism compared to Dr. Stone. George Clooney's character was incredibly lighthearted and bought a quick breath of comic relief into the film when it needed it most. Although, the character I was instantly drawn to was the Indian man who appears at the beginning, who is killed and it is later shown that shrapnel passed through his head, killing him and leaving a gaping hole through his skull. Cue a scene where a photograph of his wife and kid float past which MADE ME CRY THANKS A LOT. Other frightening scenes could include when Ryan Stone goes to investigate the wreck for any survivors, and a frozen body suddenly drops out of nowhere into the frame, and many other scenes where the characters are in danger.
Adult Written byccb1996 August 16, 2014

A ground breaking roller coaster of a ride

Fasten your seat belts, you're about to go for a ride. Gravity is a stunning movie that doesn't let up for one second. The story follows an astronaut who is marooned in space and is desperately trying to get back to Earth. It is a feat of moviemaking. The visual effects/cinematography are gorgeous, the score ranging from the perilous to the triumphant, and features a beautifully human performance from Sandra Bullock. You will leave this movie feeling uplifted and dazzled, and reminded that hope can even come out of the impossible. There are many intense situations and some language, but this movie should be fine for kids 15 and up.
Kid, 8 years old November 29, 2013

Gravity was great!

Gravity was an amazing sci-fi thriller starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, and was directed by Alfonso Cuaron. The movie also had a few scenes of peril and had some scenes that showed dead bodies, which could have been frightening for kids. and it had some swearing that could have been inappropriate for children. Although there was swearing in it, I think it could be all right for some kids under the age of 13. Kids who are 11, 12 probably go every day hearing someone swear. Some kids under the age of 11 could watch this, if they A: are all right with the frightening scenes, and B: are used to hearing people swear. ( there were a few swear words, including f--k, s--t, b--ch, d--n, and h--l, .) This movie kept me hooked and is all right for kids ages 11 and up.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

Mature 12 and over

Gravity is REALLY Good! Recommended for mature teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 October 26, 2013

Thrilling

Gravity is definitely one of the most intense films of the year. It's got Sandra Bullock and George Clooney playing astronauts who's station is hit by a shower of satellite debris, leaving them drifting, alone. There is constant peril but it is all very exciting, and some frequent language. *SPOILER* the two main in character's partner is shown with a big gap through his face after getting hit by scrap going about 150mph and this image is quite disturbing, and there is on jump scene *END OF SPOILER*. Overall this is a scary film who's visual effects are breathtaking and the extra 3D $ is worth it. Great performances too. 11-12+. Grade A
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 20, 2013

A remarkable feat

With a headline like that why wouldn't this movie be rated 5 stars? "Gravity" is one of the more technically perfect and visually accomplished movies I've ever seen, perhaps ever made...it was just the dialogue. Mostly from Clooney, his cocksure, easy-going talks with Bullock were probably NOT what one would have said adrift, alone in space. That bothered me, but literally all other aspects are immaculate, the dizzying cinematography, Bullock's intense, emotionally draining performance, and that score that nearly strikes you in the face along with the 3D space debris might top off what could easily become 2013's Best Picture.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2013

Gravity, brilliant movie recommended for certain people

I usually don't go to see movies in 3-D, but Gravity, I didn't even have to see it in 3-D to know that it would be SPECTACULAR so. Warner Brothers' "Gravity", was an incredible experience with a beautifully designed soundtrack, script and was visually stunning. One of the film's most important features, was the unforgettable intensity, which I guarantee will make your hands sweat. The intensity of the movie is created by a mixture of the soundtrack, graphics great acting and how realistic the movie is in general. Content Alerts: (CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS) Language: The F word and S word are said several times during the movie, but not overused or exaggerated. Violence: There is no Man-to-man violence in this film, but there is a large amount of destruction and intense survival sequences. Graphical content: There is one brief disturbing image during an attempt to retrieve an astronaut's body (a large hole in the left side of his head with some blood stains) but the scene is made rather more sad than scary, for a picture of his family floats up onto the screen. The image appears for about 5 seconds. PG-13/M (For intense sequences, survival themes coarse language and disturbing images)
Adult Written byJEDI micah October 6, 2013

One of the best movies of 2013!!!

Intense, awesome, thrilling, heart-warming, entertaining, amazing, breathtaking - need I go on?! All of these descriptions make this movie a must-see for people looking to be thrilled while entertained! I can already see this movie being nominated for multiple Oscars! SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
Adult Written bylototele March 21, 2014

Fantastic, beautiful, intense film

I loved this movie! It was a nail biter all the way through! The beauty of the film's special effects leaves nothing to be desired. The acting was top notch. The film is extremely intense and may be a little too much for younger children who are easily shaken up. However, if you're looking for a great survival film to watch with your kids, this is it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg01 March 9, 2014

Tense, masterfully directed, visually stunning and astonishingly curious film by master director Alfonso Cuaron.

Violence - 3.5/5 - This movie is definitely NOT for sensitive viewers. Ryan Stone, the main character, nearly gets killed in almost every scene in the movie in many intense ways, such as trying to get inside a launch pad while there is a huge fire inside a space shuttle. One gruesome scene shows a man's face torn through half of his face. It's gory, but not terribly bloody or graphic. Several astronauts die from a debris. There is a hint in the movie that an important character dies. Sexy Stuff- 0/5 Language - 3.5/5 - Brief strong language throughout the film. "Sh*t" is said frequently, especally by the main character. "He!l" is said in a memorable line. "Dam#it", "A*s", and "F**k" is said a few times. Commercialism - 1/5 - The NASA sign is unsurprisingly everywhere. Facebook is mentioned once. A Looney Tune action figure is shown once. Drugs - 0/5 Why I love it - For many reasons. One, the cinematography is absolutely beautiful. It's so good that you think that you are in space. I agree with critics that this movie looks like "Life of Pi" in space. Two - Sandra Bullock. Sandra's performance deserves to live up by the name of "Sandy the Bull" because her acting is about as strong as a bull's body (If you're reading this, Sandra, I want you to know that I'm not offending you). She expresses joy, pain, and fear complexibly. Three - Steven Price's score. The score is so well conducted that it brings your heart strings closer to the majestity of the movie. Four - Visual Effects. The visuals are breathtaking. Everything looks real. That's all I have to say. And five - The direction. The direction is so masterful that it brings up tension through harrowing to comforting scenes. He (Alfonso Cuaron) does such an excellent job on changing the actors expressions through difficult situations. He also does a nice job on the details. No wonder he won an Oscar for directing! A lot of things in this movie are entertaining, but it also has what is most important in a movie, a good story. The story shifts from a thriller to a drama expertly. The story also has imagination and candy for the soul. Stop reading reviews now, go rent it, ask your oldest son to go see it with a mom and dad, and enjoy the ride!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 October 14, 2013

Pretty good

This was pretty good It has positive messages about never giving up and self sacrifice. There is quite a bit of language though but the one f- word is barely heard and the only violence is an astronaut gets hit in the face with some metal and there is a huge whole in the mans face that would be way too disturbing for younger kids. The only thing I didn't like was some parts were to drawn out like the opening--you are literally sitting there staring at a picture of earth for like 3 minutes. And some other parts are like that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIKnowKidsTheBest January 31, 2016

Great Movie for Space Fans

This is not that bad of a movie, it just may spark some fears in younger children. The space rocks and deaths of the crew may trigger nightmares in younger children. I always recommend having a talk with your children about how just because there are bad words in the movie, that does not mean they can say them on their own. The main character is a strong female role who does not give up no matter what. You know you're kids the best, and if they are easily scared, I recommend finding another option.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

THE WORST MOVIE IN THE WORLD

I hated this movie so much. It was so boring and there was not really any action. There is some action in this movie. A man dies ( I don't remember why he died). A girl gets stuck in space and she has to find a way to leave it. There ship or whatever does get hit my some pieces in space and they have to find a way to leave space IMMEDIATLY. There is no sex at all but the language is a tiny bit intense. They say fuck and shit and I think you do not want your children listening to those bad words. There is also no drinking drugs or smoking because they are in space. I think that kids from ages 10 and up should watch this movie because it is not bad at all and it has great messages.
Kid, 12 years old September 7, 2015

This movie is fantastic

I really liked gravity. It's intense, interesting, and mostly accurate, except for a few lapses. The woman is on an EVA when a chain reaction of debris hits the space shuttle Explorer (which doesn't exist for real) and kills her crew.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2015

Intense, thoughtful thriller for mature tweens and up.

This fun, highflying sci-fi film of 2014 has some scary moments that are intense and disturbing, but nothing most of your teens can't handle. There is a gruesome body, done with blood and gore (this is the most upsetting moment of the film). A satillite is blown up, and the result kills a central charecter (very sad, but not gory), a fire is created, and a very intense climactic scene is built and a women nearly drowns after exiting a spaceship that has caught on fire. There is infrequent strong language, with f--k, s--t and bitch. There are thought provoking messages about hope, loss and determination. Sandra Bullock presents a vunerable charecter at first, but grows to become a strong, determined heroine. George Clooney portraits a funny and helpful teammate who helps his teammate power through situations, even if he is absent. For a fun sci-fi flick, make sure to check this out.
Kid, 8 years old July 1, 2015

Amazing

Soulful, tear dropping, and amazingly violent in some way.