All member reviews for Gravity

Intense, astonishing sci-fi thriller has real soul.

Adult Written byJEDI micah October 6, 2013

One of the best movies of 2013!!!

Intense, awesome, thrilling, heart-warming, entertaining, amazing, breathtaking - need I go on?! All of these descriptions make this movie a must-see for people looking to be thrilled while entertained! I can already see this movie being nominated for multiple Oscars! SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySir Ripley October 5, 2013

Gravity is Breathtaking

(spoiler alert below) Wow. That's all I can really say. The cinematography, the special effects, the acting, the characters and the story behind them are just ... wow. Scenes where the main characters are in danger are incredibly exciting, this experience being even more enhanced in 3D. I remember ducking when a shard of debris came flying toward the camera. The music is loud, and more importantly, effective, and some scenes can be a bit of a tearjerker. Or maybe that's just me. I didn't stop crying throughout the entire thing. The positive messages in this movie are fantastic and Ryan Stone is a fantastic role model. In my honest opinion, I find her a more inspirational and stronger character than Katniss Everdeen, who pales with unreal-ism compared to Dr. Stone. George Clooney's character was incredibly lighthearted and bought a quick breath of comic relief into the film when it needed it most. Although, the character I was instantly drawn to was the Indian man who appears at the beginning, who is killed and it is later shown that shrapnel passed through his head, killing him and leaving a gaping hole through his skull. Cue a scene where a photograph of his wife and kid float past which MADE ME CRY THANKS A LOT. Other frightening scenes could include when Ryan Stone goes to investigate the wreck for any survivors, and a frozen body suddenly drops out of nowhere into the frame, and many other scenes where the characters are in danger.
Kid, 8 years old November 29, 2013

Gravity was great!

Gravity was an amazing sci-fi thriller starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, and was directed by Alfonso Cuaron. The movie also had a few scenes of peril and had some scenes that showed dead bodies, which could have been frightening for kids. and it had some swearing that could have been inappropriate for children. Although there was swearing in it, I think it could be all right for some kids under the age of 13. Kids who are 11, 12 probably go every day hearing someone swear. Some kids under the age of 11 could watch this, if they A: are all right with the frightening scenes, and B: are used to hearing people swear. ( there were a few swear words, including f--k, s--t, b--ch, d--n, and h--l, .) This movie kept me hooked and is all right for kids ages 11 and up.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

Mature 12 and over

Gravity is REALLY Good! Recommended for mature teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 October 15, 2013

It was ok

I won't lie at first I thought this would be just crazy and ridiculously good. But it really wasn't. I fell a sleep twice because it was just so, so slow!!!, and then there were the pretty intense scenes. I also didn't care for the ending. Overall it was just ok in my opinion. I'd say wait until it comes to rental. Also lot's of uses if sh*t and 1 F-bomb near the beginning. But overall it wasn't as good as everyone makes it out to be. Barely makes 3 stars in my book.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 October 14, 2013

Pretty good

This was pretty good It has positive messages about never giving up and self sacrifice. There is quite a bit of language though but the one f- word is barely heard and the only violence is an astronaut gets hit in the face with some metal and there is a huge whole in the mans face that would be way too disturbing for younger kids. The only thing I didn't like was some parts were to drawn out like the opening--you are literally sitting there staring at a picture of earth for like 3 minutes. And some other parts are like that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCleverJane April 18, 2015

The perfect movie for the little ones trying to get into the thriller genre

I remember seeing this in the cinema. Awesome experience! It was the first thriller - after Michael Jackson's music clip (ha ha) - I had seen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 March 29, 2015

Gravity is magnificent.

Excellent in every way. The cinematography, visual effects, music, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney's performances were flat out perfect. They are some intense scenes.
Kid, 8 years old February 1, 2015

Horrible and so boring

This was the most boring movie ever made and nothing happened. It was a little violent with one gory scene. And there was swearing but otherwise this was a horrible movie never see it. And little point and one scary scene. And is fine for kids 10 and up. Don't waste time watching this lame movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham January 17, 2015

"Gravity" by Christopher Graham

I thought that this film was very powerful and very effective for people of all ages. The performances were masterful, the direction was superb, the storyline was pitch-perfect, and the concept was very affectionate. Overall, I thought that this film was very powerful and pointed and is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had in a movie. Teens and 14 year olds are meant to see this excellent movie as well as adults. Younger kids should wait till they are older to see this movie based on its intense perilous sequences, disturbing images, and brief strong language.
Educator Written byPahaig101 December 15, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 November 11, 2014

(Sighs) I wish there was an alien

Adult Written bykipwalker44 November 6, 2014

Intense, realistic survival tale is visually-astounding, but thin on storyline

Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 29, 2014

Gravity movie review

"Gravity" is one of the best movie experiences I have ever had in my life. The movie had an original idea of an amateur astronaut stuck in space and fighting for her life. I bought this movie when it came out on DVD. When the movie first started, the audio quality was a little off. Then, in the first ten minutes, this movie became a roller-coaster ride. The action in this movie is phenomenal. Alfonso Cuaron directed this movie with so much care. The visual effects are amazing. Sandra Bullock's character sometimes went a little too dramatic. That was one of my only complaints about this movie. "Gravity" had so many astounding effects. The introduction, the middle, and the conclusion had some of the best effects I have ever seen. Watching this movie, I knew Alfonso Cuaron took time with this film. This movie is not slow at all. There are so many themes within "Gravity". The most important one is staying calm in very dangerous situations. That includes having faith. "Gravity" has amazing cinematography. The frames, the picture quality, and transitions were all beyond expectations. It was one of my favorite movies of 2013 and was the most visually stunning.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 25, 2014

Dark emotional thrilling outer space movie has real heart

My rating: PG-13 for intense images,langauge,sensuality,violence and suggestive content
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Great thriller

Violence- 4 (Dead bodies, a hole in someone's head is shown) Language- 2 (One use of f**k)
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2014

Wonderful & Captivating

Gravity is a wonderful and captivating movie with unbelievable graphics! This is a very high-quality, well-made film. The only thing you should watch out for is a part where a dead astronaut is shown and it can be very disturbing. I highly recommend this book to kids 13+!
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Awesome!

Violence: 3/5 Language: 2/5 I have to agree what common sense says about this movie.
Adult Written byccb1996 August 16, 2014

A ground breaking roller coaster of a ride

Fasten your seat belts, you're about to go for a ride. Gravity is a stunning movie that doesn't let up for one second. The story follows an astronaut who is marooned in space and is desperately trying to get back to Earth. It is a feat of moviemaking. The visual effects/cinematography are gorgeous, the score ranging from the perilous to the triumphant, and features a beautifully human performance from Sandra Bullock. You will leave this movie feeling uplifted and dazzled, and reminded that hope can even come out of the impossible. There are many intense situations and some language, but this movie should be fine for kids 15 and up.
Adult Written byslasher23 August 16, 2014