All member reviews for Gravity

Intense, astonishing sci-fi thriller has real soul.

Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2014

Great movie with great messages.

This movie has a lot but not too much profanity. The violence includes a hole in a man's face, no blood is seen but obviously gore. There is no sex, I mean it all takes place in space so what are you going to do? People mention Facebook which goes under the topic of consumerism in Gravity. There is no drinking or smoking because again, it all takes place in space. So it definitely deserves 4/5 stars.
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2013

This Movie Gave Me an Anxiety Attack

This movie is very intense and contains very disturbing images. Do NOT go see it at night, and if you have younger children with you, do NOT watch it in 3D because this movie will scare them ALOT.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek October 5, 2013

Well-Acted, Intense Film Has True Soul and A Truly Stunning Experience In the Mix, But Only For Older Teens.

Parents, this visually stunning cinematic masterpiece is sure to be on the radar someone in the family, but due to the constant peril and mature themes make it better for older teens. Violence includes extensive peril, imperilment, many astronauts die, including a gruesome image of a hole in a man's face, and the emotional intensity and menacing vibe just adds to the mix. Language is pretty infrequent, but holds the new record for most uses of "f--k" in a PG-13 movie (7), and several uses of "s--t" and "b-tch" are uttered throughout. No sex or drinking. The NASA logo is seen often. In the end, this amazing sci-fi drama is beautifully filmed and well-acted, and on my list, this movie deserves 6/5 stars, and viewers can take home a empowering positive message about the human spirit, but this one is best left the older audience. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated PG-13 For Some Disturbing Images & Brief Strong Language
Teen, 13 years old Written bySadieDaisy138 November 8, 2013

SEE IT!!!

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS. This movie is amazing. With amazing shots from space, gripping scenes, and touching moments, 'Gravity' is sure to be remembered. The positive role model is doctor Ryan Stone, who even when faced with death pushes on by herself in the vastness of space. It has a message that you should never give up. A group of satellites destroys space stations and there is a moment where Ryan is flying through space, screaming, and she can't stop herself from spinning. There is also an intense moment where Ryan goes back to her space station to find her companions dead. It is not gory, but definitely surprising. You see one astronaut who is completely frozen and it is assumed that something hit his helmet, because there is just a hole through his face. It isn't bloody at all, though. It is as if you through something through a china doll- you can see through to the other side and it is completely empty inside. Ryan also goes inside the space station to find two astronauts frozen stiff, floating by. There is another intense moment where Ryan almost dies from running out of oxygen, and her vision gets all blurry. Another time that it is sad is when Ryan's partner lets go of Ryan's hand because he is just weighing her down. He floats off into space and you hear him saying, "The view is just so beautiful up here" as he floats away and presumably dies. Another point is when Ryan gives up and starts to turn her oxygen down just so that she'll drift into a permanent sleep, but then she hallucinates that her partner is with her and so she doesn't give up. The final intense scene is when she is flying back to Earth and her capsule is burning up because it isn't meant to land. She then crashes into the water and her window breaks so her capsule starts to flood and sink. It sinks, but Ryan escapes and swims to the surface. There is a sad moment where Ryan explains how her daughter died (she was playing tag, slipped, and hit her head) and then later talks to her already-dead companion, saying "say hi to my daughter. tell her i found her red shoe. it was under the bed.", while crying (this scene made me cry). There are many occurrences of the 's' word and one 'f' word moment that is quietly muttered. The word 'NASA' is all over the place, and also the companies NPR and Facebook are mentioned. This movie is about hope and not giving up. Ryan at first didn't even seem like astronaut material, but she proved me wrong by making it back to Earth. I definitely recommend this film.
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2013

easily best film 2013

Don't listen to anyone who gave this movie less than 5 stars, because it is absolutely amazing, stunning, and breath taking. But it is extremely intense and very sad, so 14+
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 20, 2013

A remarkable feat

With a headline like that why wouldn't this movie be rated 5 stars? "Gravity" is one of the more technically perfect and visually accomplished movies I've ever seen, perhaps ever made...it was just the dialogue. Mostly from Clooney, his cocksure, easy-going talks with Bullock were probably NOT what one would have said adrift, alone in space. That bothered me, but literally all other aspects are immaculate, the dizzying cinematography, Bullock's intense, emotionally draining performance, and that score that nearly strikes you in the face along with the 3D space debris might top off what could easily become 2013's Best Picture.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 October 15, 2013

It was ok

I won't lie at first I thought this would be just crazy and ridiculously good. But it really wasn't. I fell a sleep twice because it was just so, so slow!!!, and then there were the pretty intense scenes. I also didn't care for the ending. Overall it was just ok in my opinion. I'd say wait until it comes to rental. Also lot's of uses if sh*t and 1 F-bomb near the beginning. But overall it wasn't as good as everyone makes it out to be. Barely makes 3 stars in my book.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2013

Gravity, brilliant movie recommended for certain people

I usually don't go to see movies in 3-D, but Gravity, I didn't even have to see it in 3-D to know that it would be SPECTACULAR so. Warner Brothers' "Gravity", was an incredible experience with a beautifully designed soundtrack, script and was visually stunning. One of the film's most important features, was the unforgettable intensity, which I guarantee will make your hands sweat. The intensity of the movie is created by a mixture of the soundtrack, graphics great acting and how realistic the movie is in general. Content Alerts: (CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS) Language: The F word and S word are said several times during the movie, but not overused or exaggerated. Violence: There is no Man-to-man violence in this film, but there is a large amount of destruction and intense survival sequences. Graphical content: There is one brief disturbing image during an attempt to retrieve an astronaut's body (a large hole in the left side of his head with some blood stains) but the scene is made rather more sad than scary, for a picture of his family floats up onto the screen. The image appears for about 5 seconds. PG-13/M (For intense sequences, survival themes coarse language and disturbing images)
Parent of a 13 year old Written byJillanjake2 April 4, 2014
It can get a bit sad otherwise a good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe November 3, 2013

Gravity Review

This movie was great, but included a scary scene that had a guy with a piece of debree in his head. Gravity also has quite a bit of swearing. Nevertheless, the role models in Gravity are really good, especially George Clooney.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Gravity

Gravity truly is amazing. With stunning and breathtaking videography, it is definitely one of the year's best. The cast offers an amazing and heartbreaking performance. If you have kids under 12, you should know that in Gravity, there is some swearing and near-constant peril, violence, and suspense. There are some disturbing images of dead astronauts. There is one scene where Ryan Stone almost gives up and almost commits suicide by turning off the oxygen in her escape pod. Gravity is a thrill-ride of a movie and will leave you breathless.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

Mature 12 and over

Gravity is REALLY Good! Recommended for mature teens.
Kid, 8 years old November 29, 2013

Gravity was great!

Gravity was an amazing sci-fi thriller starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, and was directed by Alfonso Cuaron. The movie also had a few scenes of peril and had some scenes that showed dead bodies, which could have been frightening for kids. and it had some swearing that could have been inappropriate for children. Although there was swearing in it, I think it could be all right for some kids under the age of 13. Kids who are 11, 12 probably go every day hearing someone swear. Some kids under the age of 11 could watch this, if they A: are all right with the frightening scenes, and B: are used to hearing people swear. ( there were a few swear words, including f--k, s--t, b--ch, d--n, and h--l, .) This movie kept me hooked and is all right for kids ages 11 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 October 26, 2013

Thrilling

Gravity is definitely one of the most intense films of the year. It's got Sandra Bullock and George Clooney playing astronauts who's station is hit by a shower of satellite debris, leaving them drifting, alone. There is constant peril but it is all very exciting, and some frequent language. *SPOILER* the two main in character's partner is shown with a big gap through his face after getting hit by scrap going about 150mph and this image is quite disturbing, and there is on jump scene *END OF SPOILER*. Overall this is a scary film who's visual effects are breathtaking and the extra 3D $ is worth it. Great performances too. 11-12+. Grade A
Adult Written byJEDI micah October 6, 2013

One of the best movies of 2013!!!

Intense, awesome, thrilling, heart-warming, entertaining, amazing, breathtaking - need I go on?! All of these descriptions make this movie a must-see for people looking to be thrilled while entertained! I can already see this movie being nominated for multiple Oscars! SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
Educator Written byPahaig101 December 15, 2014
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2014

good movie

cool but bad words like f**k s**t da** h**l bi*** and a guys face came off and a picture of his wife and kids come out of his pocket.
Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2014

Gravity

There are some VIOLENT scenes including a man with half a face. I still think u should be 10-12 to be able to watch the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck June 11, 2014

Why do people think this movie is so good?

The story is boring. The acting isn't great. Barely any action. I will admit the visual effects were awesome and that's why I even watched the whole thing. No good morals or role models in this movie. Some violence and a gross scene. Some language including D--n, sh-t and one F bomb. Overall, Gravity is a boring movie that will most likely at times make you feel stupid well watching it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byconnor mann March 30, 2014

BORING!!

Ride along with astronaut Ryan Stone, who should never be allowed in space, on her struggle to grab on to things, and be bored by the dumb predictable story with visuals that distract you from the awful dialogue for an entire five minutes. I want 93 minutes of my life back.