All member reviews for Grease

Musical phenomenon is great fun, but a bit racy.

Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2010

too much sex but fun for tweens w/ friends (NOT ADULTS!!)

love this movie!! but tons of things about sex!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byamandaluvsyooh June 17, 2010

Favorite Movie since a toddler

I am currently 13 years old, and this has been my FAVORITE movie since I was 1 year old (no joke). Yes, it is inapropriate, but the characters are so easy to fall in love with. I love John Trovolta and Olivia Newton-John. Definitely not a waste of your time!
Parent of a 4, 6, 9, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byNerdy_Mamma February 1, 2010

Adult Written bymrnocal April 9, 2008

A fun musical, but be cautious.

This is a fun musical, and one of my favorites. However, the message it conveys at the end, that in order to get the boy you love you have to be a "bad" girl and not stay true to yourself, is not a good example for children.
Adult Written bysoymissk8 April 9, 2008

When I first saw this movie I was 13...

ANd I was SHOCKED. I knew kids who memorized the entire soudntrack in 4th grade and it was one of those movies I knew I'd see, just didn't get around to it until later. I was offended by some of the themes and shocked that it was "acceptable" for young kids! The fact that Sandy has to change herself and darkens up for some guy... and the teen pregnancy. Today I enjoy the film, but I'm 21. I think the themes are not suited for kids under 13.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2013

best musical ever

when I found out about grease on the internet it got my interest up I watched some videos but not the full movie I am planning to watch it when I am older because my dad is strict about "adult movies"
Written byAnonymous December 12, 2012

I can't believe that all that content was going in but I didn't sing with it. Today's kids don't watch this movie is not for you.

The Song called Grease Lightnin' has Strong Sexual Content in this song in the movie. I can't believed that I watch this when I was Under 13 years old. ...and this movie is bad for kids too oh no!. This should have been Rated R. By the way they have the Sing-a-Long Version being Rated PG-13 and should be Rated NC-17 because of the Sexual Content in the Song Grease Lightnin' and should not be watched by kids and teens at all Minus 18 & 19 Year Olds.
Adult Written byilovegodsomuch July 29, 2011

Grease is the word!

This was my absolute favorite movie when I was younger and to be honest it still ranks high. It's not dirty or offensive, it's a musical! Sandy is a strong women who acts as a wonderful role-model.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana April 8, 2011

love this movie! the music is awesome.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla March 30, 2011

Personally love it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 26, 2011

Grease is the Word!

While a classic, Grease has some things that shouldn't be shown to those under ten. . However it does show some consequences of sexual habits by making Miss Rizzo think she's pregnant. Yet the songs are memorable and Sandy's very likeable and friendly to everyone.
Kid, 9 years old March 3, 2011

Good, but not for little kids

Awesome music and great movie. Very Funny.
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2011

Perfect

I've seen this movie when I was 4!!!! There's nothing wrong with it at all. This review is so picky.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Good for Tweens

Some Sexual Refrences and Kissing, But nothing bad. Good Movie with lots of singing and dancing perfect for a Tween Sleepover;)
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2011

Great movie

I love this movie, i've seen this movie sooo many times! There is some innapropriate stuff, but if you trust your child, it'll be fun. It's a GOOD movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 17, 2010

A ridiculously good time

I'll be frank about not liking musicals, but this has got to be one of the greatestr I've ever seen! It never takes itself that seriously, more of a satire of a musical really. It's a must-see movie for the whole fam.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZaphrodite July 13, 2010

Ugh!

It's very energetic and you can tell the cast had a blast filming it but it lacks plot and morals. It's not even poetic. I don't recommend it. I read the script without the movie and I did not enjoy it at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPixieDust0130 August 27, 2009

Chill out, pick your battles!

It does have a lot of sexual things in it, but I mean, come on, it's classic!!!!!! 11+ should be fine to watch it. I never liked it before I turned 14, but now it's my favorite movie. So younger kids may not even be interested. Chill out, worried parents. I know you're concerned, but I'd put up the battle against the Saw movies and American Pie instead of this one. Something my mom always tells me: Pick your battles!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLimoLoverxx August 6, 2009

really, parents?

seriously. i saw this when i was 7. calm down.
Adult Written byKatster July 1, 2009