All member reviews for Grease

Musical phenomenon is great fun, but a bit racy.

Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Good for Tweens

Some Sexual Refrences and Kissing, But nothing bad. Good Movie with lots of singing and dancing perfect for a Tween Sleepover;)
Teen, 13 years old Written byZaphrodite July 13, 2010

Ugh!

It's very energetic and you can tell the cast had a blast filming it but it lacks plot and morals. It's not even poetic. I don't recommend it. I read the script without the movie and I did not enjoy it at all.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2010

naturally since i am a dancer i love it
Teen, 14 years old Written byPixieDust0130 August 27, 2009

Chill out, pick your battles!

It does have a lot of sexual things in it, but I mean, come on, it's classic!!!!!! 11+ should be fine to watch it. I never liked it before I turned 14, but now it's my favorite movie. So younger kids may not even be interested. Chill out, worried parents. I know you're concerned, but I'd put up the battle against the Saw movies and American Pie instead of this one. Something my mom always tells me: Pick your battles!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLimoLoverxx August 6, 2009

really, parents?

seriously. i saw this when i was 7. calm down.
Adult Written byKatster July 1, 2009

Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

Classic Movie Musical about High School Romance!

I watched this movie when I was seven and I always walked around with my hair slicked back and a leather jacket on. I watched it when I had taken adolecensce classes and it made more sense. They don't show anything bad. Making out and some brief language is all you have to worry about. Great Movie for a summer night!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhola121212 April 9, 2008

I have sceen many movies and Grease is still my favorite. For a 14 year old like me having an old movie as my favorite movie is something you dont see that often. To me that says alot about this movie.

Good but inaprop

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2015

LOVE this but there are a few flaws

I love this movie!!! Though it does have a few flaws. The story its self is great, so is the music. Some of the characters act a bit sexist. Just remember one thing while watching this classic, it was made in 1978 and is rated PG if this was out now it would be rated PG13. Other wise great film!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisumi April 4, 2015

a great musical but parental guidance for kids under 11

This movie is a classic but there are some sex references and a make out scene.
Adult Written byfonzieg April 3, 2015

Fun and catchy musical has great songs, and has heart too!

This is easily one of the greatest films of all time as well! The songs are very catchy, and has a lot of heart! It's edgy, catchy, and sometimes hilarious, plus some of the characters are pretty relatable too! This is a movie that you'll enjoy for years to come!
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2015

don't let see this film at kids under 11 old because is too much sex and drinking smoking
Adult Written byvanessaa1 March 19, 2015

Classic

Grease is a fun and classic movie that showcases teenage life in America during the fifties. The first release of the film directed by Randal Kleiser was in 1978 however, the movie was re-released in 1998. The movie follows Danny and Sandy who fall for each other during the summer but, they must part not knowing they will see one another again. After ending up at the same high school once that summer ended (Rydell High) Danny is stuck in between choosing to act like the tough bad boy in order to keep his reputation or the sweet romantic Sandy knows of. The character Danny is played by John Travolta and Sandy is played by Olivia Newton-John. These two have a chemistry that is unbeatable on screen with their vocal skills and exquisite choreography. Not to mention they make an attractive couple. The stars of the greasers include, Jeff Conaway (Kenicke), Barry Pearl (Doody), and Michael Tucci (Sonny). The "Pink Ladies" the crew Sandy begins to make friends with include Stockard Channing (Rizzo) and Didi Con (Frenchy). This group of friends give a great performance just as the lead stars to create an eventful and lively musical.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTinkerbel12 March 17, 2015

Watch again Parents BEFORE you let your kids see it

I had never seen Grease before so my mum let me watch it so did my dad. But they hadn't seen Grease in ages and they forgot how inappropriate it was for me when I watched it ( I was 8). Now that i'm older I understand it more and realise why it was inappropriate for kids that age.
Adult Written bymattbruns3 February 25, 2015

Good movie but a lot of sexual content.

This movie is way above the PG level. It should be R, Some of the songs are sexual especially Grease Lightnin. There is a sex scene but not fully unclothed just the pants of the couple are off, you can not see anything below the shirts. There are other scenes with making out, and there are sexual remarks like bite the winnie, flop your log etc. It's OK for 15 if they are supervised by an adult.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamandafran February 11, 2015

Some parts are kind of mature

Our family got this movie because it is kind of a classic. Even though my parents had watched the movie, they thought it would be okay because the DVD said PG. It's a great movie especially for a movie made like 30+ years ago just some mature themes that you may want to skip. Although I don't recommend this for anyone under ten. Only view this movie to your children if they understand the content and I repeat DO NOT SHOW TO ANY ONE UNDER 10.
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2015

The Best

Personally I loved this film! The songs were great and the acting was good. There is one seen in the movie which is kind of sexist but it's only about 2 min long, if you skip that part you won't miss anything. The characters also swear a little, drink,smoke and sort of talk about sex
Teen, 14 years old Written bytigerheart3495 January 19, 2015

Great 50s Fun

While it was a little sexy, Grease was great and most of the bad stuff went right over my head. Maybe watch it first before showing it to your kids.
Adult Written byopalwolf219 January 17, 2015

Grease

Grease is better for older audiences.