All member reviews for Grease

Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

good

the bad stuff: a lot of kissing and making out, some language, the S word on a song, teens smoking and drinking. the good stuff: no positive role models or messages, so i think the only good thing was the movie itself. the movie: OK if you don't like musicals, good if you do
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

not for younger kids but good for tweens

this is my favorite movie but it isnt appropriate for younger kids. some songs have suggestive content. such as summer nights. greased lightning, and look at me i'm sandra dee. the gym teacher also approves of danny smoking a certain amount pack of cigarettes a day. But over all it was great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 16, 2011

good movie

I saw this when i was like five and i loved it. everything went straight over my head, now that i think about it. So if you do show kids this just tell them not to say or do whatever bad thing comes up in the movie.
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2009

Great movie!

I love grease ! I have seen it 17 times. It is a great movie and I would suggest it. But I think there is a little too much sexy stuff, and some of language is questionable. Also it encourages girls to change for boys. Like I said before this is my favorite movie ever. It all depends on how mature your kids are. I watched Grease by myself because my mom thought I could handle it, but I'm not every kid out there.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydreweth August 30, 2009

Classic movie rated before "PG-13", keep that in mind.

No doubt about it. "Grease" is a classic. Just a classic that should be showed to people 13 and up. Lots of talk about sex between the T-Pig- I mean the T-birds sadly portray gangs in High School accurately.
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2011

Grease: Cool Classic?

The T-Birds smoke and drink, but they also refer to girls as useful for only the purpose of having sex. This greatly bothers me. I am a girl, and girls are a lot more useful than that. We've helped the planet, invented important things (Madame Marie Curie even discovered two elements, and Mary Annings discovered the sharklike Ichthyosaur!). We've made lasting impacts on the science, art, sports, and literature worlds. Girls are people you should respects as much as yourselves, boys. The Pink Ladies is a clique who makes fun of Sandy, who did nothing wrong. Riz, the lead girl, mocks Sandy's wise choices not to do drugs or have sex before marriage. I felt uncomfortable watching this movie and although the songs may be cute and catchy, this movie is sexist and promotes inappropriate things.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose April 9, 2008

Hmmm

good music but a lot of stuff that stinks. some of the stuff in this movie is really awesome but the other stuff is totally inapropriate. this movie has no right to have a PG rating.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2013

Awesomeness

Cons- There is quite a bit of smoking and there is some powerful kissing and one scene that is not very appropriate. Pros- The idea for the movie was great. The music is very catchy and cool. The acting is over the top. This movie is really funny and fun to watch. I personally loved it. This movie is in my top 10 movies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 11, 2011

Maybe the greatest musical of all time.

Sexual Content- 6/10 Language- 6/10 Drinking, drugs, smoking- 6.5/10 Overall Quality- 10/10
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2011

i have seen this movie since i was 4 or younger it is not bad at all
Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2010

too much sex but fun for tweens w/ friends (NOT ADULTS!!)

love this movie!! but tons of things about sex!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byamandaluvsyooh June 17, 2010

Favorite Movie since a toddler

I am currently 13 years old, and this has been my FAVORITE movie since I was 1 year old (no joke). Yes, it is inapropriate, but the characters are so easy to fall in love with. I love John Trovolta and Olivia Newton-John. Definitely not a waste of your time!
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2013

best musical ever

when I found out about grease on the internet it got my interest up I watched some videos but not the full movie I am planning to watch it when I am older because my dad is strict about "adult movies"
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana April 8, 2011

love this movie! the music is awesome.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 26, 2011

Grease is the Word!

While a classic, Grease has some things that shouldn't be shown to those under ten. . However it does show some consequences of sexual habits by making Miss Rizzo think she's pregnant. Yet the songs are memorable and Sandy's very likeable and friendly to everyone.
Kid, 9 years old March 3, 2011

Good, but not for little kids

Awesome music and great movie. Very Funny.
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2011

Perfect

I've seen this movie when I was 4!!!! There's nothing wrong with it at all. This review is so picky.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Good for Tweens

Some Sexual Refrences and Kissing, But nothing bad. Good Movie with lots of singing and dancing perfect for a Tween Sleepover;)
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2011

Great movie

I love this movie, i've seen this movie sooo many times! There is some innapropriate stuff, but if you trust your child, it'll be fun. It's a GOOD movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 17, 2010

A ridiculously good time

I'll be frank about not liking musicals, but this has got to be one of the greatestr I've ever seen! It never takes itself that seriously, more of a satire of a musical really. It's a must-see movie for the whole fam.