All parent member reviews for Grease

Parent Written bymattbruns3 February 25, 2015

Good movie but a lot of sexual content.

This movie is way above the PG level. It should be R, Some of the songs are sexual especially Grease Lightnin. There is a sex scene but not fully unclothed just the pants of the couple are off, you can not see anything below the shirts. There are other scenes with making out, and there are sexual remarks like bite the winnie, flop your log etc. It's OK for 15 if they are supervised by an adult.
Adult Written byopalwolf219 January 17, 2015

Grease

Grease is better for older audiences.
Parent of a 8, 10, and 11 year old Written byMHR75killsU January 6, 2015

An Iconic Musical Gives More Than Entertainment

I loved this film growing up and I still love it now. However, as a father, I am given as much pause in this film now as I am enjoyment. Released (to the best of my knowledge) before the PG-13 rating was created, this film is loaded with sexual content. The first half of the movie seems to have almost one sexual reference or more per line of lyric or sentence of dialogue. That being said, there is a positive takeaway message to be seen in the two main characters. While Danny was a different person, maybe his real self, with Sandy, he did a 180 with his friends. In the beginning of the movie you could point out to your teens how he is unhappy because he changes himself to please others. By the end of the movie we see both Danny and Sandy change themselves almost completely to make the other happy but they end up finding a common ground.
Adult Written bys80 December 16, 2014

For 12 year olds?

Really? This site thinks it's appropriate for 12-year-olds to watch a musical with a song that refers to a car as a "pu...sy wagon" and sends the overall message that if you change everything about your identity, then and only then will the person you're interested in accept you. This movie is much more perverse than most R-rated comedies. The main character, a high school student, is viewed as prudish and arrogant because she's a virgin, and the only way this problem is dealt with is when that character sheds her image and becomes what she thinks everybody else wants her to be with no negative repercussions. Sure, they don't show any sex, but the message behind every scene (often in an insidious manner) is that teens must do it.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

Love It

I love this film, it's a classic, well known, people love it, however some people may have issues with the sexual content in this film. I don't see it as a problem personally, it shows some good lessons in this movie and none of it concerns me all too much.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written bydrewhinkle September 29, 2013

too racy

Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

I think it's ok

Yes, this movie does sexual themes. But I saw it was young and didn't think much of it
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... September 1, 2011

anyone can enjoy this movie

anyone can enjoy this movie a musical and a real good one to!
Parent of a 9, 13, and 17 year old Written byPie Mama July 30, 2010

It's a classic!

I love this movie! It's so fun! It's a classic! But the second one was a S**t. There are some conversations that are not good, but I just love it!
Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009
Adult Written bymovie07 April 9, 2008

GREAT!

THE MOVIE (MUSICAL) IS GREAT! I WAS IN GREASE IN HIGH SCHOOL...THE MOVIE TEACHES SOME GOOD THINGS AND MEANINGS ABOUT LIFE AND GOING THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL TOO..EXCELLENT!
Adult Written byspongebobrocks22 April 9, 2008

a classic movie from the 70s

this is a good movie i saw in theathers when i was little