All member reviews for Grease

Adult Written bymom 4 ever April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

good

the bad stuff: a lot of kissing and making out, some language, the S word on a song, teens smoking and drinking. the good stuff: no positive role models or messages, so i think the only good thing was the movie itself. the movie: OK if you don't like musicals, good if you do
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMomMcA October 20, 2010

fine for older kids, but not for tweens

While I loved this movie as a teen (I was around 11 when it came out) my parents were SURE to have a talk with me about the choices Sandy was making, and why she was being bullied. (it's pretty clear she must conform to being the sex toy of a boy.... in the late 70s this wasn't a hit with feminists I am guessing). Some 8 year olds in my daughter's circle of friends are in love with this film, and guess what bullying behavior they are mimicking? "Pink Ladies" at 8- going after my kid for not being sexy enough? no kidding. I suggest parents re-watch this classic in private before they have their kids trying to mimic it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydreweth August 30, 2009

Classic movie rated before "PG-13", keep that in mind.

No doubt about it. "Grease" is a classic. Just a classic that should be showed to people 13 and up. Lots of talk about sex between the T-Pig- I mean the T-birds sadly portray gangs in High School accurately.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written bymoviemum July 24, 2009

Great Movie!

One of my favorites, but soooo inappropriate! But, buy the CD and liston We Go Together, You're The One That I Want, Hopelssly Devoted, and Summer Nights although you might consider it a bit iffy!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bySchwim August 2, 2010

Not appropriate for tweens

Started to watch this last night with my almost 13-year old boy/girl twins. I was really disappointed in a) how bad it seemed now after all these years since I last saw it and b) how inappropriate it was--constant references to sex, "flog your log," etc. etc. I think this isn't appropriate for tweens
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla March 30, 2011

Personally love it!
Adult Written byDr.Pepper June 20, 2010

It is a great movie, but only for older kids because: Sex: Many references to sex (nothing to over the top) and couples are seen making out. They also talk about virginity and broken condoms and a girl thinks she is pregnant. Language: Many uses of "crap" as well as a couple "hell"'s, and one "@$$". The song "Greased Lightning" says "s**t" t*t" and "p*ssy". Drugs: Lots of smoking and underaged drinking
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byUGA Mom June 8, 2010

Good for high schoolers

I saw this movie in the theaters when I was almost 15 and it was a little racy but of course I knew it all back then. Now, as a parent, I won't let my kids under 13 watch it. If your child listens to the dialogue there are several inappropriate mentions of sex, virginity, teen pregnancy and slutty girls. The only redeeming thing about Sandy changing in the end is that Danny tried to change for her as well.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 26, 2011

Grease is the Word!

While a classic, Grease has some things that shouldn't be shown to those under ten. . However it does show some consequences of sexual habits by making Miss Rizzo think she's pregnant. Yet the songs are memorable and Sandy's very likeable and friendly to everyone.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

not for younger kids but good for tweens

this is my favorite movie but it isnt appropriate for younger kids. some songs have suggestive content. such as summer nights. greased lightning, and look at me i'm sandra dee. the gym teacher also approves of danny smoking a certain amount pack of cigarettes a day. But over all it was great movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana April 8, 2011

love this movie! the music is awesome.
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2011

Great

Great movie,and is just a fun movie about older teens goofing up high school.
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2011

i have seen this movie since i was 4 or younger it is not bad at all
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 11, 2011

Maybe the greatest musical of all time.

Sexual Content- 6/10 Language- 6/10 Drinking, drugs, smoking- 6.5/10 Overall Quality- 10/10
Adult Written bymovie07 April 9, 2008

GREAT!

THE MOVIE (MUSICAL) IS GREAT! I WAS IN GREASE IN HIGH SCHOOL...THE MOVIE TEACHES SOME GOOD THINGS AND MEANINGS ABOUT LIFE AND GOING THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL TOO..EXCELLENT!
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2009

Great movie!

I love grease ! I have seen it 17 times. It is a great movie and I would suggest it. But I think there is a little too much sexy stuff, and some of language is questionable. Also it encourages girls to change for boys. Like I said before this is my favorite movie ever. It all depends on how mature your kids are. I watched Grease by myself because my mom thought I could handle it, but I'm not every kid out there.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamandaluvsyooh June 17, 2010

Favorite Movie since a toddler

I am currently 13 years old, and this has been my FAVORITE movie since I was 1 year old (no joke). Yes, it is inapropriate, but the characters are so easy to fall in love with. I love John Trovolta and Olivia Newton-John. Definitely not a waste of your time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 16, 2011

good movie

I saw this when i was like five and i loved it. everything went straight over my head, now that i think about it. So if you do show kids this just tell them not to say or do whatever bad thing comes up in the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 17, 2010

A ridiculously good time

I'll be frank about not liking musicals, but this has got to be one of the greatestr I've ever seen! It never takes itself that seriously, more of a satire of a musical really. It's a must-see movie for the whole fam.